Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Puscas

by Hendo » 08 Aug 2019 10:33

RoyalBlue
Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71
:lol:

I think we have the worlds most embarrassing social media accounts.

'AnNoUnCe PuScAs So I cAn gO To BeD'

Utter embarrassing to even read.

Thing is I'd get it if we'd signed Rooney or something. Everyone knows him, he's a legend of the game. The players we have signed nobody had heard of a couple of weeks ago. Yes be happy we have brought players in but to see middle aged men on Twitter wet themselves over these signings is crazy. Those same people who are saying it is the best day of their lives will be the same people who slag off the new signings the second they make a mistake too. I remember the excitement when Aluko signed for us and look how that turned out. We should be reserving judgement.

Anyone who had kept just half an eye on the U21 European Championships would have heard of Puscas.

^^This, he made team of the tournament.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Puscas

by Snowball » 08 Aug 2019 10:35

Sutekh
stealthpapes Thus far, I've been pleasantly surprised by his 2nd goal in that Romania Germany game - very old school #9 - and the vague feeling that he's a bit of a shithouse.

Let’s hope that this season he’s flushed with success.

Rather than "toilet". Agreed

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Aug 2019 10:36

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Hampshire Royal I could support Liverpool, Man C or Spurs if I wanted guaranteed success every season. How boring would that be? Supporting a club which you have no connection with just because they are successful.

//not related to thread but...

I just don't understand the stupidity of supporting somewhere you've just arbitrarily chosen to be 'your' club. What do these people feel when these clubs win? "The club I arbitrarily chose to follow has won. Yippee." Yet I see people get so emotional about it, it doesn't make sense. I've always been a Liverpool fan, and I can pinpoint the exact moment on a school playground in Reading that happened: aged 5, my best mate said he supported Liverpool because they were one of the best at the time and as a 5 year old knowing nothing better I thought ok I'll do the same. And that's it. I've never even been to LIverpool FFS, know nothing about it other that it exists up north somewhere, they speak funny, are friendly, have curly hair and steal things, say "aright aright kam down" a lot and, erm.... Cilla Black? I still look out for their results now and then and if it's a case of them vs Man City winning the Prem I'd rather it's them. But that's all. I know LIverpool fans who've like me never been anywhere near the place who get so immensely emotional about it. Why!?

Reading is the town I was born in, where I had my first kiss, where I married, where my kids were born, where my parents married, where they conceived me, where I've lived pretty much all my life and I like to see my fellow townsfolk happy. Supporting Reading actually means something to me.

I understand that some people support other clubs because they have some sort of a link (family originally from there, dad from there etc) but it's relatively tenuous. If/when my kids move away I'll encourage them to support their local clubs too if they're into footy.

My kids support Reading, and always will, despite never having lived near the town. They do so because I started regularly taking them to Reading games when they were 5 year olds. Their link with the club is far from tenuous and they have cried tears of joy and sorrow over the fortunes of the club.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 08 Aug 2019 10:38

Hendo
RoyalBlue
Old Man Andrews Thing is I'd get it if we'd signed Rooney or something. Everyone knows him, he's a legend of the game. The players we have signed nobody had heard of a couple of weeks ago. Yes be happy we have brought players in but to see middle aged men on Twitter wet themselves over these signings is crazy. Those same people who are saying it is the best day of their lives will be the same people who slag off the new signings the second they make a mistake too. I remember the excitement when Aluko signed for us and look how that turned out. We should be reserving judgement.

Anyone who had kept just half an eye on the U21 European Championships would have heard of Puscas.

Genuinely watched him and thought he'll do well in English football.

Didn't think for one minute it would be with us.

Laying aside financial concerns and the fact that you can never be sure with signings, it's a real coup for us. Also judging by his interview it was Gomes who really wanted him and was instrumental in persuading him to join which is a great start.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2019 10:45

Back in the 1960s how many Reading fans dreamed of Puskas, Moore and Pelé playing for the club?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Aug 2019 10:56

Hendo
RoyalBlue
Old Man Andrews Thing is I'd get it if we'd signed Rooney or something. Everyone knows him, he's a legend of the game. The players we have signed nobody had heard of a couple of weeks ago. Yes be happy we have brought players in but to see middle aged men on Twitter wet themselves over these signings is crazy. Those same people who are saying it is the best day of their lives will be the same people who slag off the new signings the second they make a mistake too. I remember the excitement when Aluko signed for us and look how that turned out. We should be reserving judgement.

