3%
Ian Royal
8%

Total votes: 202
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next Manager

by The Enfield Royal71 » 11 Oct 2019 11:29

It would never happen but I would love for Ingimarsson and Gunnarsson to be joint managers. Maybe with Kitson and Murty as coaches.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Oct 2019 11:38

The Enfield Royal71 It would never happen but I would love for Ingimarsson and Gunnarsson to be joint managers. Maybe with Kitson and Murty as coaches.

You are correct, this will never happen. Well done.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Oct 2019 11:40

paultheroyal
The Enfield Royal71 It would never happen but I would love for Ingimarsson and Gunnarsson to be joint managers. Maybe with Kitson and Murty as coaches.

You are correct, this will never happen. Well done.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 11 Oct 2019 11:57

Hasnt there been a bit of RoI / ManU 'previous' between O'Shea & Keane?!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Oct 2019 12:00

Keane would probably be ok for a short term fix, but can't seem him being a long term solution. Once the "Martin Allen effect" wears off we'll just end up back here this time next year, if not sooner. No one's gonna want to come here and play for a bully.

Hughes would probably be more of a happy medium, although he's apparently surprisingly quiet in the dressing room (according to Joey Barton who hates him). My main problem with him would be that's it's just another job for the boys, which I thought we'd be past once Gourlay fcuked off.

Hughton or Ainsworth I'd be happy with.

Other than that, fcuk knows.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Oct 2019 12:15

Pepe the Horseman Keane would probably be ok for a short term fix, but can't seem him being a long term solution. Once the "Martin Allen effect" wears off we'll just end up back here this time next year, if not sooner. No one's gonna want to come here and play for a bully.

Hughes would probably be more of a happy medium, although he's apparently surprisingly quiet in the dressing room (according to Joey Barton who hates him). My main problem with him would be that's it's just another job for the boys, which I thought we'd be past once Gourlay fcuked off.

So Hughes isn't so bad after all.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Oct 2019 12:44

What I want to see in our next manager is:

Management experience, with at least one example of improving a side over more than half a season. Preferably at Championship level or above (and by that I mean one of the top 10 - 12 leagues in Europe not the Portuguese second tier) or good experience in L1.

I'm open to an internal appointment of someone with lots of coaching experience with us, at U21 level, but probably not Marshall, whose caretaker reign was awful before. I'm not sure that person exists.

Managers with shit records (not Hughes), or who haven't had a job in the last season or two can feck right off. Especially if their career is currently talking utter drivel on TV, yes I'm looking at you Mr Hoddle.

I don't want a pcunt, I don't think that works for long. I'm not bothered by getting a nice guy, but if it's a nice guy they've got to actually be good, not just interview pleasantly and talk a good game.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Oct 2019 12:54

Cesare Prandelli sneaking into the betting now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Oct 2019 13:08

Snowflake Royal I don't want a pcunt, I don't think that works for long. I'm not bothered by getting a nice guy, but if it's a nice guy they've got to actually be good, not just interview pleasantly and talk a good game.

Was Sir Alex a pcunt in your view? I'd certainly argue he was

I imagine the likes of Keane and Hughes look after players and the team internally when they buy in to the approach

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Oct 2019 13:39

As per my other thread I now am beyond caring who we get with the names bandied about having good and bad stretches. I increasingly now believe it's more a case of circumstance/luck/momentum than anything else and we won't know what manager is going to be good until he comes. Just like Pardew, Stam, McDermott, Quin&Gooding, McGhee were unknowns who did very well for us in some way, so will almost anybody. Just mix it up a bit, get a bit of a change, a fresh look, whoever is in charge, doesn't matter. As long as they know something about football.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Oct 2019 15:06

Hound Was Sir Alex a pcunt in your view? I'd certainly argue he was

Actors are totally different people off screen.........

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Oct 2019 15:07

slightly surprised that Daniel Stendel hasn't got more of a mention actually. Would seemingly fit the bill fairly well - being available, good career record so far, but not being a massive shift from the Gomes type model

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Oct 2019 15:21

Hound slightly surprised that Daniel Stendel hasn't got more of a mention actually. Would seemingly fit the bill fairly well - being available, good career record so far, but not being a massive shift from the Gomes type model

Just don't see the club replacing a manager who they fired for having us in the Championship relegation zone with a manager who was fired for leaving his club in the Championship relegation zone.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Oct 2019 15:26

Stranded
Hound slightly surprised that Daniel Stendel hasn't got more of a mention actually. Would seemingly fit the bill fairly well - being available, good career record so far, but not being a massive shift from the Gomes type model

Just don't see the club replacing a manager who they fired for having us in the Championship relegation zone with a manager who was fired for leaving his club in the Championship relegation zone.

Correct. And so they shouldn't. Stendel is a failure and his name should in no way be linked to my club.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 11 Oct 2019 15:46

It is not the manager that is the issue.

It is the awful players we have and over-expensive underachievers.

It was not too long ago when we beat Cardiff we looked utterly incredible.

Regardless of what manager we have, we are a mediocre side and have been for a few years now. I am afraid that we are stuck in a cycle now.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Oct 2019 15:52

sandman
Pepe the Horseman Keane would probably be ok for a short term fix, but can't seem him being a long term solution. Once the "Martin Allen effect" wears off we'll just end up back here this time next year, if not sooner. No one's gonna want to come here and play for a bully.

So Hughes isn't so bad after all.

yep. if its bowen or keane I'm all aboard the hughes bandwagon.

please come back sparky! I didn't mean it!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Oct 2019 15:53

Stranded Cesare Prandelli sneaking into the betting now.

and instantly slagged off as a shit journeyman on twitter :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Oct 2019 15:55

Maneki Neko
Stranded Cesare Prandelli sneaking into the betting now.

and instantly slagged off as a shit journeyman on twitter :lol:

Can't see this has any legs tbh. Looks like he has basically been semi-retired since 2014. Slightly more concerned by the apparent enthusiasm for him from our Twitter friends

Getting to the full on bored stage of this now. Doesn't even seem to be a hint of us being near to appointing someone. Was sure we'd have someone lined up, but seems clearly not

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Oct 2019 16:06

Hound
Snowflake Royal I don't want a pcunt, I don't think that works for long. I'm not bothered by getting a nice guy, but if it's a nice guy they've got to actually be good, not just interview pleasantly and talk a good game.

I imagine the likes of Keane and Hughes look after players and the team internally when they buy in to the approach

No, not really. Firm and talented.

Keane is nasty piece of work and hasn't had a job in years

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Oct 2019 16:13

Snowflake Royal
Hound

No, not really. Firm and talented.

Keane is nasty piece of work and hasn't had a job in years

Well he has, hasn't he? Do you mean a full manager's job I assume. he has at least been heavily involved in the game still, including at the champ level last year

606 posts