BFTG - Cardiff

202 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by Millsy » 20 Aug 2019 18:15

I've often wondered what Roy Evans thought of Fowler when he tried to convince the ref Seaman didn't touch him when awarded the penalty.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 21 Aug 2019 08:28

2 world wars, 1 world cup A lucky win against a poor side.

Gomes - left out Rino??? Luckily it paid off for him.

Ref - gave everything our way, without him we might've struggled.

Rafael 3 - dodgy punches, not convincing in an easy game for him
Morrison, Miazga, Moore - 2 each. Some scary moments in defence, they almost scored from. In a 2 man defence would have been destroyed.
Pele - 3 - doesnt' really do much, did he touch the ball?
Ejaria 2 - a couple of good bits but looked uncomfortable made to shine by poor Cardiff midfield
Swift - 3, I suppose he got the goal but it was an easy finish other than that a bit meh
Richards - 2, I stand by my plea for him never to play for us again, ran the ball out of play
Yiadom 3 - made Gunter look good today
Jaoa 2 - what did he even do today? a striker who doesn't score
Puscas - ok he scored but not a single person has mentioned the 1v1 chance he screwed up

Subs - little impact. 2-3 each

Yeah we were lucky and made to look good but don't go thinking relgation is not on the cards because of this lucky win.

Still a win's a win at the end of the day, and the only downside was tripping over and knocking my head. Thankfully no damage done. At all.

Refreshing to see a post that is a bit more realistic ( a bit harsh though). Lets be honest we wont play a poorer side this season. I think we can finish around mid table or better. WBA will be more of a test, we wont get a result.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Aug 2019 13:17

karbota

Morrison, Miazga, Moore - 2 each. Some scary moments in defence, they almost scored from. In a 2 man defence would have been destroyed.
Ejaria 2 - a couple of good bits but looked uncomfortable made to shine by poor Cardiff midfield
Swift - 3, I suppose he got the goal but it was an easy finish other than that a bit meh
Richards - 2, I stand by my plea for him never to play for us again, ran the ball out of play
Puscas - ok he scored but not a single person has mentioned the 1v1 chance he screwed up

Yeah we were lucky and made to look good but don't go thinking relgation is not on the cards because of this lucky win.

Still a win's a win at the end of the day, and the only downside was tripping over and knocking my head. Thankfully no damage done. At all.

Lets be honest we wont play a poorer side this season.

Ha, you think Warnock has maybe run his course?
They were poor on the day, tho obv had something to do with us.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Aug 2019 13:23

Denver Royal
karbota

He is a footballing dinosaur... Can see him being gone at Christmas and will then retire.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 21 Aug 2019 13:27

Hendo
Denver Royal
karbota

He is a footballing dinosaur... Can see him being gone at Christmas and will then retire.

A footballing dinosaur that has a great number of promotions under his belt. The last of which was just over a year ago.

Dinosaur.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 21 Aug 2019 13:30

Depends on who they play and whether or not they can bully them into submission, there's not a lot of craft and guile on show from one of Colin's teams

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Aug 2019 13:33

StellaPlease
Hendo
Denver Royal Ha, you think Warnock has maybe run his course?

A footballing dinosaur that has a great number of promotions under his belt. The last of which was just over a year ago.

Dinosaur.

And how successful has he been with those clubs, after he has won promotion, to say The Premier League?

Dinosaur.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2019 13:50

If you still hate Futcher Depends on who they play and whether or not they can bully them into submission, there's not a lot of craft and guile on show from one of Colin's teams

Exactly. They have a style of play and the players to be successful in this division. They'll be top 10 at worst I reckon

They didn't cope with the fact we stood up to them physically and then out-footballed them as well. They clearly thought we'd crumble under a physical approach. The last 20 or so they looked utterly clueless and we could have easily scored another 3-4

However, there are plenty of other teams who they'll steamroller

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Aug 2019 18:17

karbota

Refreshing to see a post that is a bit more realistic ( a bit harsh though). Lets be honest we wont play a poorer side this season. I think we can finish around mid table or better. WBA will be more of a test, we wont get a result.

Whoosh or troll, can't figure out which.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Aug 2019 18:44

2 world wars, 1 world cup
karbota

I genuinely think s/he missed the joke.

Incidentally if Cardiff are "the worse side we'll meet this season" will they finish bottom?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Aug 2019 19:00

Snowball
karbota

Incidentally if Cardiff are "the worse side we'll meet this season" will they finish bottom?

Well, Hull were the worst side I saw us play last season and they finished comfortably in mid-table.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2019 19:01

tidus_mi2
Snowball

Well, Hull were the worst side I saw us play last season and they finished comfortably in mid-table.

Yeah, they were worse than us even!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Aug 2019 19:03

tidus_mi2
Snowball

The poster didn't say "poorest side I've seen"

S/he said "We won't play a poorer side"

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2019 19:07

Snowball
tidus_mi2
Snowball

The poster didn't say "poorest side I've seen"

S/he said "We won't play a poorer side"

We didn't play a poorer side than Hull. Who finished mid table.

Happy?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Aug 2019 19:16

After 46 games, the table doesn't lie

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2019 19:31

Snowball After 46 games, the table doesn't lie

It doesn't tell you which team has put in the worst performance. Just who is on aggregate the worst across 46 games.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Aug 2019 21:02

Snowflake Royal

It doesn't tell you which team has put in the worst performance. Just who is on aggregate the worst across 46 games.

Isn't that the oxf*rd definition of "the worst team"?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2019 21:03

Snowball
Snowflake Royal

The poster didn't say "the worst team"

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Aug 2019 13:41

Snowflake Royal
Snowball
Snowflake Royal It doesn't tell you which team has put in the worst performance. Just who is on aggregate the worst across 46 games.

I was responding to YOUR post = It doesn't tell you which team has put in the worst performance. Just who is on aggregate the worst across 46 games.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Aug 2019 14:07

Snowball
Snowflake Royal
Snowball

I was responding to YOUR post = It doesn't tell you which team has put in the worst performance. Just who is on aggregate the worst across 46 games.

Are neither of you at work? Losers.

202 posts