BFTT - QPR (A)

142 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: BFTT

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 09:33

LWJ
NewCorkSeth
LWJ I'm sorry but you are a oxf*rd moron. It's violent conduct and will probably have a retrospective 3 game ban as the ref shouldn't have it in his post game report.

Source:
I'm a fully qualified ref.

Do you enjoy it?

Yeah, I do actually.

Feels like you make a difference at grassroots level giving players a better standard of ref than the typical Sunday league ones.

Refereeing is amazing, I do kids games at the weekends sometimes and it is genuinely the best place to watch a game from. The kids 99% of the time are respectful and well mannered and as a referee you can actually teach them a fair bit if you communicate with them correctly.

hughsies no.1

Re: BFTT - QPR (A)

by hughsies no.1 » 23 Oct 2019 09:39

Thoroughly enjoyed that last night, Proper game of football under the lights, good vocal away end and a good display against a team flying high in the league.

Solid performance, thought QPR only had one decent spell which was after we equalised until HT. Then second half I think they only had one shot on target which was their goal. Like Saturday, the league table positions to a neutral wouldn't have made sense.

Won't bother with the ratings, just a few observations:

Puscas - it is almost like we are going for a Vardy-esque approach with him, he has pace to burn and he kept looking for balls over the top or down the channels which resulted in his goal (which tbh he had to finish as his hold up play for their first goal was awful). He will improve and i think the Bowen style will suit his style rather than trying to play into his feet.

Ejaria - total magician and a joy to watch. All the pre-match talk was about the battle between him and Eze, he wiped the floor with him I thought, Eze spent most of the time on the floor. I thought QPR did do well to keep Ejaria quiet in the 2nd half though, had nowhere near as much time on the ball as the first half. The more we can get this boy on the ball the better.

Moore - long throws, two games we have seen this now. Quite like it tbh. Wonder where Bowen got that from?

Bowen - saying the right things, wants us to be feared, time will obviously tell but a very encouraging start I would say. May make a fair few Reading fans look a bit silly...

McCleary/ Baldock - full credit to both, both look sharp despite being three-months in to the season with basically zero first team football

Next 3 games - think anyone would take a point at Forest then two very winnable home games.

KDRF

by KDRF » 23 Oct 2019 09:41

Good point, we worked very hard and showed that grit we haven't seen in a long time. Shame about Miazga, more that he has shown he can be riled up than the fact he will probably get a ban now. As others are saying, it probably will be, however we know how inconsistent and rubbish the FA can be, so fingers crossed.

On a side note, with this obvious new style of playing whereby we try to get it up to the front guys as quickly as possible, I can't help but feel this suits Meite so much more and we will see him play a lot with one of Puscas/Boye/Baldock feeding off the scraps. Its not the style of play I particularly like but if its successful and pushes us up the league then so be it. Also feel that if we are having Swift and Ejaria (who was immense again) in the middle, Pele works better with them then Rino. Rino had a good game but is more box to box, whereas Pele will sit deeper and mark the space a bit more to snuff out attacks, leaving Swift and Ejaria to be more creative. Happy to be proven wrong as I love Rino as a player but wouldn't be surprised if we go down this route in future games.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2019 09:48

LWJ
NewCorkSeth
LWJ I'm sorry but you are a oxf*rd moron. It's violent conduct and will probably have a retrospective 3 game ban as the ref shouldn't have it in his post game report.

Source:

Do you enjoy it?

Yeah, I do actually.

Feels like you make a difference at grassroots level giving players a better standard of ref than the typical Sunday league ones.

Have you had to deal with much dissent?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Oct 2019 09:53

URZZZZ

Puscas is terribly slow.

Really?! Then that makes many of the defenders he plays against, including those last night, absolutely pedestrian. He was getting around the outside of the wide defenders for QPR both with and without the ball.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Oct 2019 09:54

LWJ
Jagermesiter1871 Anyone saying the Miagza incident was a clear red is an idiot.

I'm sorry but you are a oxf*rd moron. It's violent conduct and will probably have a retrospective 3 game ban as the ref shouldn't have it in his post game report.

Source:

That's scary if you are a fully qualified ref and you think a reaching arm push to the neck is a 3 match ban.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 09:55

Jagermesiter1871
LWJ

I'm sorry but you are a oxf*rd moron. It's violent conduct and will probably have a retrospective 3 game ban as the ref shouldn't have it in his post game report.

Source:

That's scary if you are a fully qualified ref and you think a reaching arm push to the neck is a 3 match ban.

Football isn't for you. Please pick another sport and another club to support. Cheers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Oct 2019 09:57

RoyalBlue
URZZZZ

Puscas is terribly slow.

