Fans Forum with Mark Bowen Oct 29

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Fans Forum with Mark Bowen Oct 29

by Stranded » 01 Nov 2019 15:27

John Smith
Sanguine This is that thing 'don't talk about Fight Club', isn't it, where STAR insist that if comments at the forum were more widely shared (than to a collection of ordinary Reading fans) then all hell would break loose.

I think the lack of transparency from STAR in matters such as these is highly worrying and smacks of a disconnect between fans and the club. First we have Club 1871 on their pedestal because they've been given a special area to play in and then we have STAR who are allowed to shut off the remaining fanbase and put their own spin on very important conversations with the higher management. The whole thing is rotten to the core and needs to go.

Or you could join - put yourself up for election to the board and look to implement the changes you think need to made.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Nov 2019 15:41

Jagermesiter1871
John Smith
Sanguine This is that thing 'don't talk about Fight Club', isn't it, where STAR insist that if comments at the forum were more widely shared (than to a collection of ordinary Reading fans) then all hell would break loose.

I think the lack of transparency from STAR in matters such as these is highly worrying and smacks of a disconnect between fans and the club. First we have Club 1871 on their pedestal because they've been given a special area to play in and then we have STAR who are allowed to shut off the remaining fanbase and put their own spin on very important conversations with the higher management. The whole thing is rotten to the core and needs to go.

Can you go?

I've got better things to be doing with my evenings than going to listen to a load of sycophantic old fogies buttering up to Bowen.

Just film the whole event and put an unedited version of it on the website.
Last edited by John Smith on 01 Nov 2019 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 01 Nov 2019 15:41

John Smith

You're not paranoid if the whole world is against you... :lol:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Nov 2019 15:57

their members are their first priority, the rest of the fans next

I'm fine with that

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Nov 2019 15:58

Exactly, much like season ticket holders are the football clubs priority and then members and then everyone else.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Nov 2019 16:20

From Despair To Where?
Hendo
Zammo Seen a few pics and comments on social media saying how impressive Bowen was.

These are the same people who were DISGUSTED at his appointment, moaned about how he SHAFTED Gomes and that they didn't want ANYTHING to do with the club from now on. I saw one particular selfie from someone who was very vocal on Twitter :roll:

Reading fans :roll: :lol:

Did you expect anything else? :lol:

He's unbeaten in 2 games so is now clearly the Second Coming.

He came across as level headed and honest when he was a consultant and DoF. I see no reason for this to change now he's manager. I think he's the "safe" appointment we've been crying out for for the past 5 years. Decent grounding in management/coaching with a no nonsense, get the basics right first approach.

yup make you spot on.....

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Nov 2019 21:29

John Smith
Jagermesiter1871
John Smith I think the lack of transparency from STAR in matters such as these is highly worrying and smacks of a disconnect between fans and the club. First we have Club 1871 on their pedestal because they've been given a special area to play in and then we have STAR who are allowed to shut off the remaining fanbase and put their own spin on very important conversations with the higher management. The whole thing is rotten to the core and needs to go.

Can you go?

I've got better things to be doing with my evenings than going to listen to a load of sycophantic old fogies buttering up to Bowen.

Better things to do like oxf*rd off shit about how you’re some sort of fcuking uber fan you are on a message board?

:lol:

Joker.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Nov 2019 19:04

You can gradually see all the Twitter users who said they'll never accept Bowen starting to accept him now :lol: Priceless

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Nov 2019 19:16

Most of the numpties changed their mind once Miazga scored against Preston :lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Nov 2019 12:39

Bigtimmeh I think they are doing a write up themselves.
Presumably this will be distributed to STAR Members to read in about 6-12 months time then? - probably long after Bowen has been sacked after losing his first game?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Nov 2019 12:40

Forbury Lion
Presumably this will be distributed to STAR Members to read in about 6-12 months time then? - probably long after Bowen has been sacked after losing his first game?

There's been a summary on their website for days Forbes.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Nov 2019 13:37

leon
John Smith
Jagermesiter1871
Can you go?

Better things to do like oxf*rd off shit about how you’re some sort of fcuking uber fan you are on a message board?

:lol:

Joker.

Not sure what prompted that unwarranted and rude response, leon. We won at the weekend, what's your problem?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Nov 2019 14:42

Snowflake Royal
Forbury Lion

My apologies to STAR then, turnaround times have clearly improved since the old days.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 04 Nov 2019 16:59

Forbury Lion
Snowflake Royal
Forbury Lion Presumably this will be distributed to STAR Members to read in about 6-12 months time then? - probably long after Bowen has been sacked after losing his first game?

My apologies to STAR then, turnaround times have clearly improved since the old days.

We live, learn and respond. Sometimes.