Bristol City (A)

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Bristol City (A)

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Sep 2019 15:37

last season we were charged the least out of all clubs in the champ on average

80% of matches last season have standard adult tickets priced at £30 or under. However, that still leaves 20% (77 matches in total) that are more expensive
Some 33 matches had tickets priced between £35 and £40
The average cost of an away ticket stands at £27.04
The worst offenders are Leeds United who have charged visiting fans an average of £37.82 per ticket. Birmingham, meanwhile have charged £19.12
Leeds United fans are charged the most at £29.50 on average, followed by Sheffield United (£29.04). Reading are charged the least at £24.54.

Villa fans who bought a ticket for every away game will have spent £680.50 on tickets.

Leeds fans will have spent £669.50, Sheffield United fans £665.18 and West Brom fans £655.50.
Reading fans, meanwhile, will have spent £564.50.

Millwall fans will have spent £575.00, Ipswich fans £580.50 and Swansea fans £593.50.

Coincidentally, if the EFL set a cap of £30 per ticket then the cost of 23 away matches would work out at £690.

so to all of the moners and complainers its a bif fat :| from me

in addition, Birmingham City, meanwhile, charged fans the least with an average of £19.57 per ticket.
West Brom had the next cheapest tickets at £20.00 followed by Wigan at £22.87 and Rotherham at £23.18

we don't even make it into the top 4 for cheapest ticket on average to away fans. So this £20 is plenty we charge every club is a myth

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Sep 2019 16:02

WoodleyRoyal last season we were charged the least out of all clubs in the champ on average

80% of matches last season have standard adult tickets priced at £30 or under. However, that still leaves 20% (77 matches in total) that are more expensive
The worst offenders are Leeds United who have charged visiting fans an average of £37.82 per ticket. Birmingham, meanwhile have charged £19.12
Leeds United fans are charged the most at £29.50 on average, followed by Sheffield United (£29.04). Reading are charged the least at £24.54.

Villa fans who bought a ticket for every away game will have spent £680.50 on tickets.

Leeds fans will have spent £669.50, Sheffield United fans £665.18 and West Brom fans £655.50.

Millwall fans will have spent £575.00, Ipswich fans £580.50 and Swansea fans £593.50.

Coincidentally, if the EFL set a cap of £30 per ticket then the cost of 23 away matches would work out at £690.

in addition, Birmingham City, meanwhile, charged fans the least with an average of £19.57 per ticket.
West Brom had the next cheapest tickets at £20.00 followed by Wigan at £22.87 and Rotherham at £23.18

we don't even make it into the top 4 for cheapest ticket on average to away fans. So this £20 is plenty we charge every club is a myth

Out of interest i though i would have a look at how much we are actually charging away fans for the next couple of games -
From the Blackburn official site our next opponents at the Madejski

READING (A) - Saturday 21st September; 3pm
Adults: £32
Concessions: £30.50

:shock:

& From the fulham site
Adult
Away Games £25.00

so as we can see this agenda some of our fans have to beat the club with every stick they can find is getting somewhat tiresome. We are not 20 is plenty, in fact, we are charging the same amount to Blackburn fans as we are being charged for this game.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Sep 2019 16:13

WoodleyRoyal Out of interest i though i would have a look at how much we are actually charging away fans for the next couple of games -

Right that is complete rubbish - the prices you are reading there are for travel to the game you doughnut. The match tickets are £20 for their season ticket holders and £23 for non-season ticket holders. Blackburn will be making a markup of £3 each ticket sold to non-season ticket holders. Yet again complete drivel and poor posting from you.

Are mods able to put short-term bans on users out of interest? Almost like a sin bin system?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Sep 2019 16:19

John Smith
WoodleyRoyal Out of interest i though i would have a look at how much we are actually charging away fans for the next couple of games -

Right that is complete rubbish - the prices you are reading there are for travel to the game you doughnut. The match tickets are £20 for their season ticket holders and £23 for non-season ticket holders. Blackburn will be making a markup of £3 each ticket sold to non-season ticket holders.

This is correct and looking on the Fulham site, it is £25 but with an asterisk, which I would assume denotes a booking fee as their system is run by Ticketmaster.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Sep 2019 16:20

Yep hold my hands up I hadn’t read the article properly that was for travel :lol: . still all of the above that we were charged the least last Season out of every team in the championship. And not making the top 4 for the cheapest at our ground still proves we do not just £20 to everyone. And more to the point to be called out by you for drivel Bwahahaha have a look in the mirror! you are the joke of the team board. And btw we are still waiting for your write up on a game in the tilehurst end....

