MATCHWATCH : Plymouth Argyle (a) sponsored by Glen Little

178 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Plymouth Argyle (a) sponsored by Glen Little

by Lower West » 27 Aug 2019 21:58

Snowflake Royal Brilliant news for Barrett, Yak and Obita. Good to see Howe, Rino, Loader and Olise picking up minutes too.

Nigel and his wife must have been proud parents tonight. Winning debut.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 27 Aug 2019 22:03

windermereROYAL Only 3 league games in September, I would expect a much stronger side the next round.

Me too, especially if we draw Oxford. Don't take chances with that. Selection gamble tonight paid off. Senior subs and late goals got us through.

From Despair To Where?
    Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Aug 2019 22:06

For all the talk of 10 new signings stifling the academy graduates, there are a decent number proving that if you're good enough you'll get your chance. Howe, Richards, McIntyre, Rinomhota, Olise and Barrett. That's 6 players with the potential to form the nucleus of the team.

Lower West
    Hob Nob Subscriber
    Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Aug 2019 22:06

Let's hope for a decent "money" game. Home would be nice to Manchester United. Then charge them £50 a ticket.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 27 Aug 2019 22:10

Lower West
    Snowflake Royal Brilliant news for Barrett, Yak and Obita. Good to see Howe, Rino, Loader and Olise picking up minutes too.

He's Howe's nephew. :lol:

Hendo
    Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Aug 2019 22:11

StellaPlease
    Lower West

Ummm, no.

krapmle

by krapmle » 27 Aug 2019 22:11

Dellor said son and proud parents watching during commentary

Dick Habbin's hairdo
    Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 27 Aug 2019 22:12

Lower West Let's hope for a decent "money" game. Home would be nice to Manchester United. Then charge them £50 a ticket.

Nah, oxf*rd that. As Aldersh*t don't even qualify as they struggle at the bottom of whatever 'tinpot' league they're in at the moment, it has to be oxf*rd Oxford away..... :lol:

From Despair To Where?
    Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Aug 2019 22:12

StellaPlease
    Lower West

I think you'll find if you're talking footballing nephews in that family, Nigel Howe is Don Howe's nephew.

Hound
    Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2019 22:17

Now I don’t like criticising JLow nowadays as too easy a target but his rating of Boye isn’t the best:

Boye 5

Replaced Adam for the final 20 minutes. Made little impact.

(Other than the ‘assist’ for the penalty and starting the break for the fourth goal that is).

Zip
    Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2019 22:18

Fox Talbot
    windermereROYAL Only 3 league games in September, I would expect a much stronger side the next round.

Me too, especially if we draw Oxford. Don't take chances with that. Selection gamble tonight paid off. Senior subs and late goals got us through.

I couldn’t disagree more. We have some excellent young players who are getting very little game time. This is an excellent way of giving them experience in a competitive environment.
      They need it.

Lower West
      Hob Nob Subscriber
      Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Aug 2019 22:24

Zip
      Fox Talbot

I couldn’t disagree more. We have some excellent young players who are getting very little game time. This is an excellent way of giving them experience in a competitive environment.
        They need it.

After 3 tough games in six days some did looked jaded both Wednesday and Saturday. Lots of travelling too. A long trip to Plymouth wouldn't be ideal prep for Saturday. A fresh same starting 11 as finished on Saturday will cause Charlton all sorts of problems. I haven't looked forward to a game with such anticipation in a long time.

The Enfield Royal71
        Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 27 Aug 2019 22:26

StellaPlease
        Lower West

Wow. You really are clueless and know nothing :lol:

For somebody who claims to go to every game......
        Last edited by The Enfield Royal71 on 27 Aug 2019 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
        Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2019 22:32

Lower West
        Zip
        Fox Talbot

They need it.

After 3 tough games in six days some did looked jaded both Wednesday and Saturday. Lots of travelling too. A long trip to Plymouth wouldn't be ideal prep for Saturday. A fresh same starting 11 as finished on Saturday will cause Charlton all sorts of problems. I haven't looked forward to a game with such anticipation in a long time.

Nor me. We have so many options off the bench too. Win on Saturday and we may well be top six.

windermereROYAL
          Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Aug 2019 22:42

Zip
          Fox Talbot

They need it.

I said a stronger side not a full strength side. we can still play the kids but a good mixture of experience and youth.

Fox Talbot
            Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 27 Aug 2019 22:42

Zip
            Fox Talbot

They need it.

Yeah, great, there we are 0-3 at the Kassam, Mackie tearing Odimayo to shreds, 8,000 Oxford taking the piss, and you’ll still be swallowing the modern football mantra of process development project environment excellence.

Football supporter or HR minion? Some of us would like to beat our nearest and not so dearest when we get the chance and shout about it. Rude of me to say I know but I thought this was about winning games.

CountryRoyal
              Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Aug 2019 22:48

Hound Now I don’t like criticising JLow nowadays as too easy a target but his rating of Boye isn’t the best:

Boye 5

Replaced Adam for the final 20 minutes. Made little impact.

(Other than the ‘assist’ for the penalty and starting the break for the fourth goal that is).

:lol:

Boye was the catalyst for that win. He provided the quality that we had lacked up until he came on. Provided Barrett and Meite with a lot of service.

krapmle

by krapmle » 27 Aug 2019 22:54

nice touch Boye applauding Barretts 2nd goal

Zip
              Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2019 23:04

Fox Talbot
              Zip
              Fox Talbot

They need it.

Yeah, great, there we are 0-3 at the Kassam, Mackie tearing Odimayo to shreds, 8,000 Oxford taking the piss, and you’ll still be swallowing the modern football mantra of process development project environment excellence.

Football supporter or HR minion? Some of us would like to beat our nearest and not so dearest when we get the chance and shout about it. Rude of me to say I know but I thought this was about winning games.

Your glass really is half empty. This side would not be beaten 3-0 by Oxford United. If you had your way we would have been playing a strong side tonight meaning a lot of first team players would then have been playing their fifth game in thirteen days against Charlton. Madness.

Zip
                Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2019 23:07

windermereROYAL
                Zip
                Fox Talbot

They need it.

I said a stronger side not a full strength side. we can still play the kids but a good mixture of experience and youth.

It would still mean five games in thirteen days for some of those senior players.
                  There were players out there tonight like Obita, Rinomhota, Meite, Adam with plenty of experience with the likes of Boye, Morrison and Baldock coming on in the second half. We have a big squad. We need to use it.

178 posts