Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Jagermesiter1871 » 25 Jul 2019 23:03

NewCorkSeth There is a weird strap on the left shoulder of the home kit. I dont get it.

Is there?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 25 Jul 2019 23:04

Think the crown detail on the away is pretty shite. A black and grey hooped shirt, which is what that nearly is, would have been great.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jul 2019 23:10

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth There is a weird strap on the left shoulder of the home kit. I dont get it.

Is there?

Yes? See the blue peeking through at the top corner?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2019 08:46

Out of interest, anyone know when the various training tops will be available, would that be the same date as the main kit?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Jul 2019 09:46

Sutekh Out of interest, anyone know when the various training tops will be available, would that be the same date as the main kit?

From the megastore photos I've seen on social, it looks like training gear currently on shelf so would imagine you can get it on Sunday or online at the same time

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jul 2019 11:48

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

Is there?

Do you mean the Macron logo that is on both shoulders of all shirts? Or am I completely missing what you're saying?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Jul 2019 11:54

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
Is there?

Do you mean the Macron logo that is on both shoulders of all shirts? Or am I completely missing what you're saying?

I see now it's on both shoulders. It's a blue pad on each shoulder. So in the corner next to the collar there is a triangle of white peeking out.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jul 2019 11:58

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth Yes? See the blue peeking through at the top corner?

I see now it's on both shoulders. It's a blue pad on each shoulder. So in the corner next to the collar there is a triangle of white peeking out.

hmm oddly the white triangles don't appear on the womens shirts:

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/j ... r-2019-20/

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Jul 2019 13:09

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

hmm oddly the white triangles don't appear on the womens shirts:

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/j ... r-2019-20/

Interesting as they still appear to have the shoulder patches. Weird.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2019 13:13

Scutterbucketz Think the crown detail on the away is pretty shite. A black and grey hooped shirt, which is what that nearly is, would have been great.

yep agree. The pattern just doesn't quite work

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2019 13:22

Out of interest what was Reading’s away kit in the 60s and 70s, presumably in those days away kit changes for lower league sides were very rare and there certainly wouldn't have been anything like a “reveal” in the local media.

Also when was the first replica shirt you could buy for Reading and how does that compare for leading clubs. Seem to be of the impression that replica shirts for Reading were first available in the early 90s while for the leading clubs like Liverpool, ManU etc. It was the early/mid 80s.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 26 Jul 2019 16:16

Jagermesiter1871

Is there?

Think he might mean the away. If you look at the close-up photo there's some weird leather patch/strap. Almost like it's been patch-worked to the manikin. Or maybe that's just something I've spotted! :lol:
Last edited by Tilehurstsouthbank on 26 Jul 2019 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Jul 2019 16:18

Tilehurstsouthbank
Jagermesiter1871

Is there?

Think he might mean the away. If you look at the close-up photo there's some weird leather patch/strap. Almost like it's been patch-worked to the manikin.

No I meant the home shirt.. Its a blue patch/strap on the shoulder. Go zoom in on a photo of the new shirt. Its a slightly raised piece of material on each shoulder in what seems to be a slightly different material or shade of blue.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 26 Jul 2019 16:20

NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank
Jagermesiter1871
Is there?

Think he might mean the away. If you look at the close-up photo there's some weird leather patch/strap. Almost like it's been patch-worked to the manikin.

No I meant the home shirt.. Its a blue patch/strap on the shoulder. Go zoom in on a photo of the new shirt. Its a slightly raised piece of material on each shoulder in what seems to be a slightly different material or shade of blue.

Gotcha, but also take a look at the shoulder of the enlarged photo of the away kit. Definitely something weird going on there...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Jul 2019 16:22

Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank

Gotcha, but also take a look at the shoulder of the enlarged photo of the away kit. Definitely something weird going on there...

Ewwww. What is that? Looks awful.

The ladies shirt is actually marginally better if it wasn't for the sleeves and the sponsor

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2019 19:36

royalp-we
The Royal Forester I will reserve judgement until I have seen the backs. How can I see the back of the shirts? Please don't say Twitter, as I am not a Twiterer! Is there somebody who can upload pictures of the sides and backs (goalies as well if possable, please?

Ooof, it's a big no from me on the back of the home shirt. Tucked in you won't see any hoops from the back on the players. Might have been tolerable if the blue shoulders went onto the back, but as is it's might as well be plain backed.

From the players wearing them perspective at least.

Those blank spaces look gash on the fan shirts if you don't have a name or number on especially.

From the front it looks fine. Away is decent.

I'll probably pick up the next decent shirt we do. Not this one.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Jul 2019 14:20

Home kit is fine. Not particularly exciting, and I'd rather full hoops on the back, but it's ok. Away kit - that pattern thing in the hoops reminds me of carpets. Or curtain material.

But we've definitely had worse shirts than this.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 27 Jul 2019 22:00

Sutekh Out of interest what was Reading’s away kit in the 60s and 70s, presumably in those days away kit changes for lower league sides were very rare and there certainly wouldn't have been anything like a “reveal” in the local media.

Also when was the first replica shirt you could buy for Reading and how does that compare for leading clubs. Seem to be of the impression that replica shirts for Reading were first available in the early 90s while for the leading clubs like Liverpool, ManU etc. It was the early/mid 80s.

In the 1960s our away strip was usually red shirts white shorts, sometimes red shorts. We did have some special cup kits, including all white with red trim v Man City in 1968. Binned after the 0-7.

In 1970 Jack Mansell changed it to yellow shirts blue shorts and it then went to all yellow for many years.

Ranger_762

by Ranger_762 » 28 Jul 2019 12:43

Eh, I do like the blue and white one, although, as said, it'd be better if the pattern was extended to the back.
The black one looks too much like pajamas with the little repeated motive on the grey lines, and the lime green one looks like what municipal workers would wear so that they are picked up optimally by car headlights.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Jul 2019 22:50

Surprised the green training kit has not made an appearance yet.. Kit is always late but what with late postage of tickets, other merchandise etc things are certainly a bit ropey behind the scenes.

5989 posts