VAR

1731 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: VAR

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Nov 2019 23:58

The disallowed Burnley goal also a bit crap. VAR is not overturning 'clear and obvious' errors when it comes to offsides. Its making really marginal calls that are so marginal the conceding teams wouldnt be fussed if it stood.

And another clear pens not given in the Lei-Ars game

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Nov 2019 00:27

Hoop Blah
Winston Biscuit

To the naked eye that looks like the defenders knee is playing him on.

To make matters worse that wasn't even the cross from which they scored. I've not seen it yet but according to Durham and The Moose on TalkSport (I know, I know) it should've been seen as two different phases of play.

And how many frames per second can even HD TV provide ?
How do we know whether this is the first or last contact of the player playing the pass ?
Which frame should we take anyway ? The one that shows the greatest number of millimetres offside, obviously.

As I’ve repeated numerous times, it’s the goal prevention system.

And lastly, why not implement a rule for VAR offsides that if the VAR cannot tell within, say, 15 seconds it’s not offside. The 90 seconds it took today was atrocious.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Nov 2019 01:05

To be honest, I don't pay enough attention to the VAR debate to fully know the criteria for its use but to my mind, it's the clear and obvious error conundrum. A clear and obvious error should not take more than 30 seconds to overturn, if not, go with the onfield decision.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Nov 2019 07:51

When it comes to reviewing a goal that’s been scored the clear and obvious test doesn’t come into the equation, or certainly doesn’t for offsides because they’re apparently* factual decisions.

In terms of the frame rates and accuracy, I’ve seen some people suggest that the level of accuracy could be something like 25cm.

* they’re not

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Nov 2019 08:10

Hoop Blah
Winston Biscuit

To make matters worse that wasn't even the cross from which they scored. I've not seen it yet but according to Durham and The Moose on TalkSport (I know, I know) it should've been seen as two different phases of play.

The Sheffield player’s hand is clearly in an offside position. This would then be consistent with the farcical disallowing of the Firmino goal last week.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Nov 2019 08:36

Sutekh
Hoop Blah
Winston Biscuit

The Sheffield player’s hand is clearly in an offside position. This would then be consistent with the farcical disallowing of the Firmino goal last week.

Arms don't count, it has to be a body part you can score with.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Nov 2019 12:42

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Hoop Blah

I think that’s what Sutekh is, sarcastically, referencing :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Nov 2019 13:28

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

I think that’s what Sutekh is, sarcastically, referencing :wink:

Bugger.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Nov 2019 22:46

Can’t make my mind up about the City penalty decision today for the handball. I’d have thought it was the right decision because it touched Silva’s hand first irrespective of intention but I’m not sure if that only applies to goals or penalties too

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Nov 2019 22:58

URZZZZ Can’t make my mind up about the City penalty decision today for the handball. I’d have thought it was the right decision because it touched Silva’s hand first irrespective of intention but I’m not sure if that only applies to goals or penalties too

LFC goal should not have stood

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 13 Nov 2019 14:40

They need to bring in an "umpire's call" type of thing for the offsides. An on field decision stands unless the attacker is more than say 10cm offside/onside. Would clear up the clear and obvious errors and less time spent pissing about checking to the nearest mm.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Nov 2019 15:26

Winston is going with 'no handball' ftr

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Nov 2019 09:44

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50517096

Riley admitting that VAR has made a few f**k-ups recently.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 23 Nov 2019 15:57

liVARpool...jammy pcunts!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Nov 2019 21:45

:evil: Oh very dear.

City goal VAR’d when the defenders arm, including a gloved hand are very clearly playing Sterling onside.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the VAR thought that the defenders arm doesn’t count because you can’t score with it :roll:

At least it didn’t matter

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Nov 2019 22:58

Yeah more VAR shambles. Fukking ridiculous

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Nov 2019 11:15

Franchise FC :evil: Oh very dear.

City goal VAR’d when the defenders arm, including a gloved hand are very clearly playing Sterling onside.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the VAR thought that the defenders arm doesn’t count because you can’t score with it :roll:

Utterly farcical isn’t it. Liverpool and Sheffield lost out because attackers had hands in an offside position so at least that was consistent. Then along comes City v Chelsea and suddenly hands don’t count any more :lol:

Just scrap this farcical technology. We really don’t want 2 minutes wasted while officials look at things from different angles then get it wrong when they can do that instantly. At least with the latter method we can all be more acceptable of the human error.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Nov 2019 11:17

Sutekh

Utterly farcical isn’t it. Liverpool and Sheffield lost out because attackers had hands in an offside position so at least that was consistent. Then along comes City v Chelsea and suddenly hands don’t count any more :lol:

Just scrap this farcical technology. We really don’t want 2 minutes wasted while officials look at things from different angles then get it wrong when they can do that instantly. At least with the latter method we can all be more acceptable of the human error.

The more I think about yesterday’s incident, the more I believe that the VAR really doesn’t know the laws of the game. Maybe should get Sian Massey to explain them to him :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Nov 2019 12:35

Franchise FC
Sutekh

The more I think about yesterday’s incident, the more I believe that the VAR really doesn’t know the laws of the game. Maybe should get Sian Massey to explain them to him :wink:

At least the VAR is in the same boat as managers, players, pundits and most fans.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Nov 2019 13:25

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Sutekh

At least the VAR is in the same boat as managers, players, pundits and most fans.

:lol: :lol:

1731 posts