CONFIMRED - Bod to Millwall.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

CONFIMRED - Bod to Millwall.

by Stranded » 12 Jul 2019 09:54

Bodvarsson's 750k move to Millwall expected to be completed today he can join them on their pre-season tour.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/mill ... ning-camp/

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 11:02

great news. Sad to see him go, but again if it starts freeing up funds to bring in new players, then hopefully will go through asap

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jul 2019 11:07

En route home from our final game of last season I heard Bod being interviewed. You could tell he was really down at not even making the squad for that game. I got the impression he knew his time was up. He is a thoroughly decent guy and after such a promising start last season it was a shame that injuries took over.

I wish him well.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jul 2019 11:16

Bad was a hard working and honest player in a squad where too many couldn't be arsed and a decent bloke by all accounts.

I wish him well.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Jul 2019 11:25

Stranded Bodvarsson's 750k move to Millwall expected to be completed today he can join them on their pre-season tour.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/mill ... ning-camp/

This deeply saddens me. I honestly thought he would be a plan b for us or even start games where we know we maybe on the back foot and need a hold up player or a bigger ariel threat.

Basildon

by Basildon » 12 Jul 2019 11:50

From Despair To Where? Bad was a hard working and honest player in a squad where too many couldn't be arsed and a decent bloke by all accounts.

I wish him well.

+1

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jul 2019 12:48

Criminally under used by Stam. Decent player, sadly held back by injuries. He'd be a good second choice, but with Nova coming through and Meite able to move in from the wing, probably best to shift him and help afford Oliveira, who is technically much better.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Jul 2019 13:17

Snowflake Royal Criminally under used by Stam. Decent player, sadly held back by injuries. He'd be a good second choice, but with Nova coming through and Meite able to move in from the wing, probably best to shift him and help afford Oliveira, who is technically much better.

I honestly cant see us getting Oliveira, unless he just cant find a club, which would be an advantage as we might get him as a bargain bin price at the last minute, but that is a bit of a gamble that that scenario happens.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 13:23

definitely one of the more likeable players of the last couple of seasons was Bod. Will have fond memories

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Jul 2019 13:43

Zip En route home from our final game of last season I heard Bod being interviewed. You could tell he was really down at not even making the squad for that game. I got the impression he knew his time was up. He is a thoroughly decent guy and after such a promising start last season it was a shame that injuries took over.

I wish him well.

agreed. was top scorer when jose came in, but was pretty clear he wasn't fancied, style wise.
good luck to the Dadi

edit- in fact he was the top scorer for the club for the duration of his time here, so can feel a little hard done by tbh
Last edited by Maneki Neko on 12 Jul 2019 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Bod to Millwall.

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Jul 2019 13:55

Good luck to him. Right move for both parties. Hopefully Millwall do well by him.

I reckon he had a good attitude so hopefully he can cement a place in the Millwall team.

We were never a club who particularly excelled at corners while he was here (or ever?) But Jake Cooper might welcome another tall man in the box this season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jul 2019 14:00

Having just seen his welcome video - he looks incredibly happy to be there.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 12 Jul 2019 14:02

No, Dodi.

Yeah, same as everyone else. A trier in a team of melts. Decent number of goals. Wish him all the best.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Jul 2019 14:03

Real shame this.

A previous posters have said. Criminally underused by Stam and his injury co-incided with a bad run. Never really had a chance since (partly due to injuries)

Great for both for both parties as Millwall absolutely play to his strengths.

Wish him well

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 14:05

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal Criminally under used by Stam. Decent player, sadly held back by injuries. He'd be a good second choice, but with Nova coming through and Meite able to move in from the wing, probably best to shift him and help afford Oliveira, who is technically much better.

I honestly cant see us getting Oliveira, unless he just cant find a club, which would be an advantage as we might get him as a bargain bin price at the last minute, but that is a bit of a gamble that that scenario happens.

The fact that he’s been training here over the summer and has been reported as having a medical tomorrow doesn’t influence your thinking ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jul 2019 14:19

Nameless
Ascotexgunner

The fact that he’s been training here over the summer and has been reported as having a medical tomorrow doesn’t influence your thinking ?

By reported as having a medical, do you mean one post on here?

Not saying it won't happen but wouldn't take a post on here as a report. Happy to be pointed toward another source.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2019 14:22

Stranded
Nameless
Ascotexgunner

Not saying it won't happen but wouldn't take a post on here as a report. Happy to be pointed toward another source.

Well a post on here certainly qualifies as a report, how much credence you attach to it is another matter !
It’s also been stated on here that a deal has been agreed for some time. Bod going, medical rumoured - enough to at least make an utterly negative ‘he won’t sign’ questionable wouldn’t you think ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jul 2019 14:24

Nameless
Stranded
Nameless

Well a post on here certainly qualifies as a report, how much credence you attach to it is another matter !
It’s also been stated on here that a deal has been agreed for some time. Bod going, medical rumoured - enough to at least make an utterly negative ‘he won’t sign’ questionable wouldn’t you think ?

Meh, maybe - until something is officially announced or an actual journalist reports it as happening then both views are equally valid.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jul 2019 14:28

So Popa, Meyler, McNulty, Gunter, McCleary and Baldock still to move on.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 14:29

There are a couple of posters who seem very sure that NO is very likely to come, and was just waiting for us to ship out some players. On the other hand JLow for example seems very certain it isn't likely to happen.

Seems a fair chance he'll be back to me.