Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jul 2019 12:42

Courtney Friday now tweeting Miazga loan may be on. Even if CB is no longer a priority position to fill, we'd be mad not to if the opportunity is there

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2019 12:45

Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal That seems some fairly hefty assumptions seth.

That's my jam. .

Mine's M & S' Strawberry seedless.

Awful boring choice there. Mix it up.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 22 Jul 2019 12:46

NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth That's my jam. .

First one that sprang to mind. Am quite partial to a home made one too, but I digress...
Last edited by Tilehurstsouthbank on 22 Jul 2019 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2019 12:48

Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank

First one that sprang to mind. Am quite partial to a home made one to, but I digress...

Spin off thread :arrow: Best Jams.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 22 Jul 2019 12:49

NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth Awful boring choice there. Mix it up.

First one that sprang to mind. Am quite partial to a home made one too, but I digress...

AE has a new top thread... :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2019 12:53

Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank

:?

The competition to crown the best jam has begun.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jul 2019 12:56

NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth Spin off thread :arrow: Best Jams.

What's the difference between jelly and jam?

I don't want to jelly my dick up your arsehole.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2019 13:00

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank

What's the difference between jelly and jam?

I don't want to jelly my dick up your arsehole.

Move it to the dating thread Horse :wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jul 2019 14:17

wonder if Boadu and Baldock are training with the first team today

very interested to see what we pick vs Peterboro. Got to be along the lines of the first 11 I'd have thought. Chelsea certainly will be

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2019 15:15

WestYorksRoyal Courtney Friday now tweeting Miazga loan may be on. Even if CB is no longer a priority position to fill, we'd be mad not to if the opportunity is there

I'm constantly baffled by our transfer activity and the lack of any apparent plan.

Miazga returning would be awesome, yet we've already signed a centreback and have several promising young centre backs who can cover. Meanwhile we have one genuine midfielder, fewer than we entered pre-season with, and only really one young midfielder who could realistically cover the position... and he hasn't particularly impressed on tour. This is while we still have squad bloat to get rid of, and tight finances to manage.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jul 2019 15:48

tbh, think most of it is paper talk. But utterly amazed if we didn't ask about Miazga, doesn't mean we have a hope in hell of getting him - but if Chelsea suddenly decide to play nice, of course we take him. 1st name on the teamsheet

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jul 2019 15:49

Snowflake Royal
Maneki Neko another moneyball signing id be happy with

33, hasn't started 20 league games in a season in the last 5 years.

In fact he's made less than 10 league starts in the last two seasons combined.

Not what I'd hope for in a partner for Rino. If we can get 30 decent performances out of him it would both surprising and great.

Good with free kicks though as I recall.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jul 2019 16:19

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Courtney Friday now tweeting Miazga loan may be on. Even if CB is no longer a priority position to fill, we'd be mad not to if the opportunity is there

I'm constantly baffled by our transfer activity and the lack of any apparent plan.

Miazga returning would be awesome, yet we've already signed a centreback and have several promising young centre backs who can cover. Meanwhile we have one genuine midfielder, fewer than we entered pre-season with, and only really one young midfielder who could realistically cover the position... and he hasn't particularly impressed on tour. This is while we still have squad bloat to get rid of, and tight finances to manage.

I'm sure we're trying for midfielders. We may have been holding out for Baker; obviously that hasn't happened. It's difficult to bring in quality players when you have no money. I'd say full credit to the club for staying clear of panic signings in our position (now watch Adam and McCormack come in and make a mockery of that!)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Jul 2019 16:56

It's like in the good old days of Championship manager when I started with a League 2 team and tried to loan pretty much any Reserve player in the premier league for 0 fee. Sometimes ended up with a completely random squad.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jul 2019 17:03

Royalwaster It's like in the good old days of Championship manager when I started with a League 2 team and tried to loan pretty much any Reserve player in the premier league for 0 fee. Sometimes ended up with a completely random squad.

I once took Yeovil town to the Premier League and scraped survival with a 37 year old Rivaldo pulling the strings.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Jul 2019 17:34

WestYorksRoyal
Royalwaster It's like in the good old days of Championship manager when I started with a League 2 team and tried to loan pretty much any Reserve player in the premier league for 0 fee. Sometimes ended up with a completely random squad.

I once took Yeovil town to the Premier League and scraped survival with a 37 year old Rivaldo pulling the strings.

Yeah I always found I could win the lower leagues quite easily with this strategy and then got found out in the Prem ...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jul 2019 21:28

Now that Miazga seems a done deal, wouldn’t be surprised to see all of Odimayo, Osho and Holmes sent out on loan. Bit harsh on McIntyre who will probably drop to fourth choice but it’s still a step forward for him from last season

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jul 2019 21:37

URZZZZ Now that Miazga seems a done deal, wouldn’t be surprised to see all of Odimayo, Osho and Holmes sent out on loan. Bit harsh on McIntyre who will probably drop to fourth choice but it’s still a step forward for him from last season

Yes it is harsh on McIntyre. He’s gone from second choice to fourth choice. The other young CB’s will benefit from loans.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2019 21:49

Zip
URZZZZ Now that Miazga seems a done deal, wouldn’t be surprised to see all of Odimayo, Osho and Holmes sent out on loan. Bit harsh on McIntyre who will probably drop to fourth choice but it’s still a step forward for him from last season

Yes it is harsh on McIntyre. He’s gone from second choice to fourth choice. The other young CB’s will benefit from loans.

If we get Miazga then I think we'd be better off getting McIntyre L1 or 2 experience and using Osho or Odimayo as 4th choice back up given 4th choice is unlikely to play. Maybe 6 months then switch.

Moore, Morrison and Miazga all seem fairly robust and (touch wood) injury free.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jul 2019 21:52

Snowflake Royal
Zip

If we get Miazga then I think we'd be better off getting McIntyre L1 or 2 experience and using Osho or Odimayo as 4th choice back up given 4th choice is unlikely to play. Maybe 6 months then switch.

Moore, Morrison and Miazga all seem fairly robust and (touch wood) injury free.

Three strong centre backs but will they all play?

1826 posts