Really?! Then that makes many of the defenders he plays against, including those last night, absolutely pedestrian. He was getting around the outside of the wide defenders for QPR both with and without the ball.

One of those players who looks quite slow but actually has decent pace

Needs to improve his hold up play considerably though

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Oct 2019 09:58

It's a slam dunk red card. Bit baffled how you could see it otherwise to be honest. Suspension incoming.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Oct 2019 10:00

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews Only bad thing to come out of the evening was Miazga now facing a 3 game ban. It was a clear strike to the head behind the ref's back, ban incoming.

Dont be a oxf*rd idiot.

Well it was and he will be banned. Get over it.

He may get banned but it was not in any shape or form a hard strike. He pushed his arm back to fend off their player who was coming back at him again. It was not a hard fend off and appeared to be into their players upper chest. However, playing for an Oscar their man went down clutching his face.

A stupid, whilst perhaps understandable, reaction from Miazga that probably will get him banned by the aholes at the FA.

His conduct in the second half argy bargy was far less excusable and Bowen needs to crack down on that. The commentators were saying that even if the ref had been made aware of the first half incident during half-time, he shouldn't use that to influence his decision over the second incident but many still would.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Oct 2019 10:00

genome It's a slam dunk red card. Bit baffled how you could see it otherwise to be honest. Suspension incoming.

If he’d actually hit him with his elbow I’d agree

As it is, think it’s borderline. Certainly be difficult to argue if he was banned though

Anyway it is what it is. Plenty of players to come in to replace him, but a shame as he’s prob our best CB

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 23 Oct 2019 10:01

Jagermesiter1871
LWJ

Source:

it's a swinging arm, off the ball and makes contact with the neck. It's violent conduct.

The fact that you are trying to justify anything else is scary. If anyone valued your opinion on this portal before, they sure as hell won't now.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Oct 2019 10:02

Hound
genome It's a slam dunk red card. Bit baffled how you could see it otherwise to be honest. Suspension incoming.

As it is, think it’s borderline. Certainly be difficult to argue if he was banned though

Anyway it is what it is. Plenty of players to come in to replace him, but a shame as he’s prob our best CB

Still intentional violent conduct though. Swinging for a player with your arm completely off the ball = nailed on red IMO.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Oct 2019 10:02

Oh snap LWJ

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Oct 2019 10:05

genome
Hound

Still intentional violent conduct though. Swinging for a player with your arm completely off the ball = nailed on red IMO.

Yeah maybe. Was provoked though, could argue he was trying to get free. Tbh struggling to care a great deal. Certainly not to the point of some others on here...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 10:11

Even if he hadn't made contact the intent to harm an opponent was clear and obvious. Just because we all support Reading it doesn't mean we can't be objective. Had this been the other way around the morons saying Miazga did nothing wrong would be up in arms about it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Oct 2019 10:14

Hound
RoyalBlue
URZZZZ

Puscas is terribly slow.

One of those players who looks quite slow but actually has decent pace

Needs to improve his hold up play considerably though

About minute 66, a QPR player passed to him about 40 yards away from goal and I’ve never seen someone move so slowly

Unless he’s one of those players who take a while to build his speed up because on numerous occasions this season, he’s been outpaced by pretty slow defenders

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Oct 2019 10:15

RoyalBlue
URZZZZ

Puscas is terribly slow.

So one poster says he is slow and another says he is quick which sums up fans-we all see different things.
Some seem to think Eze for them wasn't very good -my view was that he and Ejaria were streets ahead of everybody else on the pitch.

An enjoyable game and now having seen supposed contenders like Sheff Wed.,WBA, Preston and QPR I feel that this division will end up with promotion for Leeds plus whichever couple of teams are more consistent than the rest.

So for those who come on here after every home game to complain that the ref has been biased against us I suggest that they try to remember this game and Miazga and Yiadom incidents.

One criticism from last night-the long balls from Moore and Miazga were poor but Ejaria's pass to Puscas was perfect so although we don't want to revert to too much tippy tappy please let the defenders defend and give the ball to those that can pass as quickly as possible.
I feel tired just watching Andy Yiadom-if only he could cross a ball.

Am not sure why Baldock got MOM when he missed such a great chance in the first half and couldn't miss from a yard out but I presume much of what he did could be appreciated more by being there than watching on TV.

I don't get over-excited that much when it comes to football but ,as they often say on TV, "I would pay good money" to watch Ejaria (as I do) and haven't been so excited about one of our midfielders since the days of Super Simon Osborn.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Oct 2019 10:15

It was a red card offence and we will be very lucky if he doesn't get a retrospective ban.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Oct 2019 10:16

Can we stop talking about Miazga now?

So many more interesting aspects to the game

142 posts