202 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Charlton Athletic (h) sponsored by Dave Shipperley

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 17:38

URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71
URZZZZ
Sometimes it’s better not to post during a game/right after a game whilst emotions are raw because you end up posting rubbish. Only spoilt brats would boo the team off today and Charlton only played the same way we did last week against Huddersfield

You can see why Charlton are unbeaten. Good side. I think fans are entitled to boo however.

We pay and if we are not happy we can boo. You wouldn't accept steak in a restaurant half cooked.

Losing to a team 2nd in the league is not a disgrace. We’re an evolving team and there’s always the chance we’re going to have poor performances. Booing them off after 7 points in 3 games (including two difficult games) is ridiculous

Only thing I’d add is Pele doesn’t do it for me, and there seems to be a correlation between Moore playing on the right hand side of defence and us losing...

Didn't notice any booing. Anyone who did is the disgrace, not the team.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Aug 2019 17:40

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71
You can see why Charlton are unbeaten. Good side. I think fans are entitled to boo however.

We pay and if we are not happy we can boo. You wouldn't accept steak in a restaurant half cooked.

Losing to a team 2nd in the league is not a disgrace. We’re an evolving team and there’s always the chance we’re going to have poor performances. Booing them off after 7 points in 3 games (including two difficult games) is ridiculous

Only thing I’d add is Pele doesn’t do it for me, and there seems to be a correlation between Moore playing on the right hand side of defence and us losing...

Fans are entitled to boo.

Anybody who applauded another team is a disgrace

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Aug 2019 17:47

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Set me up with a VPN, buy me an IFollow video subscription and pay me £1000 and I'll stop going.

My record this season:
P2, W0, D0, L2, F1, A4, Pts 0.

Wooooo!!!! I love football.

Cant you sit in the opposition end or something? Maybe you can curse our visitors instead?

I'm already in the South.

Clearly that's not enough. Consider wearing opposition jerseys for future home games.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 17:54

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Cant you sit in the opposition end or something? Maybe you can curse our visitors instead?

I'm already in the South.

Clearly that's not enough. Consider wearing opposition jerseys for future home games.

I'll take it under advisment.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Aug 2019 17:56

Much like HNA? Reading games have the joy and fun sucked out of them whenever Ian is around.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Aug 2019 18:07

Enjoyed the game. On top first half. 2nd best 2nx half, couldnt get on the ball, Charlton looked very good.
Unlucky with 1st goal, not sure about the pen.
Oh well. Was a good effort

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Aug 2019 19:49

They way some of the Charlton players went down anyone would think they'd been a victim of their manager on a night out in Leeds.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Aug 2019 19:51

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71

At half time the players got a good round of applause. I walked out as our final attempt at goal flew wide and the ref then blew up. Didn’t hear any boos.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Aug 2019 19:55

Zip
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

At half time the players got a good round of applause. I walked out as our final attempt at goal flew wide and the ref then blew up. Didn’t hear any boos.

Wasn’t insinuating there was - was replying to the OP who said the team should have been booed off, followed by the usual suspect trying to argue the point

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Aug 2019 19:57

URZZZZ
Zip
Snowflake Royal Didn't notice any booing. Anyone who did is the disgrace, not the team.

Wasn’t insinuating there was - was replying to the OP who said the team should have been booed off, followed by the usual suspect trying to argue the point

No probs. I wasn’t suggesting you were. It was all a bit subdued from our support once they scored.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Aug 2019 20:12

Zip
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

You are a disgrace as a "fan". You left your seat before the final whistle. PLOLastic.

:wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Aug 2019 20:15

The Enfield Royal71
Zip
Snowflake Royal Didn't notice any booing. Anyone who did is the disgrace, not the team.

You are a disgrace as a "fan". You left your seat before the final whistle. PLOLastic.

:wink:

I was still in the stadium when the whistle blew though 8)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Aug 2019 20:19

sandman They way some of the Charlton players went down anyone would think they'd been a victim of their manager on a night out in Leeds.

Johnny Williams was particularly culpable in this respect. They must have gone down seven or eight times throughout the game. I can’t recall a single Reading player going down “injured”

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 20:58

Zip
sandman They way some of the Charlton players went down anyone would think they'd been a victim of their manager on a night out in Leeds.

Johnny Williams was particularly culpable in this respect. They must have gone down seven or eight times throughout the game. I can’t recall a single Reading player going down “injured”

They were usually too busy getting back up to start a ruck. Yiadom's got a decent Rugby tackle on him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Aug 2019 21:00

Snowflake Royal
Zip

They were usually too busy getting back up to start a ruck. Yiadom's got a decent Rugby tackle on him.

I couldn’t believe Yids wasn’t booked for that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2019 21:03

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

I couldn’t believe Yids wasn’t booked for that.

I think it was just the right side of too aggressive. Didn't hit him, just threw him off under provocation. Got a stern talking to.

elrey

by elrey » 01 Sep 2019 02:06

Snowball
elrey I think the thing here is about FOOTBALL.