He can't be that good.

George Puscas is only a 69 rated silver card on Fifa 19.

OUT from me. Terrible signing.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 08 Aug 2019 11:00

RoyalBlue
Hampshire Royal I could support Liverpool, Man C or Spurs if I wanted guaranteed success every season. How boring would that be? Supporting a club which you have no connection with just because they are successful.

I just don't understand the stupidity of supporting somewhere you've just arbitrarily chosen to be 'your' club. What do these people feel when these clubs win? "The club I arbitrarily chose to follow has won. Yippee." Yet I see people get so emotional about it, it doesn't make sense. I've always been a Liverpool fan, and I can pinpoint the exact moment on a school playground in Reading that happened: aged 5, my best mate said he supported Liverpool because they were one of the best at the time and as a 5 year old knowing nothing better I thought ok I'll do the same. And that's it. I've never even been to LIverpool FFS, know nothing about it other that it exists up north somewhere, they speak funny, are friendly, have curly hair and steal things, say "aright aright kam down" a lot and, erm.... Cilla Black? I still look out for their results now and then and if it's a case of them vs Man City winning the Prem I'd rather it's them. But that's all. I know LIverpool fans who've like me never been anywhere near the place who get so immensely emotional about it. Why!?

Reading is the town I was born in, where I had my first kiss, where I married, where my kids were born, where my parents married, where they conceived me, where I've lived pretty much all my life and I like to see my fellow townsfolk happy. Supporting Reading actually means something to me.

I understand that some people support other clubs because they have some sort of a link (family originally from there, dad from there etc) but it's relatively tenuous. If/when my kids move away I'll encourage them to support their local clubs too if they're into footy.

My kids support Reading, and always will, despite never having lived near the town. They do so because I started regularly taking them to Reading games when they were 5 year olds. Their link with the club is far from tenuous and they have cried tears of joy and sorrow over the fortunes of the club.

Im bringing my child up to support spurs because thats what my mrs family supports.

I don't want them growing up supporting reading and being teased for it. By the time he is 18 spurs may be good.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Aug 2019 11:07

RoyalBlue

Yeah that's fair especially when their dad is presumably a Reading man and they've actually gone to games! There are always exceptions and I can't list them all obviously. That's why I edited tenuous to "relatively tenuous" before posting, obviously harsh in cases such as yours. But I can literally count on one finger people I know who support Man Utd/City/Liverpool/Chelsea who have a reason as good as your children's.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Aug 2019 11:10

The Enfield Royal71

Im bringing my child up to support spurs because thats what my mrs family supports.

I don't want them growing up supporting reading and being teased for it. By the time he is 118 spurs may be good.

Corrected for you.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Aug 2019 11:32

WestYorksRoyal I loved his interview. Great enthusiasm and spoke fluent English which I didn't know. Should make settling in much easier.

What English words did he use that you didn't know?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Aug 2019 11:43

Sutekh Back in the 1960s how many Reading fans dreamed of Puskas, Moore and Pelé playing for the club?

is Jordi cruyff still hanging about?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2019 11:50

Maneki Neko
Sutekh Back in the 1960s how many Reading fans dreamed of Puskas, Moore and Pelé playing for the club?

is Jordi cruyff still hanging about?

We’ve offered Callum Best a deal apparantly and in what is admittedly a major cock up Mr Messy has been loaned to us by his publishers.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Aug 2019 12:26

Impressed by his first interview. Intelligent, eloquent and came across as genuinely determined and excited to be here.

Welcome to the club George

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Aug 2019 13:08

Greatwesternline
winchester_royal
Victor Meldrew Far too much worrying going on here about FFP and how good these signings will be.

Firstly FFP is something that the club is fully aware of and we have to trust Howe on this-it's not as if he is new, inexperienced or a bullshitter.

Can I just add a massive +1 to this. The number of people who’ve suddenly become experts in the intricacies of FPP and the football club’s finances is quite astonishing.

Scoff all you want. In the season 2018-19, Reading's total revenue was £17m. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053703/filing-history Page 9 of this years accounts.

We've just spent, if it is to be believed, £8m on one player. That's sheer madness. If we have so much money, why dont we have a manager who has achieved anything at any level in any football league anywhere in the world. Why didn't we re-sign the players who we loaned last season who were very successful.