@ js btw not you hendo :D

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Sep 2019 17:11

As discussed previously (on more than one occasion) I haven't been to a game since Hull. When I do, you will be the first to know when SimFromBucks publishes my masterpiece.

edit: last game was Cardiff (h)

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 22 Sep 2019 17:34

I think it’s good that we only charge £20. It’s the right thing to do so f/ck what everyone else does.

If other clubs want to be c/nts let them. At the end of the day we’re all Football fans, if someone from somewhere else in the country has an enjoyable and slightly more economical day out because of our honest and moral pricing that should be something we should be proud of rather than criticising our club for.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Sep 2019 17:38

St Pauli I think it’s good that we only charge £20. It’s the right thing to do so f/ck what everyone else does.

If other clubs want to be c/nts let them. At the end of the day we’re all Football fans, if someone from somewhere else in the country has an enjoyable and slightly more economical day out because of our honest and moral pricing that should be something we should be proud of rather than criticising our club for.

Nah, f[u]ck that noise. Let's charge the bastards the earth like they do us.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 22 Sep 2019 18:00

sandman
St Pauli I think it’s good that we only charge £20. It’s the right thing to do so f/ck what everyone else does.

Nah, f[u]ck that noise. Let's charge the bastards the earth like they do us.

Why? Financially, it’ll make little difference, in fact we may earn more as bigger away crowds = more beer and food sales.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Sep 2019 18:03

Why not? These big clubs fans are going to come down here anyway whether we charge £20 or £40 and they'll still spend their money on food and drink.

Bleed them dry is what I say.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 22 Sep 2019 18:28

sandman Why not?

Because as a club we’ll be contributing to the destruction of football fan culture, all for a bit of loose change that’ll make no noticeable difference to club finances.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Sep 2019 18:30

St Pauli
sandman Why not?

Because as a club we’ll be contributing to the destruction of football fan culture, all for a bit of loose change that’ll make no noticeable difference to club finances.

And?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 22 Sep 2019 18:39

WoodleyRoyal last season we were charged the least out of all clubs in the champ on average

What's the source for this, please?

At a national level we're seen as the good guys in all this and I think there's going to be another effort to get Champ clubs to look at this again.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 22 Sep 2019 18:50

sandman
St Pauli
sandman Why not?

And?

Contributing to the destruction of football fan culture is a bad thing.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 22 Sep 2019 19:12

While I fully support 'Twenty is plenty' I'm also not apologetic for being a complete hypocrite in so far as we should competely bleed dry all the sheep who follow Billy Big Bollocks clubs.

Leeds, for example, should be charged 35 quid. They'll sell out their 2,400 or whatever they get - and still moan about not getting 4,000 odd and how many they'll have in the home end.

Equally, I'd also be happy to charge Brum and Baggies 15 quid for being so bloomin' reasonable.

Maybe we should have a fan poll each pre-season to decide which 6 clubs get charged 35 quid, those we would be happy to charge 15 quid and the rest can pay 20.

Seems fair enough to me. :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Sep 2019 19:40

St Pauli
sandman
St Pauli

And?

Why?

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 22 Sep 2019 20:08

sandman
St Pauli
sandman
And?

Why?

Because more expensive tickets=older fans, and older fans=more passive sedentary fans=death of the spontaneous and improvising ‘terrace’ culture’. And it’s that culture that makes football unique amongst spectator sports.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Sep 2019 20:15

St Pauli
sandman
St Pauli

Why?

Because more expensive tickets=older fans, and older fans=more passive sedentary fans=death of the spontaneous and improvising ‘terrace’ culture’. And it’s that culture that makes football unique amongst spectator sports.

We need that to give the youngsters something to aspire to. Too many of them are dressed in their Ben Sherman and Stone Island uniform, doing impersonations from a Danny Dyer hooligan film for my liking.

Get the prices higher so fewer oiks turn up or they decide to make themselves better people like the older fans.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Sep 2019 11:08

STAR Liaison

At a national level we're seen as the good guys in all this and I think there's going to be another effort to get Champ clubs to look at this again.

I actually got it from two sources http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/Champio ... -the-world & https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... p-16689129

The first article was published in feb 2019 some 3 quaters into the season and the 2nd article was published at the end of the season so is inclusive of all games.... so its from a mixture of both
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 23 Sep 2019 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Sep 2019 11:20

WoodleyRoyal
STAR Liaison

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... p-16689129

Ah. I think I see what you've done wrong here.