Bury are part of what makes football in the UK. Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc are all part of the international jetsetting multi-billion pound industry that has taken over from real football.

You have Chinese people supporting these teams for christ's sake.

Bury are part of something different.

Go to Spain, within Spanish Spain everyone supports either Barca or Real with a few exceptions. I'd assume some are now supporting Atletico. When I lived there, there was one guy "in the family" (not my family) who supported them, everyone else supported Real when it suited them. The local club was on its knees. No one cared, no one went to watch them. It was only ever about Real and Barca. Local football was just a means to an end, ending up playing for Barca or Real.

Sad, very sad.

So you don't have to have a minutes silence for Bury, have one for the destruction of football.

Clubs have always gone bust. Owners (and to some extent, fans) have
to find ways to NOT go bust

Bury
Newport County
Rushden & Diamonds
Scarborough Town
Kettering
Darlington
New Brighton Tower
Bradford Park Avenue
Accrington
Accrington Stanley
Halifax Town
Wigan Borough
Stalybridge Celtic
Middleborough Ironopolis
Maidstone United
Leeds City
Darwin
Aldershot

There are as many clubs that fell out of the league system by relegation
or failure to be re-elected, and drifted off into near-obscurity

I was talking, yesterday, to a guy from Llanelli about the once big-deal club
who beat Spurs and once went through all the preliminary rounds and eventually to
the third round of the FA Cup.

It's life, things change

Yes, things change, it's life, yeah, you go and support the big clubs. Things change, Reading used to be good. Get real and be a Liverpool fan, until Man Citeh over take them in the league, then you can support them too.

Part of the issue here, aside from my sarcasm, is that the FA brought in this rule to stop idiot owners, and now there are two clubs who have spent the summer thinking they might not be there in a short while. Seems something isn't working. And you want to put so much pressure on the FA that they might actually have to fart in the next three weeks.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Sep 2019 06:50

elrey
Snowball

Bury are part of what makes football in the UK. Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc are all part of the international jetsetting multi-billion pound industry that has taken over from real football.

Go to Spain, within Spanish Spain everyone supports either Barca or Real with a few exceptions. I'd assume some are now supporting Atletico. When I lived there, there was one guy "in the family" (not my family) who supported them, everyone else supported Real when it suited them. The local club was on its knees. No one cared, no one went to watch them. It was only ever about Real and Barca. Local football was just a means to an end, ending up playing for Barca or Real.

Sad, very sad.

So you don't have to have a minutes silence for Bury, have one for the destruction of football.

Bury
Newport County
Rushden & Diamonds
Scarborough Town
Kettering
Darlington
New Brighton Tower
Bradford Park Avenue
Accrington
Accrington Stanley
Halifax Town
Wigan Borough
Stalybridge Celtic
Middleborough Ironopolis
Maidstone United
Leeds City
Darwin
Aldershot

who beat Spurs and once went through all the preliminary rounds and eventually to

It's life, things change

Yes, things change, it's life, yeah, you go and support the big clubs. Things change, Reading used to be good. Get real and be a Liverpool fan, until Man Citeh over take them in the league, then you can support them too.

Part of the issue here, aside from my sarcasm, is that the FA brought in this rule to stop idiot owners, and now there are two clubs who have spent the summer thinking they might not be there in a short while. Seems something isn't working. And you want to put so much pressure on the FA that they might actually have to fart in the next three weeks.

Remember, if a mismanaged club goes bust, or out of the leagues,
that makes room for a new club to come in

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 01 Sep 2019 09:58

elrey
Snowball

Sad, very sad.

Bury
Newport County
Rushden & Diamonds
Scarborough Town
Kettering
Darlington
New Brighton Tower
Bradford Park Avenue
Accrington
Accrington Stanley
Halifax Town
Wigan Borough
Stalybridge Celtic
Middleborough Ironopolis
Maidstone United
Leeds City
Darwin
Aldershot

It's life, things change

Still doesn't means we need to clap for a random club we have no affiliation to.

I actually saw some people clapping for them and standing up yesterday and told them very sternly If they want to applaud a different team then rescind their season tickets and get out the stadium because its Reading fans only. They quickly retreated with their tales between their legs.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 01 Sep 2019 09:59

Snowball
elrey
Snowball

Bury
Newport County
Rushden & Diamonds
Scarborough Town
Kettering
Darlington
New Brighton Tower
Bradford Park Avenue
Accrington
Accrington Stanley
Halifax Town
Wigan Borough
Stalybridge Celtic
Middleborough Ironopolis
Maidstone United
Leeds City
Darwin
Aldershot

It's life, things change

Remember, if a mismanaged club goes bust, or out of the leagues,
that makes room for a new club to come in

New club from NL managed properly (Maidenhead) > joke teams like Bury and Bolton

202 posts