MATCHWATCH : Plymouth Argyle (a) sponsored by Glen Little

178 posts
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Plymouth Argyle (a) sponsored by Glen Little

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Aug 2019 23:11

CountryRoyal
Hound Now I don’t like criticising JLow nowadays as too easy a target but his rating of Boye isn’t the best:

Boye 5

Replaced Adam for the final 20 minutes. Made little impact.

(Other than the ‘assist’ for the penalty and starting the break for the fourth goal that is).

:lol:

Boye was the catalyst for that win. He provided the quality that we had lacked up until he came on. Provided Barrett and Meite with a lot of service.

X
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 27 Aug 2019 23:13, edited 2 times in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2019 23:11

Barrett’s second goal was an absolute belter.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2019 23:13

Woodcote Royal
CountryRoyal
Hound Now I don’t like criticising JLow nowadays as too easy a target but his rating of Boye isn’t the best:

Boye 5

(Other than the ‘assist’ for the penalty and starting the break for the fourth goal that is).

:lol:

Boye was the catalyst for that win. He provided the quality that we had lacked up until he came on. Provided Barrett and Meite with a lot of service.

It about winning the games that matter while progressing the club as a whole rather than pandering to the irrelevant 12 year old mentality of seeking bragging rights over the local twats up the road. HTH

Well quite. The selection was spot on tonight.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Aug 2019 23:25

Zip Barrett’s second goal was an absolute belter.

Agreed ... but not as good as the 2:1 for Leeds - ROFL

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Aug 2019 23:30

The Enfield Royal71

For somebody who claims to go to every game......

Must be the school holidays. Some people are just born t*ssers. In the morning ask your Mum to teach you some manners. Might help you get on in life.

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 27 Aug 2019 23:45

PremAddict
Aeroguide
Nameless
And what was your wife’s reaction when you suggested this itinerary for your dream holiday ?

Wife and Kids have never been to England before. We are doing all the sightseeing as well as taking in the football matches and the kids ( 1 Son, 2 daughters) have been bought up to be Reading fans...from a long distance. The Wife wanted to take in English culture..see where the Mayflower set sail from, go to English pubs, see Castles, quaint towns and villages...We have been here for 4 days now. My eldest daughter
is putting together a video of her whole experience which she wants to put on youtube. To put it bluntly the wife an kids are loving being in England. Anyway been told (by the wife) we have to leave for the game! Predictions....Wife...Plymouth 0 Royals (She loves that name!) 3
Son..Plymouth 1 Royals 3 ( looking forward to seeing Loader)...Eldest daughter.Plymouth 0 Royals 1, youngest daughter Plymouth 1 Royals 2
Daughters Reading shirts for the next matches....
My son wears my old Elm Park AutoTraders shirt...even though it's to big for him....

Hey AG: I visited and went to a match back in 2010. Will be interested in tips with managing a trip of that duration. Definitely jealous!

Has been a bit of a nightmare to get things together when we wanted to come to England and take in a few Reading games. Firstly, not knowing where or when Reading will be playing, even if it was in league 1, we were up for it. Even if it meant disappointment.
Myself, I am English, born and bred in Reading. Used to live in Caversham Heights. A season ticket holder at Elm Park
Emigrated to America and married a wonderful American woman, who loves everything English...even soccer as she calls it.
We usually stream Reading games at home...big family event

Wanted to keep the family away from the usual tourist places to see and feel real England. So we planned to start at the furthest west and South...low and behold, never expected Reading to be playing Plymouth, guess that was good luck and was able to get tickets online to be picked up at the home ground...thanks Sutekh..I owe you!!
The Plymouth game was the first time my family has ever seen a "live" English football match and being amongst Reading Fans with all the highs and lows, as opposed to watching a stream....they loved it!!...unfortunately my daughters have now fallen in love with Joss Barrett!
I think they will forget that when they see the full Reading side on Saturday.
Tomorrow staying at the Warren Inn on Dartmoor, then moving up to N.Devon to Hartland Quay..must visit Clovelly. then to Bristol all things Isambard Kingdom brunel, SS Great Britain etc.. then along the M4 to the Mad House and the Charlton game...Many thanks for the kind words UUUUURRRRRS!!!!