If we have so much money why is our CB partnership still Moore and Miazga, and our CM partnership Rino and Swift. Much as it was last season for the second half of the year. I feel no different to a QPR fan when they spent much much more money than they could ever hope to generate. The only difference being, the basically bought a tried and tested PL player in every position. We havent done that. Happy to the voice of gloom, but we've spent the best part of an entire year's revenue on 4 new players, lets not even start to think about wages. And i dont personally think it will be sufficient to win the league, or come second. In which case, good bye RFC.

Thank you for demonstrating my point. You’re leaping to a load of conclusions based on nothing but hearsay and a complete lack of understanding of how football club accounting works.

If you’re going to worry about the accounting implications of every move the club makes going forwards you’re going to be a very miserable man. Football is all about escapism, enjoy the ambition the club is showing and allow yourself to dream a little. You’ll be much happier as a result.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 08 Aug 2019 13:17

winchester_royal
Greatwesternline
winchester_royal
Can I just add a massive +1 to this. The number of people who’ve suddenly become experts in the intricacies of FPP and the football club’s finances is quite astonishing.

Scoff all you want. In the season 2018-19, Reading's total revenue was £17m. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053703/filing-history Page 9 of this years accounts.

We've just spent, if it is to be believed, £8m on one player. That's sheer madness. If we have so much money, why dont we have a manager who has achieved anything at any level in any football league anywhere in the world. Why didn't we re-sign the players who we loaned last season who were very successful.

If we have so much money why is our CB partnership still Moore and Miazga, and our CM partnership Rino and Swift. Much as it was last season for the second half of the year. I feel no different to a QPR fan when they spent much much more money than they could ever hope to generate. The only difference being, the basically bought a tried and tested PL player in every position. We havent done that. Happy to the voice of gloom, but we've spent the best part of an entire year's revenue on 4 new players, lets not even start to think about wages. And i dont personally think it will be sufficient to win the league, or come second. In which case, good bye RFC.

Thank you for demonstrating my point. You’re leaping to a load of conclusions based on nothing but hearsay and a complete lack of understanding of how football club accounting works.

If you’re going to worry about the accounting implications of every move the club makes going forwards you’re going to be a very miserable man. Football is all about escapism, enjoy the ambition the club is showing and allow yourself to dream a little. You’ll be much happier as a result.

I have the understanding, i just dont want to see the club screwed, just like it was less than 2 months ago. Supposedly. Why is everyone happy with new expensive signings, when 2 months ago, they were berating those who signed Aluko. Its weird.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Aug 2019 13:20

Greatwesternline
winchester_royal
Greatwesternline

I have the understanding, i just dont want to see the club screwed, just like it was less than 2 months ago. Supposedly. Why is everyone happy with new expensive signings, when 2 months ago, they were berating those who signed Aluko. Its weird.

Please just try and enjoy the moment. If it all goes tits up we'll all be here for you

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 08 Aug 2019 13:26

Oilroyal
Greatwesternline
winchester_royal

Please just try and enjoy the moment. If it all goes tits up we'll all be here for you

Will do!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2019 13:28

Greatwesternline
winchester_royal
Greatwesternline

its not weird, they are completely different players. Joao and Puscas are a lot younger, a lot more potential and a lot more chance of a sell on fee. If we could have sold Aluko on - even at say a 2m loss, it wouldn't have been a major issue. Its the fact we are stuck with an ageing player, without a set position, on a huge contract that is the issue.

You also have to pay bigger fees for strikers, than random winger/ACM/number 10s, who we didn't need in the first place

Even in the worst case of Puscas being completely useless this year, we'd be able to sell back on for a reasonable fee somewhere based on his career so far. Joao as well probably.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 08 Aug 2019 16:47

Oilroyal
Greatwesternline
winchester_royal

Ummm, because Aluko is 7 million squid of shite.... or, rather, not very good.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 08 Aug 2019 17:55

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews As I exclusively revealed earlier the transfer is now confirmed. All the men in their 30's and 40's acting like children on social media can now calm down.

I think we have the worlds most embarrassing social media accounts.

'AnNoUnCe PuScAs So I cAn gO To BeD'

Utter embarrassing to even read.

May I direct the honourable gentleman to the hall of fame. In particular the double d/shawny farmer thread.

Their tweets are a lot less shameful than you have been

In other news: 107 is on this year!

213 posts