3%
Ian Royal
8%

Total votes: 202
Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next Manager

by Hampshire Royal » 10 Oct 2019 18:22

URZZZZ Hughes in talks with the owner today according to the one who broke the Gomes out story, his agent was at the training ground today

I'm going to go full conspiracy theory on this one: When it looked like we might do well this season, Bowen, as football director, advised Gomes to make changes to the team and formation, leading to his tenure being unsustainable. I don't know whether Hughes was aware of Bowen's (alleged) interference, but I'm pretty sure Bowen advised him to apply for the job.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Oct 2019 18:26

Hampshire Royal
URZZZZ Hughes in talks with the owner today according to the one who broke the Gomes out story, his agent was at the training ground today

I'm going to go full conspiracy theory on this one: When it looked like we might do well this season, Bowen, as football director, advised Gomes to make changes to the team and formation, leading to his tenure being unsustainable. I don't know whether Hughes was aware of Bowen's (alleged) interference, but I'm pretty sure Bowen advised him to apply for the job.

Big load of :| at that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Oct 2019 18:31

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
genome Never forget

What a git. :lol:

I've managed to get you added to the market on two separate occasions in the past. They're not going for it this time.
just refer them to the poll

:lol: btw

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 10 Oct 2019 18:31

Hampshire Royal

I’ll have whatever you’re on please. :P

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 10 Oct 2019 18:32

You reckon? Well that's your opinion, mine is different, of course.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Oct 2019 18:51

Hendo
Hampshire Royal

B+ for effort though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Oct 2019 18:52

Half our fans on Twitter would lap that theory up tbf. It’s probably already out there

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Oct 2019 19:35

Ascotexgunner
Hendo
Hampshire Royal

B+ for effort though.

Generous.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Oct 2019 23:18

just like to say I came back from an evening out to see Steve Clarke trending, and nearly had heart failure.

I hope they pick a manager quickly, I dont' think I can handle too much of this.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 11 Oct 2019 06:05

Jokanovic would be my call but not sure how he would take to being advised by Bowen, given the compared football management experience of both...

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 11 Oct 2019 08:58

Just throwing another random name in. Sol Campbell. Pulled off the great escape with Macclesfield who looked doomed for the National League. If you read his interview with the shit he had to cope with there he did an absolutely smashing job and certainly got the respect from the players.

Not saying he would be my number 1 choice but there is no harm in interviewing him to see what he could offer.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Oct 2019 08:59

Ranty McRantface Just throwing another random name in. Sol Campbell. Pulled off the great escape with Macclesfield who looked doomed for the National League. If you read his interview with the shit he had to cope with there he did an absolutely smashing job and certainly got the respect from the players.

Not saying he would be my number 1 choice but there is no harm in interviewing him to see what he could offer.

:| :| :| :| :|

Hate it when we are looking for a new manager, all sorts of silly people come out of the woodwork making dopey suggestions.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 11 Oct 2019 09:07

Old Man Andrews
Ranty McRantface Just throwing another random name in. Sol Campbell. Pulled off the great escape with Macclesfield who looked doomed for the National League. If you read his interview with the shit he had to cope with there he did an absolutely smashing job and certainly got the respect from the players.

Hate it when we are looking for a new manager, all sorts of silly people come out of the woodwork making dopey suggestions.

The only way his name would be anywhere near it is so the BAME quota for management interviews is met.

He would be an awful appointment. A big name like Zola or Scholes who cannot hack it at management level.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Oct 2019 09:10

great, DD is back. Have missed you.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 11 Oct 2019 09:11

Just to back up OMA -

Roy Keane's odds are shortening all the time as the race to become Reading's next manager hots up. (Reading Chronicle)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Oct 2019 09:20

Part of me really wants to see that. He would shit the players up that's for sure.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Oct 2019 09:22

Next name being linked in the media with shortening odds is a certain Roy Keane.....
Last edited by Sutekh on 11 Oct 2019 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Oct 2019 09:23

Old Man Andrews

I know, right? Some idiot keeps suggesting Gareth Ainsworth!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Oct 2019 09:25

Interesting that Bowen has gone right out very quickly. Hughes back to favourite.

Roy Keane? Maybe. Be a gamble but yeah there is a bit of me that would like to see it. It might work

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Oct 2019 09:25

genome
Old Man Andrews

I know, right? Some idiot keeps suggesting Gareth Ainsworth!

A proven Footbal League manager who has done an incredible job with average players? Yeah crazy suggestion........

606 posts