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 27 Aug 2019 23:48

Lower West
The Enfield Royal71

For somebody who claims to go to every game......

Must be the school holidays. Some people are just born t*ssers. In the morning ask your Mum to teach you some manners. Might help you get on in life.

Yes StellaPlease is a t*sser you are correct.

But Excuse me? That's rather uncalled for and rude. I haven't done anything not ever spoken to you. So I don't understand why me saying that somebody who claims to go to every game but doesn't know who Nigel Howes son is, is a clueless liar.

I've asked my mum and she tells you to do one.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 28 Aug 2019 00:09

Really enjoyable game, end-to-end stuff, and for a long time the result looked like it could go three ways.

Reading seemed a bit lethargic to me in the first half. But it turned out they paced themselves better than Argyle, who ran out of steam towards the end. The styles were a complete contrast, with Reading--Barrett excepted--doing little dribbling but relying on intricate threaded passes, and Argyle buzzing about like blue flies.

Barrett was my man of the match and not just for the goals--he was fast and incisive throughout.

Boye changed the game when he came on. Adam played one amazing prem pass to the right corner in the first half; but he never ran. By contrast, Boye drove forward every time he got it, causing mayhem in the Plymouth defence.

Did not feel I was watching a future first-teamer in Howe. He (and Osho) were repeatedly rinsed down his wing; and whenever he received the ball with space ahead of him he always pulled up and passed sideways or back. When he finally found himself with a chance to cross he overhit it by miles.

Olise's passing wasn't as sharp as I've seen it before. Rinomhota and Loader were a bit anonymous, but they worked hard.

Meite was Meite. He bombed about and never gave up. Good to see him prove his fitness by finally wearing down the Plymouth defence for his goals. (Certain penalty--he would have scored if he hadn't been brought down.)

Obita was good and looked fit. His flank was far more secure than Howe's, and he launched a terrific shot.

The goalie's height made him commanding in the air, but he was less agile going down, as for the pretty soft second Argyle goal.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 28 Aug 2019 06:11

Aeroguide
Nameless
Aeroguide
Started in in the West Country with the wife and kids...
plymouth first, followed by Charlton at the MadHouse Hotel
Then going up to the Middlesborough game.
Back to the MadHouse Hotel for the Blackburn game
Then to Wales for the Swansea game
Finally back to the Madhouse hotel for the Fulham game

Flying home on the 4th Oct

And what was your wife’s reaction when you suggested this itinerary for your dream holiday ?

Wife and Kids have never been to England before. We are doing all the sightseeing as well as taking in the football matches and the kids ( 1 Son, 2 daughters) have been bought up to be Reading fans...from a long distance. The Wife wanted to take in English culture..see where the Mayflower set sail from, go to English pubs, see Castles, quaint towns and villages...We have been here for 4 days now. My eldest daughter
is putting together a video of her whole experience which she wants to put on youtube. To put it bluntly the wife an kids are loving being in England. Anyway been told (by the wife) we have to leave for the game! Predictions....Wife...Plymouth 0 Royals (She loves that name!) 3
Son..Plymouth 1 Royals 3 ( looking forward to seeing Loader)...Eldest daughter.Plymouth 0 Royals 1, youngest daughter Plymouth 1 Royals 2
My son wears my old Elm Park AutoTraders shirt...even though it's to big for him....

Wow! I was joking when I said that you'd come over for the game. That's epic, well played man. And a great result as well. Hope the rest of the games are the same result :)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2019 07:00

facaldaqui Really enjoyable game, end-to-end stuff, and for a long time the result looked like it could go three ways.

Reading seemed a bit lethargic to me in the first half. But it turned out they paced themselves better than Argyle, who ran out of steam towards the end. The styles were a complete contrast, with Reading--Barrett excepted--doing little dribbling but relying on intricate threaded passes, and Argyle buzzing about like blue flies.

Barrett was my man of the match and not just for the goals--he was fast and incisive throughout.

