The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

7490 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

by Notts Royal » 12 Aug 2019 22:36

Snowflake Royal Nova really should be getting game time with the first XI.

It’s an absolute disgrace in all honesty. Would fetch a few mill if we sold him - why he’s not involved tomorrow night is ridiculous. Either play the man or sell him for money. Same with Loader. Instead, we let them rot in the U23s and don’t make a return on them. Don’t care how good the new strikers are, it’s poor decision making

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 13 Aug 2019 06:36

Notts Royal
Snowflake Royal Nova really should be getting game time with the first XI.

It’s an absolute disgrace in all honesty. Would fetch a few mill if we sold him - why he’s not involved tomorrow night is ridiculous. Either play the man or sell him for money. Same with Loader. Instead, we let them rot in the U23s and don’t make a return on them. Don’t care how good the new strikers are, it’s poor decision making

Nova can feel a little bit hard done by but the goal posts have changed and the club have had to move forward accordingly. Gomes wants promotion, the owner wants promotion and by signing these extra guys the club will have a better chance of achieving that. I think the thing that's made it feel like a disservice to all the U23s from pre season is the fact we have only signed all these additional players so late in the window. Had they been here earlier expectations could have managed a lot smoother. I agree though for his sake and ours he is better off elsewhere. He will definitely have a good career.

As for Loader, I'm a bit mixed. The club had been trying since the latter end of the season to tie him up to a new deal but he wasn't interested. He seems to think he is better than he is. I actually believe Olise has more potential than Loader. But what I don't get is why the club did not sell. If Wolves were truly offering up to 8million with a sell on clause I would bite there hands off. He's not going to make the match day squad with Jimenez, Crutone and Pedro Neto way ahead of him. All of those guys have champions/europa league experience.

It also sounds like Loader's exclusion is a lot do with his reaction to the failed transfer to Wolves, as Gomes was alluding to giving Loader some space to think.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2019 06:45

LOL @ wanting promotion. We need to begin building something to get mid table this season and use it as a base to grow from next season.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 13 Aug 2019 07:03

Snowflake Royal LOL @ wanting promotion. We need to begin building something to get mid table this season and use it as a base to grow from next season.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... g-16687367

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2019 07:06

Ranty McRantface
Snowflake Royal LOL @ wanting promotion. We need to begin building something to get mid table this season and use it as a base to grow from next season.

This the transcript where he repeatedly says promotion isn't realistic for this squad and the pressure of it shouldn't be put on their shoulders?

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 13 Aug 2019 07:20

Snowflake Royal
Ranty McRantface

This the transcript where he repeatedly says promotion isn't realistic for this squad and the pressure of it shouldn't be put on their shoulders?

No. If you keep reading it he talks about the current squads expectations of a promotion being unrealistic but if they get he gets the players we wants later then its more realistic. Well, we signed Joao, Puscas, Ejaria, Pele and Rafael after that. I genuinely believe that is Gomes' goal now. Albeit I think he means Play Offs as opposed to a straight automatic slot.

Do I think we can do it though. No. Upper mid table is a our likely finish

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2019 08:02

Ranty McRantface
Snowflake Royal

No. If you keep reading it he talks about the current squads expectations of a promotion being unrealistic but if they get he gets the players we wants later then its more realistic. Well, we signed Joao, Puscas, Ejaria, Pele and Rafael after that. I genuinely believe that is Gomes' goal now. Albeit I think he means Play Offs as opposed to a straight automatic slot.

Do I think we can do it though. No. Upper mid table is a our likely finish

Well, I stand by my point that if he's trying to get us promoted this season he'll fail and in so doing is making an obvious mistake.

This season is the perfect opportunity to bring Nova through, and if he's not even on the bench against Wycombe it's a travesty.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Aug 2019 15:33

If you think we're bad at playing out from the back then check out our goals in the Newcastle game!

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 13 Aug 2019 16:42

Agreed Snowflake...long term growth over short-term gamble every time.

Fair enough the goalposts have shifted with the 2 new strikers looking a big step up. But the frustrating thing for me is Loader & Nova could probably fetch a good £5m in total but instead we’re happy to let them see out their contracts for nothing

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2019 18:12

Notts Royal

Agreed Snowflake...long term growth over short-term gamble every time.

Fair enough the goalposts have shifted with the 2 new strikers looking a big step up. But the frustrating thing for me is Loader & Nova could probably fetch a good £5m in total but instead we’re happy to let them see out their contracts for nothing

Loader I don't mind too much as he's had a chance and not really seized it. Though pulling out the sale for him to rot on the bench / in reserves then leave for a tribunal seems daft.

But Nova has done well on loan. He looked decent on tour. And yet he's barely been tried in the first team at all. I know players have to so it in training, but at least give him a chance to prove he's not up to it... it's not like he's done nothing to be worthy of a chance.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 13 Aug 2019 19:56

Platypuss If you think we're bad at playing out from the back then check out our goals in the Newcastle game!

My favourite bit was the NUFC CB berating his colleagues for giving the ball away for one of the early goals, then proceeding to so the exact same thing.

A good win but they looked woeful

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Aug 2019 12:07

U23`s in action again this evening at leigh sports village against Man Utd U23`s KO 7pm- i expect another strong side put out by the royals
The match is live on MUTV so might be on a you tube stream or http://cricfree.ws/mutv-live-stream and hopefully others.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Aug 2019 18:58

Team
Andersson
Burley
East
Holmes
Holsgrove
liddle
loader
Obita
odimayo
Olise
Watson

subs
Coleman
Collins
Medford- Smith
Nditi
Nevers
Can`t find a stream- Anyone ??

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Aug 2019 19:13

Man Utd 1 Royals 0 12 mins

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Aug 2019 19:36

Goal here https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n=sharebar
H-T 1-0
Obita played 58 mins tonight

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Aug 2019 20:38

2-0 76 mins
F-T 2-0

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Aug 2019 21:22

So interesting takes from that
- Loader and Olise probably not involved on Sunday
- no Barrett
- no Novacovic , so is he going to be involved on Sunday ?
Either of the above 2 could be replacements or cover if Boye is outstanding
- McLeary and Gunter not involved. To be honest I could understand not asking them to travel to Manchester on a Friday night
- no Howe, but Watson involved

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Aug 2019 21:50

Nameless So interesting takes from that
- no Barrett
- McLeary and Gunter not involved. To be honest I could understand not asking them to travel to Manchester on a Friday night

*McCleary

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Aug 2019 22:07

Another 58 minutes for Obita, building him up nicely.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 16 Aug 2019 23:11

Nameless So interesting takes from that
- no Barrett

No Osho again. Don't expect him to be in the first team on Sunday, so is he injured, "injured" or about to be loaned out.

7490 posts