BFTT - QPR (A)

142 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTT - QPR (A)

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2019 16:58

Basildon Sky enjoyed the game so much they've decided to show the reverse fixture on boxing day as well!

19.30 kick off while I`m tucking into my turkey curry, great idea.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2019 17:00

John Madejski's Wallet Enjoyable game and the first half gives good confidence that we'll be ok. Nice to see fast, fluid attacking from all areas

Only downside was sitting in the pub and occasionally getting confused as to which team was which :oops:

I`m with you on that one, got confused a few times too.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Oct 2019 17:15

John Madejski's Wallet Enjoyable game and the first half gives good confidence that we'll be ok. Nice to see fast, fluid attacking from all areas

Only downside was sitting in the pub and occasionally getting confused as to which team was which :oops:

How on earth could you be confused when have Ejaria, a lanky black chap with short mop like dreads. Quite distinctive.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Oct 2019 17:33

2 world wars, 1 world cup
paultheroyal A lot of fair and positive comments about us last night from QPR fans. Some very surprised (like us all) with current league position and dont see us being down there much longer. The real evident comment though was how good Ejaria is.

Could of quoted loads but you can have this...

Number 14 they’ve got on loan from Liverpool was brilliant. Just brilliant. What a player he looks - great for England.

I do hope its a done deal that he is staying come end of the season.

Yeah that still keeps me up at night.

Also that he may play for Nigeria instead of us...

Think he'll be our's alright, but for how long? :|

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Oct 2019 17:49

Basildon Sky enjoyed the game so much they've decided to show the reverse fixture on boxing day as well!

FFS! Gonna have to miss it now :evil:

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 23 Oct 2019 18:27

Old Man Andrews Puscas isn't slow by any means, just don't think he has a great engine on him so can't maintain his pace over a 90 minute period. Did he look slow when he sprinted away from the QPR defence to score? Nope.

As with most forwards, I think that his pace is relative to the circumstance/incentive.
Ball played for him to run on to in a foot race with CB or he loses the ball in the opposition half and has an incentive chase back to stop a counter attack and he's quite quick
Aimless ball played forward and picked up by opposition player and he doesn't put in anywhere near as much effort

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTT

by PremAddict » 23 Oct 2019 18:28

Royality creeps In Just back

Surprised to see a comment about Miazga. Didn't see the incident myself, presume it must have been at the fakies end.
He was probably pissed off with the lack of support from the ref, who gave the fakes everything all night. The ironic cheers when we actually got a decision tells you all you need to know.

Didn't see it either - not sure if the broadcast I was watching caught it. But I was shocked when they splashed the fouls stat where we had, I think 11 to their 0. Pretty lopsided.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 23 Oct 2019 18:58

windermereROYAL

Funny! Same thing. Constantly asking myself "who the F#$% is that?" only to remember we weren't the ones in hoops.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Oct 2019 21:21

PremAddict
windermereROYAL

Funny! Same thing. Constantly asking myself "who the F#$% is that?" only to remember we weren't the ones in hoops.

Their hoops are very similar to our usual ones. Normally their hoops tend to be narrower than ours. Thought how much their kit looked like one of ours when we were sponsored by Waitrose

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Oct 2019 22:21

windermereROYAL
Simon's Church Puscas weirdly reminds me of Hope Akpan, occasional moments of real quality mixed among mostly looking like a non league player.

You don`t like him, fair enough, but don`t talk a load of shit,, slightly better than your hero i would say.

He reminds me more of Hopeless Rakels, no quality and goes over too easy.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Oct 2019 08:49

karbota
windermereROYAL
Simon's Church Puscas weirdly reminds me of Hope Akpan, occasional moments of real quality mixed among mostly looking like a non league player.

You don`t like him, fair enough, but don`t talk a load of shit,, slightly better than your hero i would say.

How many goals did Rakels score? Puscas has 4 already. I think he'll go on to be an excellent signing. He makes good runs in behind, he gambles and gets across his man when crosses come in. He's got in so many goalscoring positions, so hopefully he can kick on now he's got his goal against QPR.

I'm not convinced how well he would work as a lone striker; I don't think his hold up play is great and it may take away from his licence to be a poacher. But alongside Baldock, Meite of Joao I think he'll get 15 or so this season.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 24 Oct 2019 08:53

WestYorksRoyal
karbota
windermereROYAL

How many goals did Rakels score? Puscas has 4 already. I think he'll go on to be an excellent signing. He makes good runs in behind, he gambles and gets across his man when crosses come in. He's got in so many goalscoring positions, so hopefully he can kick on now he's got his goal against QPR.

I'm not convinced how well he would work as a lone striker; I don't think his hold up play is great and it may take away from his licence to be a poacher. But alongside Baldock, Meite of Joao I think he'll get 15 or so this season.

I'll stick my neck out that injuries aside he'll end up with at least 15 goals come the end of the season.

It may well be that if we'd signed Oliveira the we wouldn't have got Puscas (although it's more likely that Joao would be the one we didn't splash out on) but a combination of Oliveira pulling defenders over the pitch and Puscas exploiting the space would be very hard to handle at this level.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 24 Oct 2019 09:09

Ironically*, at this stage, the league scoring records of Rakels and Puscas are almost identical - 3 goals in a shade over 10 games.

While I thought Rakels probably could have done a decent job if he hadn't been injured and we hadn't kept changing manager, I totally agree with Vision here.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2019 09:15

Rakels looked quite good under BM. Was pretty much the only high spot that second half of the season

Was a shame he picked up that nasty injury.

Still fancy Puscas will improve quite a bit from here. Thought him and Baldock looked a good partnership

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Oct 2019 10:01

Puscas and Baldock could be the new Lovell/Nogan partnership.

No big man, but with good understanding and movement between them they were highly effective. Puscas and Baldock look like they can develop a real partnership together.

Lovell/Nogan also operated in Quinn and Goodings 3-5-2 formation.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2019 10:06

Top Flight Puscas and Baldock could be the new Lovell/Nogan partnership.

No big man, but with good understanding and movement between them they were highly effective. Puscas and Baldock look like they can develop a real partnership together.

Lovell/Nogan also operated in Quinn and Goodings 3-5-2 formation.

Calm down, they have only played one game together. Why do our supporters always get so carried away and stuck on past players/past glories?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Oct 2019 10:10

I said could be.

They showed strong potential to form a good partnership.

I used the Lovell / Nogan comparison because two small guys can be very effective together.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2019 10:17

Puscas is pretty big though. 6ft1 or 2 I reckon

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2019 10:22

Hound Puscas is pretty big though. 6ft1 or 2 I reckon

Yep, he isn't small at all. He is going to be a big hit here I think. I have worries about his stamina and longevitiy over a 46 game season based on what I have seen so far. He doesn't look like the most naturally fit player on the planet.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Oct 2019 10:41

Hound Puscas is pretty big though. 6ft1 or 2 I reckon

It`s noticable he comes back at set peices to defend the near post and first ball, if he was 5 foot something that would be foolish.

142 posts