Re: Rival Watch

by Snowball » 27 Jul 2019 10:28

My Guess... No-Just-an-Opinion?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Jul 2019 11:00

Ah that makes sense.

Well ok. I respect your opinion. I dont think Fulham will finish top 2. Play offs? Sure why not.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jul 2019 11:19

NewCorkSeth Ah that makes sense.

Well ok. I respect your opinion. I dont think Fulham will finish top 2. Play offs? Sure why not.

I think it's hard to call Fulham, if they've managed to forge their squad into an actual team they're going to do very well. If they're still a bit of a shambles of individuals then I think mid-table disappointment beckons with some hidings dished out and a lot of upsets for the Fulham faithful.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Jul 2019 12:56

Looks like Hugill will be signing for QPR. He’ll be a good signing for them. Not sure how well Barnsley, Millwall and Wigan etc. have strengthened their squads.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Jul 2019 13:14

Needless to say I hope Fulham crash and burn.

Not sure Parker is the right man but he seems reasonablely intelligent and they have a decent squad.

Hopefully Sessagnon fcuks off to spurs reserves and a vengeful god unleashed a plague of testicular boils on the denizens of Craven Cottage.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2019 13:23

blythspartan Looks like Hugill will be signing for QPR. He’ll be a good signing for them. Not sure how well Barnsley, Millwall and Wigan etc. have strengthened their squads.

Yeah, was one who I thought we might go for

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Jul 2019 13:28

Hound
blythspartan Looks like Hugill will be signing for QPR. He’ll be a good signing for them. Not sure how well Barnsley, Millwall and Wigan etc. have strengthened their squads.

Would you take a punt on Jordan Rhodes, as he is apparently being offered out for loan by Sheff Weds?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2019 13:30

blythspartan
Hound

Would you take a punt on Jordan Rhodes, as he is apparently being offered out for loan by Sheff Weds?

Yes if he didn’t cost too much

Guessing he would though being as they are trying to offload

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Jul 2019 13:35

Hound
blythspartan
Hound

Yes if he didn’t cost too much

Guessing he would though being as they are trying to offload

I think you’re probably right and I guess unlike a Premiership club there’ll be no chance of Wednesday paying his wages.

I just hope that we can find at least one decent striker.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 27 Jul 2019 14:04

blythspartan
Hound

Definitely not.

In a front two, maybe, but not as a loan striker.

His time has well passed.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2019 17:10

Some slightly eye opening pre season results today- for example:

Brizzle 0-5 Palace
Brum 0-4 Brighton

I know they are fairly meaningless but not a great confidence booster

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 27 Jul 2019 17:22

Hound Some slightly eye opening pre season results today- for example:

Brizzle 0-5 Palace
Brum 0-4 Brighton

Pre season results mean nothing. Brum will struggle with their owners and manager though.

Bristol city will blow hot and cold as they always do.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2019 17:25

No, of course I get that. But the palace 4-0 defeat for us certainly helped set the tone for last year

Bristol have spent a shit load on their back 4 as well, so not great to then concede 5, meaningless or not

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Jul 2019 17:33

leon Needless to say I hope Fulham crash and burn.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Jul 2019 19:43

Hound Some slightly eye opening pre season results today- for example:

Brizzle 0-5 Palace
Brum 0-4 Brighton

Charlton & Luton getting done 4-1 and 5-1 respectively today as well. The last friendly is always a bit more important as you expect next weeks XI to play. Getting stuffed by a PL side is nothing to be ashamed of but will suddenly leave those managers with plenty of questions.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2019 19:52

Yes, thrashed by Villa and Norwich. Again not ideal, esp being as none of those Prem sides are fancied for anything more than a relegation battle

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 Jul 2019 22:26

StellaPlease
blythspartan
Hound

Definitely not.

I personally think he is the most overrated Championship player ever. He last scored more than 10 goals in the Champ in 2015. He has been promoted to the PL twice recently.....scoring 6 goals each time. He is living off one extraordinary season in League One for Huddersfield and a couple of good seasons 4+ years ago with Blackburn. Thankfully it looks like we aren’t interested, but we shouldn’t be going anywhere near him!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Jul 2019 22:38

Kitsondinho
StellaPlease
blythspartan

Definitely not.

I personally think he is the most overrated Championship player ever. He last scored more than 10 goals in the Champ in 2015. He has been promoted to the PL twice recently.....scoring 6 goals each time. He is living off one extraordinary season in League One for Huddersfield and a couple of good seasons 4+ years ago with Blackburn. Thankfully it looks like we aren’t interested, but we shouldn’t be going anywhere near him!

He had five extraordinary seasons in a row. 83 goals in 159 games for Blackburn is really shit hot. Those six goals for Boro were after his January transfer (he scored 10 goals in the first half of the season) and iirc he was alternating with David Nugent for Boro? Jason Roberts also scored six goals for us in our promotion season.

Fair to say he's been pretty underwhelming for the past few years. Since our last relegation we've not been very good at getting the best out of players with similar reputations, like Sharp, Vydra, Grabban, and Martin, but Glenn Murray worked quite well.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 29 Jul 2019 09:02

SCIAG
Kitsondinho
StellaPlease
Definitely not.

He had five extraordinary seasons in a row. 83 goals in 159 games for Blackburn is really shit hot. Those six goals for Boro were after his January transfer (he scored 10 goals in the first half of the season) and iirc he was alternating with David Nugent for Boro? Jason Roberts also scored six goals for us in our promotion season.

Fair to say he's been pretty underwhelming for the past few years. Since our last relegation we've not been very good at getting the best out of players with similar reputations, like Sharp, Vydra, Grabban, and Martin, but Glenn Murray worked quite well.

What were his 'stats' Like? 8)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2019 11:23

Brighton about to spend £25m on Bristol City's Adam Webster.

Imagine how much we could charge for Moore now :lol:

17149 posts