MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Nigel Adkins

265 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Nigel Adkins

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Aug 2019 17:25

retro royal Like to see us play 3 CB and push Yiadom and Richards further up, sure it would suit us better. Obviously switch the Goalkeeper.

^^^ Relying on Yiadom for width is costing us in defence

3 CBs all the way for me

Live Fast Dai Yongge

by Live Fast Dai Yongge » 10 Aug 2019 17:25

Was fully in the camp of thinking the Virginia criticism was a little harsh. However after today, I don't think I can stick to that view. The defending may have been poor, but to be beaten at the near post like that was poor quality and we cannot afford to risk dropping any more points for the sake of his personal development.

It might be early days, however Gomes could make a real statement with his decisions at this point. Let's see if he can stop us falling into an early season hole (personally I'm optimistic he'll stabilise us).

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Aug 2019 17:28

StellaPlease
Zip
Royalwaster
So who do you drop to put Morrison in for? Moore who was at fault for not marking his man for 2nd goal?

Moore has made a poor start to the season but won’t be dropped. I would play three centre backs against a physical Cardiff side.

I don't think you understand football. If we have no insurance Infront of the defence, they'll be opened up time and time again.

Poor from Gomes today, tactically.

He needs to learn away from home, and fast. Game was over after 20 mins.

Oh well, out in hull we go

Judging by the quality of your posts I know football a little better than you. We need to become hard to beat. If that means a defensive set up against Cardiff then so be it,
I would go 3/5/2

Felt91

by Felt91 » 10 Aug 2019 17:31

Boye sounded promising and joao and Puscas (along with meite) sounded to link well. Hopefully boye will form a good link with the first 2. Got ejaria to get into the team too. players still getting to know each other’s games and hopefully picking up some momentum like they did in the 2nd half.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Aug 2019 17:36

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal So, three days of training... throw in the new guys or not?

I'd maybe go with Joao because we don't really have an alternative player and he's used to the league plus match fit. But maybe introduce the other two and Boye against Wycombe.

Throw the whole lot in there, out with Barrett, Richards and the like.

Saturday was dire.

Love the fact you name check a player who was fine and we don't have a replacement for and a player who was a bit anonymous but still created our one goal.

Clueloless.

I man allowances for you, I really do. I know you have issues, I get it, but gee whizz you really are a pompous prat.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2019 17:39

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

Saturday was dire.

Love the fact you name check a player who was fine and we don't have a replacement for and a player who was a bit anonymous but still created our one goal.

Clueloless.

I man allowances for you, I really do. I know you have issues, I get it, but gee whizz you really are a pompous prat.

Well. He was correct wasnt he? Richard's was easily on of our better players against one of the toughest opponents he is likely to face in Bowen.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 10 Aug 2019 17:43

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

Saturday was dire.

Clueloless.

Don't bother replying. He never goes to games yet is the most opinionated prat and then starts hurtling abuse at people when he is found out as clueless.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 10 Aug 2019 17:53

John Madejski's Wallet
retro royal Like to see us play 3 CB and push Yiadom and Richards further up, sure it would suit us better. Obviously switch the Goalkeeper.

3 CBs all the way for me

Yep, given the players we have and their skill sets, I'd like to see it too. It would get Morrison on the park, and could also help offset the departure of Barrow's width.
Miazga isn't the same player as a left sided CB, and may do better in the middle of a 3, Morrison-Miazga-Moore.
Even if we stay as is, with 4 at the back, then think he needs to switch back to Miazga-Moore, as it was last season.
Early doors, but as an experiment, I've seen no discernible difference/improvement in Moore's passing (so far).

biff

by biff » 10 Aug 2019 18:55

Felt91 Boye sounded promising and joao and Puscas (along with meite) sounded to link well. Hopefully boye will form a good link with the first 2. Got ejaria to get into the team too. players still getting to know each other’s games and hopefully picking up some momentum like they did in the 2nd half.

Boye managed to beat 3 players on a 50 yard run, ending in a chance for Joao. He looks a real find.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2019 18:57

Denver Royal
John Madejski's Wallet

3 CBs all the way for me

Yep, given the players we have and their skill sets, I'd like to see it too. It would get Morrison on the park, and could also help offset the departure of Barrow's width.
Miazga isn't the same player as a left sided CB, and may do better in the middle of a 3, Morrison-Miazga-Moore.
Even if we stay as is, with 4 at the back, then think he needs to switch back to Miazga-Moore, as it was last season.
Early doors, but as an experiment, I've seen no discernible difference/improvement in Moore's passing (so far).

So what, something like this?

...........................Rafael
........Morrison, Miazga, Moore
Yiadom, Rinomhota, Pele, Richards
............Meite....................Boye
............................Joao

:?:

...........................Swift
...................Puscas...Joao

:?:

Don't really see how it fits in with all these attacking players we've just signed unless we open up the midfield completely, and it's protection the defence needs.

I'd prefer us to just stop asking our defenders to be attackers / playmakers first, defenders distant second.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2019 18:57

biff
Felt91 Boye sounded promising and joao and Puscas (along with meite) sounded to link well. Hopefully boye will form a good link with the first 2. Got ejaria to get into the team too. players still getting to know each other’s games and hopefully picking up some momentum like they did in the 2nd half.

Boye managed to beat 3 players on a 50 yard run, ending in a chance for Joao. He looks a real find.

But, and it's a big but, that run came from a counter attack where he was positioned centrally and slightly to the right. Not something he will easily replicate in general play. But I agree he looked good.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 10 Aug 2019 19:09

Was Boye coming off at half-time simply tactical or was he injured?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Aug 2019 20:02

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

Saturday was dire.

Clueloless.

Says the one who is himself a pompous prat!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Aug 2019 20:07

Zip Judging by the quality of your posts I know football a little better than you.

I know better than yaw! Jesus Christ, man, are you Harry Enfield? Loadsamoney, yeah, bitch!
:roll:

Don't know why I came back onto hob hob, full of moaners and negativity. Bye!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Aug 2019 20:10

SpaceCruiser
Zip Judging by the quality of your posts I know football a little better than you.

I know better than yaw! Jesus Christ, man, are you Harry Enfield? Loadsamoney, yeah, bitch!

Bye then.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 10 Aug 2019 20:10

morganb Was Boye coming off at half-time simply tactical or was he injured?

Be interesting to find out. Sounded like he was decent

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Aug 2019 20:21

SpaceCruiser

Oh thank f[u]ck for that.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 10 Aug 2019 20:33

SpaceCruiser

What an absolute bellend.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Aug 2019 20:39

SpaceCruiser
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Love the fact you name check a player who was fine and we don't have a replacement for and a player who was a bit anonymous but still created our one goal.

Clueloless.

Takes one to know one!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Aug 2019 22:23

SpaceCruiser
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Love the fact you name check a player who was fine and we don't have a replacement for and a player who was a bit anonymous but still created our one goal.

Clueloless.

Says the one who is himself a pompous prat!

Love you x

265 posts