BFTG Huddersfield Away

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Huddersfield Away

by Millsy » 26 Aug 2019 00:11

Make no mistake. This is the real deal. We are a VERY good team.

On the face of it, played poorly first half, they tired, we won, sign of a good team etc etc

But the way I see it we came here with a plan. Let them have the ball and they'll tire out and do f**k all with it and totally demoralise as we have surely one of the best defences in the league. Really they did nothing with what seemed like 99% possession for 40mins. We totally contained and exhausted them.

Worked like a dream.

Second half, we start playing. Ejaria+swift. Everyone brilliant as usual. Nuff said.

Make no mistake this is a very very good team. Ejaria should be £20mill+ in a PL team. As should Puscas and , hell, most this team belongs in the PL and sooner or later it's where we're headed. That's what moved me to make my first bet ever after Cardiff of a top half finish.

Did I hear a cheeky "we are going up" from us?

Well sooner or later we are. Not been this excited in years. And no Stam didn't excite me in the slightest with the crap that got us up the table. Neither did McDermott's promotion tbh. If this team goes up I'll be excited. Great stuff. uRZZzzzz!!!!!!
Last edited by Millsy on 26 Aug 2019 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Aug 2019 00:16

I think we all need to calm down.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Aug 2019 00:20

leon I think we all need to calm down.

Yep. Way too early for all this promotion talk. It’s still August.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Aug 2019 01:06

Zip

Promotion?

I’m talking about avoiding relegation

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 26 Aug 2019 07:33

Zip

Yeah they battered us for the first 30 mins, and although they didn't get a shot on target they still had a couple of near misses. We looked knackered, should have started Rino to give some energy after a tough week.

Ovie great goal but basically anonymous for the rest of the game.

Am I the only one worried that Puscas looks a bit slow?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2019 07:37

Lower West
Jagermesiter1871
Lower West
Reading are hardly one of the big clubs...........

21,847 turned up on Saturday for the game. Seems as if they stick with their club through thick and thin.

Yeh we initially had good crowds for the season post relegation.

They've a far better history than us.

Are you a Leeds fan in disguise?

Yes, Huddersfield won some stuff a long time ago. They also hadn't managed an average attendance over 15,000 since 1972 before the season they beat us in the play off final.

That 6000 - 7000 extra fans they've found in the last three years won't hang around long if they get relegated again, or even if they stagnate in mid table Championship.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Aug 2019 11:25

Snowflake Royal
Lower West
Jagermesiter1871
Yeh we initially had good crowds for the season post relegation.

Yes, Huddersfield won some stuff a long time ago.

Ha Ha no I'm not.

What have we won recently?

With the way football is heading. A divide is going to open up. My concern is that we need to get the right side of it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2019 11:43

Lower West
Snowflake Royal
Lower West

Yes, Huddersfield won some stuff a long time ago.

Ha Ha no I'm not.

What have we won recently?

With the way football is heading. A divide is going to open up. My concern is that we need to get the right side of it.

As much as Huddersfield. Nothing major.

We have won the Championship twice, but I wouldn't count it as significant..

There have been divides for ages.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Aug 2019 13:18

lightning strikes
Zip

Yeah they battered us for the first 30 mins, and although they didn't get a shot on target they still had a couple of near misses. We looked knackered, should have started Rino to give some energy after a tough week.

Ovie great goal but basically anonymous for the rest of the game.

Am I the only one worried that Puscas looks a bit slow?

Possibly? I've never thought he looked slow. In fact there have been times when I thought he has shown a decent turn of pace. And even if he's not the quickest, he's got plenty of other weapons in his armoury as his goals against Cardiff showed.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 26 Aug 2019 13:50

Some of the comments on here :lol:

Noone is getting too excited but we are far far better than any team we have had in recent history.

Huddersfield didn't necessarily tire, they just ran out of ideas and we worked them out. They had to score in the first half but never really looked like it.

We are a team getting to know eachother and we will only get better. We would have lost that in the first half last season.

Puscas will be quality. He was making great runs but we weren't finding him, but we will as the understanding comes.

We'll batter some sides this season and be well clear of the drop.

This is a club we can be excited in again.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 26 Aug 2019 14:23

Disappointed to here Dick Habbin's overheard conversation on the way out but one ignorant lard arse I'm sure isn't representative of Udders fans generally. Thought they were a good bunch from my experience at Wembley.

Couple of points on their attendances, they have one of the cheapest season ticket prices in the football league never mind the Championship. Adults £249 in any stand, that's less than £11 a game. Yesterday they had a deal that for one stand it was £1 to get in. Little wonder the away teams have to subsidise this at £30 a ticket.

As someone else said, a couple of years of lower half Championship football will see their crowds back to c.12-13k. I know Hull still have their loony owner issues but look at how their crowds have dropped off even further this season.

