BFT ???????????????????????????????????????????

152 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFT ???????????????????????????????????????????

by Sutekh » 01 Oct 2019 21:02

Let’s see how long it takes for someone to get back tonight?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFT ???????????????????????????????????????????

by skipper » 01 Oct 2019 21:39

Just to let you all know, I'm out and won't be returning until this has all blown over.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 01 Oct 2019 21:45

Back in Sandhurst. Awful, gutless,clueless, the list could go on.
First time I've left a game early in 30 years.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 01 Oct 2019 21:56

El Diablo Back in Sandhurst. Awful, gutless,clueless, the list could go on.
First time I've left a game early in 30 years.

Plastic! And you missed a goal which, according to Dim, "will look very good on the highlights reel at the end of the season." :roll:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Oct 2019 21:56

Beyond embarrassing. Rafael did nothing wrong. Meite wasn't awful. The rest were a disgrace. Gomes out

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2019 21:58

URZZZZ Beyond embarrassing. Rafael did nothing wrong. Meite wasn't awful. The rest were a disgrace. Gomes out

Yep. No arguments there.

Pathetic excuse for a performance from start to finish. Embarrassingly easy for Fulham who neither played particularly well or tried particularly hard.

Suspect defeat to Brizzle and Gomes will be packing his bags

scumbag

by scumbag » 01 Oct 2019 21:59

Unacceptable.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 01 Oct 2019 22:05

A very rare "leave early" for me. Utter disgrace. Gomes.....utter disgrace.

Bad beyond belief. Gomes is, sadly, TOTALLY out of his depth. Not a clue what he is up to.

Bring in Houghton ASAP. That's our only chance of avoiding the drop.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Oct 2019 22:07

Very good second half performance, 1-1 with 10 men, defense solid. Never looked like losing. Roll on Bristol city!!

krapmle

by krapmle » 01 Oct 2019 22:10

nice one fine rain, where do you buy what you are taking?

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 01 Oct 2019 22:11

FiNeRaIn Very good second half performance, 1-1 with 10 men, defense solid. Never looked like losing. Roll on Bristol city!!

This. Now we only need to petition the league to allocate points based upon halves and not the entire match. :)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Oct 2019 22:27

Before we throw our toys out the pram tonight was one of those weird games. Swift's first red card ever totally screwed up the game. When are we going learn from rugby and introduce a sin bin rather than rendering a game totally pointless? Having said that we let ANOTHER stupid goal in while Swift was on and we'd have probably lost that anyway.

What REALLY pisses me of this:

I still maintain we have VERY good players. Why the f**k did Gomes completely change the formation and starting 11 again?

That week of glory got me thinking "right, this is why he got rid of wingers, this is the style he wanted, this is what he's been aiming for." 5-3-2, wingbacks, excellent.

Teams inevitably worked out how to best play against us. So instead of working out how to counteract that we decide to, erm, completely change shape!?

DEAR GOMES: there is NO such thing as a magic formation. There is NO formation that won't get exploited for its weaknesses in one way. When you find a formula that fits our players well and we get decent performances and results from, bloody well stick with it and learn how to counteract the opposition's response rather than just change it again. This isn't a game of rock-paper-scissors where you hope to choose shape that beats theirs. Stick with a formation, stick with a starting 11, and get them used to it and used to what to do when teams counteract it. Perhaps only allow one wing back to go up at a time or something so we're not left with three stretched at the back. Or SOMETHING. You're the manager, work it out FFS! You have NO excuse with the squad you have now. NONE.

Miazga is to me our best defender we've been missing massively, but he was on the bench. Joao and Puscas are our best striker pairing, but again we experiment with different front pairings (Meite did good, I like him, but we know what Joao and Puscas together can do).

Very disappointing.

krapmle

by krapmle » 01 Oct 2019 22:28

surely not childish name?

krapmle

by krapmle » 01 Oct 2019 22:30

barney are you calling for the managers head?

So therefore, you must have been watching Reading for close to 50 years. And you seriously believe that there are currently worrying signs ?? REALLY ??

yes I do as posted weeks ago. But I haven't done a 180 Barney

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2019 22:30

After seeing the replays, swifts red was very soft

We’d still have got hammered with 11 though. Fulham barely got into first gear, let alone out of it

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Oct 2019 22:31

2 world wars, 1 world cup Before we throw our toys out the pram tonight was one of those weird games. Swift's first red card ever totally screwed up the game. When are we going learn from rugby and introduce a sin bin rather than rendering a game totally pointless? Having said that we let ANOTHER stupid goal in while Swift was on and we'd have probably lost that anyway.