Boye changed the game when he came on. Adam played one amazing prem pass to the right corner in the first half; but he never ran. By contrast, Boye drove forward every time he got it, causing mayhem in the Plymouth defence.

Did not feel I was watching a future first-teamer in Howe. He (and Osho) were repeatedly rinsed down his wing; and whenever he received the ball with space ahead of him he always pulled up and passed sideways or back. When he finally found himself with a chance to cross he overhit it by miles.

Olise's passing wasn't as sharp as I've seen it before. Rinomhota and Loader were a bit anonymous, but they worked hard.

Meite was Meite. He bombed about and never gave up. Good to see him prove his fitness by finally wearing down the Plymouth defence for his goals. (Certain penalty--he would have scored if he hadn't been brought down.)

Obita was good and looked fit. His flank was far more secure than Howe's, and he launched a terrific shot.

The goalie's height made him commanding in the air, but he was less agile going down, as for the pretty soft second Argyle goal.

Top report, thanks

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 28 Aug 2019 08:07

Aeroguide
PremAddict
Aeroguide

Hey AG: I visited and went to a match back in 2010. Will be interested in tips with managing a trip of that duration. Definitely jealous!

Has been a bit of a nightmare to get things together when we wanted to come to England and take in a few Reading games. Firstly, not knowing where or when Reading will be playing, even if it was in league 1, we were up for it. Even if it meant disappointment.
Myself, I am English, born and bred in Reading. Used to live in Caversham Heights. A season ticket holder at Elm Park
Emigrated to America and married a wonderful American woman, who loves everything English...even soccer as she calls it.

Wanted to keep the family away from the usual tourist places to see and feel real England. So we planned to start at the furthest west and South...low and behold, never expected Reading to be playing Plymouth, guess that was good luck and was able to get tickets online to be picked up at the home ground...thanks Sutekh..I owe you!!
The Plymouth game was the first time my family has ever seen a "live" English football match and being amongst Reading Fans with all the highs and lows, as opposed to watching a stream....they loved it!!...unfortunately my daughters have now fallen in love with Joss Barrett!
Tomorrow staying at the Warren Inn on Dartmoor, then moving up to N.Devon to Hartland Quay..must visit Clovelly. then to Bristol all things Isambard Kingdom brunel, SS Great Britain etc.. then along the M4 to the Mad House and the Charlton game...Many thanks for the kind words UUUUURRRRRS!!!!

You will love Hartland Quay.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Aug 2019 08:27

The hotel still have ancient warped floor-boards?

Used to stop there then fly by helicopter to Lundy Island.

Love Lundy BTW

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Aug 2019 08:37

Aeroguide
PremAddict
Aeroguide

I like Hartland and Clovelly is very pleasant. Enjoy the game on Saturday. It should be a decent crowd and a good atmosphere.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Aug 2019 09:38

StellaPlease
Lower West
Snowflake Royal Brilliant news for Barrett, Yak and Obita. Good to see Howe, Rino, Loader and Olise picking up minutes too.

Nigel and his wife must have been proud parents tonight. Winning debut.

He's Howe's nephew. :lol:

What an utter buffoon you are.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Aug 2019 09:52

Boye 5

Agreed.

Perhaps he was already on the train home by then! If so, he would join a very long list from his profession.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Aug 2019 09:53

paultheroyal
StellaPlease
Lower West

Nigel and his wife must have been proud parents tonight. Winning debut.

He's Howe's nephew. :lol:

What an utter buffoon you are.

He claims to go to all games yet doesn't know things like this :lol:

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 28 Aug 2019 17:45

Aeroguide
PremAddict
Aeroguide

Thanks for the detail. Sounds just fantastic that your family is so enthusiastic about your hometown club. Have a wonderful remainder of your trip and have a pint for all us stateside fans that can't be there in-person. :)

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 13 Sep 2019 17:04

PremAddict
Aeroguide
PremAddict

Thanks for the detail. Sounds just fantastic that your family is so enthusiastic about your hometown club. Have a wonderful remainder of your trip and have a pint for all us stateside fans that can't be there in-person. :)

Definitely.... :D :D :D

178 posts