Huddersfield as a club have had a much more illustrious past than us, this is a fact, but in the last 50 years their record is not massively different to our own in terms of what level they have been playing in.

I've got a lot of time for Huddersfield as a club and hope they can turn it around but as we know, if you don't do it while the sack of Premier League cash is still around it then becomes a case of wholesale cost cutting and just hanging in there for a few years and major rebuilding. Looking at their site there are the where has the Premier League cash gone type questions. I can answer that in two words, players wages.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Aug 2019 14:54

They did buy some crud when they were in the prem. The likes of Mounie and Pritchard were massively overpriced

Still they didn’t exactly do a Fulham and spend north of 100m in one season. I was certainly expecting them to do a bit more business than a few freebies this year. Wonder if they blew the budget on wages - spotted today that Swansea are paying Ayew 80k a week - that’s completely unsustainable in the Chump - maybe Udders are paying some similar

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Aug 2019 18:12

2 world wars, 1 world cup Make no mistake. This is the real deal. We are a VERY good team.

On the face of it, played poorly first half, they tired, we won, sign of a good team etc etc

But the way I see it we came here with a plan. Let them have the ball and they'll tire out and do f**k all with it and totally demoralise as we have surely one of the best defences in the league. Really they did nothing with what seemed like 99% possession for 40mins. We totally contained and exhausted them.

Worked like a dream.

Second half, we start playing. Ejaria+swift. Everyone brilliant as usual. Nuff said.

Make no mistake this is a very very good team. Ejaria should be £20mill+ in a PL team. As should Puscas and , hell, most this team belongs in the PL and sooner or later it's where we're headed. That's what moved me to make my first bet ever after Cardiff of a top half finish.

Did I hear a cheeky "we are going up" from us?

Well sooner or later we are. Not been this excited in years. And no Stam didn't excite me in the slightest with the crap that got us up the table. Neither did McDermott's promotion tbh. If this team goes up I'll be excited. Great stuff. uRZZzzzz!!!!!!

Fcuk me. :| :| :|

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Aug 2019 18:59

Hound
CountryRoyal
Hound Swift bossing it in the highlights. Looks a really good player this year, system is suiting him and Ovie perfectly

Swift was shocking for 80% of that game.

Don’t really care if he then sets up 2 goals as well as another 4 chances on top of that

You’re a difficult man to please CR :)

Hahaha. I just want to see players playing to their ability. I’m not deluded I don’t think we can play well every week but there was no knee jerking based on the display I saw - I was just being objective as I try to be all the time.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 26 Aug 2019 19:15

StellaPlease
oldebiscuit
Lower West Without being critical of any player that started today. Rinomhota should have been in the starting 11 with Pele. Boye spent a lot of the game defensively. As we had no ability to win the ball back. Formation was wrong. We invited pressure on ourselves. Allowing Huddersfield to press us back. Why on earth persevere with playing it out from the back as well. When there's no space and no outball.

PS. Boye is improving everytime I see him. Like Baker last season. He is going to grow in importance to this team. Just needs to get match fit.

Seems like you know more than Gomes. Why didn't you get the job?

No need for that at all. He is making a comment on how he sees it.

Well, the Manager set out the tactics in a very difficult game and got a great result, and then some one starts saying 'He should have done this and He should have done that'. That's what's unnecessary.
I sometimes think that some nobbers are just trying to impress with their own tactical nous and using this site to fantasize that they are coaches themselves.

Thats all.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Aug 2019 19:37

Isn’t that part of being of the fun of being a football fan - thinking you know better than someone who spends years of training to coach football, and then their entire life practising that?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Aug 2019 08:31

Hound Isn’t that part of being of the fun of being a football fan - thinking you know better than someone who spends years of training to coach football, and then their entire life practising that?
To be fair, based on the tactics and more importantly, results of some of the previous managers it's understandable to start thinking like that.

What we have to remember is, this manager actually seems to know what he's doing and doesn't seem to be blindly sticking to one way of playing even if it isn't giving results, he's also picked up issues we the fans have been aware of for quite some time and made changes e.g. goalkeeper signings.... so if he plays a system/gives instructions we're not sure about and we win 2-0, I'm not going to moan!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Aug 2019 10:21

Took us 9 games last season to reach 7 points (8 after 9 games actually) and that included some extremely winnable games, particularly at home.

5 games in and 7 points - I'll stick with the manager making whatever decisions he thinks fit, so far.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Aug 2019 11:17

For the first time in ages teams will be starting to worry about playing us, rather than looking forward to it. Leeds fixtures permitting, expect to see some more stupid kickoff times as Sky realise Reading FC 19/20 are an entertaining team to watch!

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 27 Aug 2019 12:35

RoyalBlue For the first time in ages teams will be starting to worry about playing us, rather than looking forward to it. Leeds fixtures permitting, expect to see some more stupid kickoff times as Sky realise Reading FC 19/20 are an entertaining team to watch!

I agree