What REALLY pisses me of this:

I still maintain we have VERY good players. Why the f**k did Gomes completely change the formation and starting 11 again?

That week of glory got me thinking "right, this is why he got rid of wingers, this is the style he wanted, this is what he's been aiming for." 5-3-2, wingbacks, excellent.

Teams inevitably worked out how to best play against us. So instead of working out how to counteract that we decide to, erm, completely change shape!?

DEAR GOMES: there is NO such thing as a magic formation. There is NO formation that won't get exploited for its weaknesses in one way. When you find a formula that fits our players well and we get decent performances and results from, bloody well stick with it and learn how to counteract the opposition's response rather than just change it again. This isn't a game of rock-paper-scissors where you hope to choose shape that beats theirs. Stick with a formation, stick with a starting 11, and get them used to it and used to what to do when teams counteract it. Perhaps only allow one wing back to go up at a time or something so we're not left with three stretched at the back. Or SOMETHING. You're the manager, work it out FFS! You have NO excuse with the squad you have now. NONE.

Miazga is to me our best defender we've been missing massively, but he was on the bench. Joao and Puscas are our best striker pairing, but again we experiment with different front pairings (Meite did good, I like him, but we know what Joao and Puscas together can do).

Very disappointing.

This is it entirely. It seems the last 4/5 managers have always piddled about picking teams that counteract the opposition rather than building team that plays a particular way and letting the opposition worry about it. When did Sir Steve ever change the formation for a league game because of the opposition? Or is this what management is all about these days?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Oct 2019 22:37

Barney A very rare "leave early" for me. Utter disgrace. Gomes.....utter disgrace.

Bad beyond belief. Gomes is, sadly, TOTALLY out of his depth. Not a clue what he is up to.

Bring in Houghton ASAP. That's our only chance of avoiding the drop.

Not a bad shout. Except it’s Hughton.

Unless you did mean that Scottish Irishman who played one crap season with us.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 01 Oct 2019 22:50

Fulham's passing was crisp and neat, their movement off the ball excellent, and their niggly fouling and play acting unsurpassed.

Reading were slow, inaccurate, sloppy, weak, disorganised, lethargic, incompetent and naive.

I would include Puscas along with Rafael, Meite and Rihnamota (and maybe Yiadom) as being OK and having nothing to be ashamed of. Ejaria in fits and starts. Cannot think what has happened to Richards and Morrison who were both really poor.

Gomes has a very limited amount of time to turn this around, and Moore's defence of him in his BBRB interview was muted at best.

Very poor evening.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Oct 2019 22:54

Rafael - MOTM

Yiadom - he is a trier and credit for that. He is also quite limited. He’s poor doing forward and not great at defending. He needs to stick to defending and not play up the halfway
Moore - awful, 4th goal was a calamity. Too inconsistent
Morrison - poor
Richards - terrible. Knockaert is a quality winger though so fair enough

Rino - poor but one of the better players
Swift - idiot, cost us any lingering hope
Ejaria - hopeless. No defined position, no defined role. What are his strengths? Awful

Meite - tried. Nice finish. Deserves another go Saturday
Puscas - isolated but really bad
Barrett - deserved a start. Didn’t do enough but a difficult situation for him to play

Boye - ran around
Last edited by URZZZZ on 01 Oct 2019 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Oct 2019 22:54

Armadillo Roadkill Fulham's passing was crisp and neat, their movement off the ball excellent, and their niggly fouling and play acting unsurpassed.

Reading were slow, inaccurate, sloppy, weak, disorganised, lethargic, incompetent and naive.

I would include Puscas along with Rafael, Meite and Rihnamota (and maybe Yiadom) as being OK and having nothing to be ashamed of. Ejaria in fits and starts. Cannot think what has happened to Richards and Morrison who were both really poor.

Gomes has a very limited amount of time to turn this around, and Moore's defence of him in his BBRB interview was muted at best.

Very poor evening.

And a hungry, organized, in-form, competent, prolific, determined and adventurous Bristol City cannot wait to get their hands on this mess on Saturday! :lol:

Reading better keep their mouths humbly shut, slip into Ashton gate unnoticed, and hope Bristol City only deal them a minor defeat and rest.

152 posts