Fans Forum with Mark Bowen Oct 29

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Fans Forum with Mark Bowen Oct 29

by STAR Liaison » 22 Oct 2019 08:01

STAR welcomes new manager Mark Bowen to the second Fans Forum of the season.

It takes place Tuesday 29 October at 8pm in the Princess Suite Madejski Stadium.

Entry free, pay bar, STAR membership required, you can join STAR at the door from 7.30pm.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Fans Forum with Mark Bowen Oct 29

by Forbury Lion » 22 Oct 2019 08:16

I assume inflatable snakes are banned from this event? (asking on behalf of the "fan" seen running away from stewards with one under his arm at the Preston game)

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 22 Oct 2019 08:56

We have policies on most things but not, as far as I’m aware, inflatable snakes.

There’s a link to the event which will allow you to reserve a spot and send in questions.

It’s https://www.facebook.com/events/740041799753687/

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2019 13:36

STAR Liaison We have policies on most things but not, as far as I’m aware, inflatable snakes.

There’s a link to the event which will allow you to reserve a spot and send in questions.

It’s https://www.facebook.com/events/740041799753687/

This smacks of organisation ;)

How long do you anticipate the event running? Single hour session?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Oct 2019 09:11

Anyone go to this?

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 30 Oct 2019 10:09

URZZZZ Anyone go to this?

Yup it was very informative

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Oct 2019 10:17

This is that thing 'don't talk about Fight Club', isn't it, where STAR insist that if comments at the forum were more widely shared (than to a collection of ordinary Reading fans) then all hell would break loose.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 30 Oct 2019 10:21

Sanguine This is that thing 'don't talk about Fight Club', isn't it, where STAR insist that if comments at the forum were more widely shared (than to a collection of ordinary Reading fans) then all hell would break loose.

I think they are doing a write up themselves. They do ask no recording no journalists at the beginning. It was all recorded by the club I think..in any case there was a camera at the back not sure if that will see the light of day though . I can see the reasoning behind it I thought Bowen came across as very honest and open and didn't try to avoid any questions or hide anything.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 Oct 2019 10:37

Seen a few pics and comments on social media saying how impressive Bowen was.

These are the same people who were DISGUSTED at his appointment, moaned about how he SHAFTED Gomes and that they didn't want ANYTHING to do with the club from now on. I saw one particular selfie from someone who was very vocal on Twitter :roll:

Reading fans :roll: :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Oct 2019 12:52

Zammo Seen a few pics and comments on social media saying how impressive Bowen was.

These are the same people who were DISGUSTED at his appointment, moaned about how he SHAFTED Gomes and that they didn't want ANYTHING to do with the club from now on. I saw one particular selfie from someone who was very vocal on Twitter :roll:

Did you expect anything else? :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Oct 2019 14:40

Hendo
Zammo Seen a few pics and comments on social media saying how impressive Bowen was.

He's unbeaten in 2 games so is now clearly the Second Coming.

He came across as level headed and honest when he was a consultant and DoF. I see no reason for this to change now he's manager. I think he's the "safe" appointment we've been crying out for for the past 5 years. Decent grounding in management/coaching with a no nonsense, get the basics right first approach.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Oct 2019 15:20

From Despair To Where?
Hendo

He came across as level headed and honest when he was a consultant and DoF. I see no reason for this to change now he's manager. I think he's the "safe" appointment we've been crying out for for the past 5 years. Decent grounding in management/coaching with a no nonsense, get the basics right first approach.

You just wait for their reactions then if we get a couple of losses in a row

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Oct 2019 16:13

From Despair To Where?
Hendo

If we avoid defeat against Millwall is he the Third Coming ?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Oct 2019 17:08

Franchise FC
From Despair To Where?
Hendo

If we lose, he'll be the antichrist.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Oct 2019 17:28

From Despair To Where?
Franchise FC
From Despair To Where?

If we lose, he'll be the antichrist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 30 Oct 2019 17:40

Bigtimmeh
Sanguine This is that thing 'don't talk about Fight Club', isn't it, where STAR insist that if comments at the forum were more widely shared (than to a collection of ordinary Reading fans) then all hell would break loose.

I think they are doing a write up themselves. They do ask no recording no journalists at the beginning. It was all recorded by the club I think..in any case there was a camera at the back not sure if that will see the light of day though . I can see the reasoning behind it I thought Bowen came across as very honest and open and didn't try to avoid any questions or hide anything.

There's a "highlights package" (all text) on the STAR website and possibly on STAR Facebook too.

I expect there will be a few video clips on both club and STAR media too by tomorrow.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 31 Oct 2019 00:15

https://star-reading.org/news/star-fans ... tober-2019

Only a snippet, but some good points made. He’s saying everything that I’d like to see from this team.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Oct 2019 09:05

yeah comes over well. Find myself agreeing with nearly everything he says tbh. Like the bit about Baldock communicating, something I've banged on about for a while. Reckon he'll get a good run in the team from the sound of it.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Nov 2019 14:19

I think the lack of transparency from STAR in matters such as these is highly worrying and smacks of a disconnect between fans and the club. First we have Club 1871 on their pedestal because they've been given a special area to play in and then we have STAR who are allowed to shut off the remaining fanbase and put their own spin on very important conversations with the higher management. The whole thing is rotten to the core and needs to go.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Nov 2019 15:21

John Smith

I think the lack of transparency from STAR in matters such as these is highly worrying and smacks of a disconnect between fans and the club. First we have Club 1871 on their pedestal because they've been given a special area to play in and then we have STAR who are allowed to shut off the remaining fanbase and put their own spin on very important conversations with the higher management. The whole thing is rotten to the core and needs to go.

Can you go?