Sone Aluko to China!

233 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sone Aluko to China!

by Royalwaster » 27 Aug 2019 19:27

Nameless He may be better suited to the way we play now.
They could loan him back to us whilst picking up his wages in China
Everyone wins that way....

How can he be loaned back to us if we own him and loaned him to them?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Aug 2019 19:39

Nameless
Hendo
Snowflake Royal Bollocks. And if that's the case there's a whole load of extra expense we have to manage.

Yeah, he doesn't have a shirt number and hasn't been registered in the squad so can't see it happening at all.

Registered in the squad ? Is this a new thing ? I think PL teams have to do it and you do it for Euro’s completions but in the EFL a player is registered to a club and anyone registered is eligible. Aluko is our player and if his loan expires he reverts to us., I did think his loan was to the end of the year though....

I could be wrong but I think it applies in the Championship now as well.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Aug 2019 00:57

leon
URZZZZ
leon
Well he can’t pass the ball, shoot accurately or tackle/put a shift in, so no, I don’t want him anywhere near this team.

Yet many (including you and I) have criticised Swift in the past for example for “not putting a shift in” who has flourished so far this season

It’s all about matching the player to the right environment. Players not performing in an environment not suited to them doesn’t make them a bad player. We saw signs in the couple of months with Aluko and Gomes that there was potential there

Don’t expect him to play for us again but he could be an option if we do ever return to the 4-2-3-1

Well Swift can (on occasion) do the other 2 things.

Aluko does none of them. Hence my post.

A player doesn't forge a career in the top two divisions for 8/9 seasons if they're as bad as you're making out

WTRoyal

by WTRoyal » 28 Aug 2019 01:13

URZZZZ
leon
URZZZZ
Yet many (including you and I) have criticised Swift in the past for example for “not putting a shift in” who has flourished so far this season

It’s all about matching the player to the right environment. Players not performing in an environment not suited to them doesn’t make them a bad player. We saw signs in the couple of months with Aluko and Gomes that there was potential there

Don’t expect him to play for us again but he could be an option if we do ever return to the 4-2-3-1

Well Swift can (on occasion) do the other 2 things.

Aluko does none of them. Hence my post.

A player doesn't forge a career in the top two divisions for 8/9 seasons if they're as bad as you're making out

I know it's a turn of phrase and unintentional on your part but he does seem to have conned a lot of people into thinking he can play consistently well; so in that sense, yes, his career in the top two divisions is definitely forged.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Nov 2019 07:53

Beijing Rehne’s last game of the season is against Dalian Yifang on 1st December. After that I presume Sone will return to Reading and be available for the Xmas period.

Be interesting to see if he does become involved and if so whether things work out better for him under a manager who is a little bit more direct in his style of play. Certainly think he should be given a chance under MB esp. if an opportunity to loan or sell doesn’t arise in January.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2019 07:54

Sutekh Beijing Rehne’s last game of the season is against Dalian Yifang on 1st December. After that I presume Sone will return to Reading and be available for the Xmas period.

Be interesting to see if he does become involved and if so whether things work out better for him under a manager who is a little bit more direct in his style of play. Certainly think he should be given a chance under MB esp. if an opportunity to loan or sell doesn’t arise in January.

No he has had his chances. Offload him in January ASAP, even if it is for free.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Nov 2019 08:15

Sutekh Beijing Rehne’s last game of the season is against Dalian Yifang on 1st December. After that I presume Sone will return to Reading and be available for the Xmas period.

Don't think he would be available til Jan would he? He can't be reregistered until the window can he?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Nov 2019 08:29

Old Man Andrews

No he has had his chances. Offload him in January ASAP, even if it is for free.

Agree. He had tonnes of chances, in his preferred position. His attitude stinks.

Having said that we are desperate for wingers... but I was happy to have seen the back of him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2019 08:42

Realistically he has to be miles away from the first team. Can't see Bowen being interested in him at all.

Definitely need to do our best to get rid, not going to be easy though

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2019 08:43

Hound Realistically he has to be miles away from the first team. Can't see Bowen being interested in him at all.

Definitely need to do our best to get rid, not going to be easy though

With Bowen installing a new, tough hard working approach to games and how we set up Aluko is about as far away from that as it gets. Let him leave for next to nothing imo.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2019 08:47

'next to nothing'....tbh if another club comes in and say's 'we'll take him for free' or even 'we'll take him on loan and pay half his wages', I suspect we'll bite their hand off

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Nov 2019 08:53

I am amazed this was even a suggestion. oxf*rd no. No chance. He must be on 20,000 a week too. Sack him off asap. I would happily see the club pay him 10k a week for the remainder of his contract to leave.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Nov 2019 08:57

We should do everything to shift in Jan, even if it's free.....however if we're stuck with him he may as well be around the squad. He had shown his quality throughout his career before joining us. He's clearly a confidence player who was at the club in the dire Gourlay era. I wouldn't say I expect him to come good, but stranger things have happened.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Nov 2019 09:05

WestYorksRoyal We should do everything to shift in Jan, even if it's free.....however if we're stuck with him he may as well be around the squad. He had shown his quality throughout his career before joining us. He's clearly a confidence player who was at the club in the dire Gourlay era. I wouldn't say I expect him to come good, but stranger things have happened.

Name 1 stranger thing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2019 09:06

different conversation but would be less surprised to see Mannone given another go. May be more comfortable in the new style and obvs had a very good loan spell. Our current Back up keepers don't really convince

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2019 09:09

Hound different conversation but would be less surprised to see Mannone given another go. May be more comfortable in the new style and obvs had a very good loan spell. Our current Back up keepers don't really convince

Can't see the club keeping Rafael and Mannone at the club on high wages. Rafael has done nothing wrong so can only see the club sticking with him. Mannone won't be short of offers after his spell in America so shouldn't be too hard to offload.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2019 09:11

yes, would expect he'll be easier to offload. But if not, think he would take the back up spot again over Walker. Only 6 months left of his contract I believe so not quite the same desire to get off the books

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Nov 2019 09:27

I think there is more than a strong possibility that Mannone will be brought back into the squad for the last 6 months unless we get a good offer esp. if Rafael is out with a calf injury.

Would expect a GK order of 1. Rafael 2. Mannone 3. Walker with Virginia returned to Everton in January as that just hasn't worked out and Mannone/Walker likely to move on in the summer and we either promote or sign a new keeper.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2019 09:34

Stranded I think there is more than a strong possibility that Mannone will be brought back into the squad for the last 6 months unless we get a good offer esp. if Rafael is out with a calf injury.

Would expect a GK order of 1. Rafael 2. Mannone 3. Walker with Virginia returned to Everton in January as that just hasn't worked out and Mannone/Walker likely to move on in the summer and we either promote or sign a new keeper.

Fair chance Coniah Boyce-Clarke will get a look in next season, can't see him sticking around too long if he doesn't get promoted, very highly rated.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Nov 2019 09:36

Wasnt a driving factor in Mannone being shipped out the appearence fee he is close to triggering?

233 posts