Free away travel

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Free away travel

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2019 18:31

Singing Defective
Nameless
Sutekh
Out of interest is that any coach to any sporting event or is it just football that gets victimised.

Just football. Like it’s just football where you can’t take alcohol into the stadium.
Hardly victimisation, rugby and cricket fans can sit next to each other and have a few beers without feeling the need to fight.

And yet I have never seen a half ‘n half rugby scarf.
The authorities are absolutely right, though, and everybody at every football game is absolutely sober, as it should be.

Suppose that alcohol helps if you have to watch cricket or rugby.....

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 01 Aug 2019 18:41

Sutekh
Singing Defective
Nameless
Just football. Like it’s just football where you can’t take alcohol into the stadium.
Hardly victimisation, rugby and cricket fans can sit next to each other and have a few beers without feeling the need to fight.

And yet I have never seen a half ‘n half rugby scarf.
The authorities are absolutely right, though, and everybody at every football game is absolutely sober, as it should be.

Suppose that alcohol helps if you have to watch cricket or rugby.....

Can’t say about cricket. But in rugby, it’s all about the stuff you can’t see, like eye gouging in scrums. Sho you have another sherbet...

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 01 Aug 2019 18:52

As a northern Royal who lives about an hour or so away from most of those 15, I think this is an outrageous decision and I shall be boycotting the buses :wink:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Aug 2019 20:44

Wallsy A great touch by the owner, however he wants and expects better away crowds as a result. I certainly hope he gets them, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for a great difference.

Not everyone can afford the money nor the time. Even a few hundred more will make a real difference. Been to a few games where our away support has been shocking.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2019 08:17

Great work from Dai.

I'd be IN! in a heartbeat for at least some of these if I wasn't 3+ hours and ~£50 quid from getting to the free coach in the first place.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2019 08:18

Great work from Dai.

I'd be IN! in a heartbeat for at least some of these if I wasn't 3+ hours and ~£50 quid from getting to the free coach in the first place.

Don't suppose he'd take receipts for reimbursing travel for exiles? :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2019 08:40

Seen a couple of idiots whinging on Social Media that this offer is unfair as it discriminates against fans who choose to make their own way to the game. One would hope they are taking the piss, but we are know they won't be.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Aug 2019 09:06

I've got to say I'm very disappointed that nobody on here has managed to come up with something like that, Ian and Kits have tried but were too obviously joking. Maybe it's the perfect offer?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Aug 2019 10:33

Stranded Seen a couple of idiots whinging on Social Media that this offer is unfair as it discriminates against fans who choose to make their own way to the game. One would hope they are taking the piss, but we are know they won't be.

Although . . . . . never going to happen, but if the club could negotiate some kind of deal with the railways to provide cheaper 'football tickets' that could be exchanged if the fixture is moved, that would be amazing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2019 11:08

Elm Park Kid
Stranded Seen a couple of idiots whinging on Social Media that this offer is unfair as it discriminates against fans who choose to make their own way to the game. One would hope they are taking the piss, but we are know they won't be.

Although . . . . . never going to happen, but if the club could negotiate some kind of deal with the railways to provide cheaper 'football tickets' that could be exchanged if the fixture is moved, that would be amazing.

It's not the worst idea but the only way that could be done is by the FA and EFL coming to agreement with all train companies and would probably need a dedicated website to handle it. Fans would most likely be tied to very specific trains most likely aimed at getting them to the town no more than 90mins before kick off.

You may well have hit on a business idea though - Sportline - allows you to select a fixture and pulls back the cheapest travel option to get to Hull V Reading from your chosen location.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2019 11:46

Stranded
Elm Park Kid

It's not the worst idea but the only way that could be done is by the FA and EFL coming to agreement with all train companies and would probably need a dedicated website to handle it. Fans would most likely be tied to very specific trains most likely aimed at getting them to the town no more than 90mins before kick off.

You may well have hit on a business idea though - Sportline - allows you to select a fixture and pulls back the cheapest travel option to get to Hull V Reading from your chosen location.

Bring back Football Specials!

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 02 Aug 2019 12:21

Stranded
Elm Park Kid

There have been negotiations between the rail authorities, Football authorities and national fan groups going on for 2-3 years trying to solve the issue of advance rail tickets rendered useless by TV changes. Also a small amount of talk about a football supporters rail card. But it’s about as easy as Brexit to sort out.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2019 12:34

STAR Liaison

Quick question that STAR Liaison might be able to answer.

I know the statement covers the league games, however is there a contingency for away cup games? I know this is obviously impossible to plan but just a thought?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 02 Aug 2019 14:54

Hendo
STAR Liaison

I know the statement covers the league games, however is there a contingency for away cup games? I know this is obviously impossible to plan but just a thought?

Just the 15 league games. No word ever about the cups.

You’ll have to find your own tenner for Wycombe.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2019 15:42

STAR Liaison
Hendo
STAR Liaison

:D

Was thinking more about Newcastle away in the second round :wink:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 02 Aug 2019 17:55

Nameless
3points Anyone seen when tickets for WBA away are going to be released? Only 3 weeks away now

Is that going to be a pattern for the whole season ?
What with Delboyrodders goingi to meltdown because he hadn’t got his ST a month beforehand the season and now you worrying about tickets for a game 3 weeks away that we will still be selling the day before the game.
Anyone worried that they’ve not had any Xmas cards yet or concerned that we’ve not had player of the season forms issued so far ?

Some of us have complicated lifestyles which mean we’re not around much so it helps being able to get tickets sent through to home early so I can them pack them and take them with me.

More of a case though of not understanding why a club would put them on sale as early as possible anyway.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 03 Aug 2019 00:12

Snowflake Royal Great work from Dai.

Don't suppose he'd take receipts for reimbursing travel for exiles? :wink:

Same...if they could subside my overly priced Hull ticket next week that would be superb

Speaking of Hull...are we taking any fans there?! It doesn’t even have its own thread on here so I presume no one is bothering!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2019 09:42

3points
Nameless
3points Anyone seen when tickets for WBA away are going to be released? Only 3 weeks away now

What with Delboyrodders goingi to meltdown because he hadn’t got his ST a month beforehand the season and now you worrying about tickets for a game 3 weeks away that we will still be selling the day before the game.
Anyone worried that they’ve not had any Xmas cards yet or concerned that we’ve not had player of the season forms issued so far ?

Some of us have complicated lifestyles which mean we’re not around much so it helps being able to get tickets sent through to home early so I can them pack them and take them with me.

More of a case though of not understanding why a club would put them on sale as early as possible anyway.

You could just arrange to collect your tickets on the day ?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2019 09:45

Hendo
STAR Liaison
Hendo

:D

Was thinking more about Newcastle away in the second round :wink:

Second round is still regionalised isn’t it ?
So maybe Plymouth !
You’d think the club might extend the offer for long distance cup games but I don’t think we should expect them to or feel badly done by if they don’t.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Aug 2019 13:51

Nameless
3points
Nameless

You could just arrange to collect your tickets on the day ?

And queue up with all the riffraff. No thanks