CONFIMRED - Puscas

213 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Puscas

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2019 23:08

Zip
Chameleon
strap Have I missed something re. FFP? Has it been rescinded? Or was Aluko's transfer fee actually four-pence halfpenny not £7.5Million? Or maybe his salary was £15 million a season and now he;s out on loan that comes off our FFP liabilities?

I am confused.

If you're going to break FFP, break it by enough to mitigate the point deductions would be my thinking.

God I really hope Howe hasn’t been stupid enough to take that gamble.

There would probably be a massive fine and a bigger than 9 point deduction if they thought we did it delibrately.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Aug 2019 23:10

I'm not sure I'm getting this potential signing.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 06 Aug 2019 23:15

Zip
Chameleon
strap Have I missed something re. FFP? Has it been rescinded? Or was Aluko's transfer fee actually four-pence halfpenny not £7.5Million? Or maybe his salary was £15 million a season and now he;s out on loan that comes off our FFP liabilities?

I am confused.

If you're going to break FFP, break it by enough to mitigate the point deductions would be my thinking.

God I really hope Howe hasn’t been stupid enough to take that gamble.

It's far more likely that someone is on their way out (Aluko to Renhe, Moore for a ridiculous sum etc). Since revenue is recognised immediately and purchases are depreciated over the length of the contract (and possibly not on a straight line basis, don't know the standards for sports teams) between Hector, that youth guy who left and some fees for Gunter etc we may have had more breathing room than expected.

But if Howe's confident that we're going to breach FFP by £1-2m, they might as well go £5m over and get players in who'll get us comfortably mid table to survive 12 points gone rather than just slightly break it and still get 9 points taken away. A fine wouldn't be an issue, and looking at our squad it's quite well set up to survive a window under embargo.

Howe's historically made the right calls for Reading, lets hope that it continues, whichever scenario it is.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Aug 2019 23:28

Platypuss
Old Man Andrews Will be shocked if both Novakovich and Baldock are here come deadline day. Can see Novakovich going more than Baldock as it stands.

Although we would still be able to loan/sell overseas until the first week of September.

Yes and I can see Novakovich ending up back in Holland by the end of this month as he has no chance of making the squad now.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 07 Aug 2019 01:55

Zip
Platypuss
Old Man Andrews Will be shocked if both Novakovich and Baldock are here come deadline day. Can see Novakovich going more than Baldock as it stands.

Although we would still be able to loan/sell overseas until the first week of September.

Yes and I can see Novakovich ending up back in Holland by the end of this month as he has no chance of making the squad now.

Yep, could be.
Despite the clamor for him, I’ve really not seen too much of Nova myself.
Tbf, there’s been a few, who likely know more, who have warned/guarded against it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Aug 2019 07:26

It’s not a signing that makes instant sense, but he is highly rated and looks a very good player on the clips I’ve seen

Apparently absolutely smashed the recent euro u21 tournament (inc game against England), certainly scored a lot of goals for the side, and has 4 full international goals

Assuming José must be looking at a fluent front 3 of him, Joao and Meite/Boye - all big and quick

Would have to think Baldock and Nova’s days are numbered

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Aug 2019 07:50

Medical scheduled for this AM. Fee could get as high as €10m (approx £8m) :shock:

Reported as a 5 year deal worth £1m per season.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... r-16711594

Is Ron still here?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Aug 2019 07:59

I am confused.

Am sure Joao deal would have factored in the sell on money from Hector going to Sheff Wed from Chelsea

There is the Stacey money too

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 07:59

Interesting piece on a player we may be getting. Excerpt from an article on Romanias Under21s.

http://www.scoutedftbl.com/home/romania ... ssion=true

Pușcaș is another with a famous name in this Romania side, but unlike Ianis Hagi, he has no relation to his namesake, the Hungarian maestro. What he does share with the magnificent Magyar is a stocky build and an uncanny ability to cause havoc in opposition penalty boxes. He scored four goals at this year’s U21 Euros, and although three were penalties, it was his outstanding centre-forward play that will have ear-marked him in many-a-scout’s notebooks.

Despite having never played for the ‘best teams’ at club level, his goals tally is consistently respectable. With un-fancied Benevento in 2016-17, Pușcaș scored seven times in 21 appearances as they were promoted to Serie A for the first time in their history. Then, nine goals in 19 games for Novara – again in Serie B. And just this season, for a stuttering U.S. Palermo side finishing 11th in Serie B, he scored nine once again, despite what has now come to be predictable off-field turmoil at the Sicilian club.

With Palermo’s demotion to Serie D for the upcoming 2019-20 campaign in the wake of financial irregularities, Pușcaș will be an asset they will look to cash in on, particularly following his U21 Euro showing.

All-time top scorer for the Under-21 side and four in eight for the senior national team; it looks as though Pușcaș will spearhead Romania’s attack for years to come. While goals and assists may be the most binary and reductive measure of an attacker, they indicate a willingness to work regardless of the differing systems he is deployed in.

Pușcaș complements the silkiness and craft of Hagi, Man and Ivan with his power and lusty, Herculean efforts to disrupt and dismay opposition defences. His angled header against Germany to give Romania a first-half lead was a fantastic example of what he is capable of. Had it not been for Jonathan Tah’s sheer size, and an expert save from Alexander Nübel with the game still in the balance, Pușcaș’ influence could have decided the semi-final.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2019 08:07

This is the one that feels a step too far and makes me nervous. But he sounds like he could be shit hot.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 08:09

Snowflake Royal This is the one that feels a step too far and makes me nervous. But he sounds like he could be shit hot.

I'm with you. 10 million? Makes my skin itchy that. I guess we have to trust the scouting department. Hopefully they know what we are doing.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 08:12

THe prospects of enjoying his lusty Herculean efforts for the next 4 years is almost too much to contemplate....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2019 08:13

NotARacist
Snowflake Royal This is the one that feels a step too far and makes me nervous. But he sounds like he could be shit hot.

I'm with you. 10 million? Makes my skin itchy that. I guess we have to trust the scouting department. Hopefully they know what we are doing.

5 years makes my skin crawl too. He shouldn't be on a huge wage, but if he's shit that's a long time to be stuck paying him in the reserves.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 08:15

Nameless THe prospects of enjoying his lusty Herculean efforts for the next 4 years is almost too much to contemplate....

I expected that line to excite Pepe. Although Puscas is white so probably not his type.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 08:18

Snowflake Royal
NotARacist

5 years makes my skin crawl too. He shouldn't be on a huge wage, but if he's shit that's a long time to be stuck paying him in the reserves.

5 years? I didnt even see that bit. I know people will be saying if it work s out the 5 year deal was genius but it makes me feel a bit sick. That's a lot of confidence. At least we know hes comfortable playing as a solo striker and by all reports is phenomenal at leading the line.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2019 08:37

Snowflake Royal
NotARacist

I would expect the 5 years is to help spread the cost of the deal.

It looks like should it happen, we will "only" be paying €2m this season, with the rest in installments and if certain clauses are met. As with the Joao transfer, I will be very surprised if we ever end up paying €10m for him and if we do, it will be because we a Premier League club.

Understand the uneasiness of it given we seem to have gone from nowt to moneybags but at the moment, I trust Howe to be making decisions that benefit the club and structuring these deals in a way that we can handle.

I would also hope that given we appear to have worked closely with the EFL they all know the level of comfort we have as a club and these 2 deals fit into that. If this risked FFP breaches, then I would imagine the EFL would be vocal about it.

Just down to the player to be a success now, if it happens today/tomorrow.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 Aug 2019 09:02

Do we know how much the Casumo deal was worth?

Maybe they would just sell the naming rights to the stadium next season if we’re struggling to balance the books?!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 09:05

TBM Do we know how much the Casumo deal was worth?

Maybe they would just sell the naming rights to the stadium next season if we’re struggling to balance the books?!

Can we sell the rights ? We don’t own the stadium.....

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 Aug 2019 09:16

Nameless

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 09:27

Nameless

Who owns the stadium?

213 posts