Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by URZZZZZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 22:10

I was cringing at the ‘We all hate Leeds scum’ chanting today, embarrassing.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 26 Nov 2019 23:04

windermereROYAL
URZZZZ I see the Leeds fans are crying again about only having an allocation of 2,200 for our game in November. Nice work Club1871 :lol:

Although a few Leeds fans have already said they’re going in the home end so should be another interesting one...

Leeds fan I know in the home end last year, cheered when the first goal went in, got reported and ejected, 5 year ban. i notice they complain about the allocation but not the price, strange that.
they were in home end in scarves as well today singing and taunting stewards did nothing! They're too quick to kick reading out of y26 if you don't sit down but don't do anything about away fans

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 27 Nov 2019 02:21

Why can'y club 1871 not be in Y26? Why not just put some sort of line where standing will be aloud? That way the away end
gets filled which improves the atmosphere IMO plus the club would make more money?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Nov 2019 07:08

Jackson Corner Why can'y club 1871 not be in Y26? Why not just put some sort of line where standing will be aloud? That way the away end
gets filled which improves the atmosphere IMO plus the club would make more money?

You think 4000 away fans would be an advantage? it would almost make it like an away game at home.

Needle

by Needle » 27 Nov 2019 07:52

Jackson Corner Why can'y club 1871 not be in Y26? Why not just put some sort of line where standing will be aloud? That way the away end

Let's put the away fans in Y26 and double the size of 1871

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Nov 2019 08:55

Because people have STs in Y26 and might not want to be part of C1871.

I don't understand how hard it is to grasp for some people, the club didn't want to displace existing season ticket holders, and rightly so.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Nov 2019 12:20

windermereROYAL

You think 4000 away fans would be an advantage? it would almost make it like an away game at home.

This is the point that so many people appear to be missing. That, I assume, is exactly why the club are prepared to forego some away support ticket revenue. Splitting that end really has dampened the level of away support.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 27 Nov 2019 12:26

Fox Talbot
RoyalBlue
Old Man Andrews Its irrelevant how much it is. Either pay it and go or don't pay it and stay at home. Going to football isn't something you're forced to do, you have a choice.

That's a bit of a simplistic view to take. Why should football fans be blatantly ripped off because they want to support their team and effectively be left in that take it or leave it situation by greedy bastard clubs like Leeds and Bristol City?

People have choices over most things they spend their money on. IMO that still doesn't excuse blatant profiteering.

I believe Reading should take a stand when it comes to the real rip off merchants like Leeds, charge their supporters the £25 that they are permitted to do and leaflet them at the game to let them know why they have ended up paying £5 more than other visiting supporters.

But wouldn't we have to charge our fans in the ED stand £5 more as well for that game?

No, because ticket prices for travelling supporters have to be set on a like for like basis or cheaper. At risk of stating the obvious, ED Stand is a completely different stand in a different part of the stadium and is also the designated family area. I believe £25 is what you have to pay for a one-off ticket in Club 1871 (The South Stand), hence my suggestion that we charge that for supporters from clubs like Bristol City and Leeds who rip off our travelling support.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Nov 2019 12:40

RoyalBlue
windermereROYAL

This is the point that so many people appear to be missing. That, I assume, is exactly why the club are prepared to forego some away support ticket revenue. Splitting that end really has dampened the level of away support.

Yes, that's why the players are so supportive of Club1871, they really didn't like playing in front of a full hostile away end in a quiet Mad Stad - makes those games feel as much away as actual away games.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Nov 2019 13:21

There were plenty of spare seats in the Leeds end last night. I don't what they were whinging about/infiltrating our end for

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 27 Nov 2019 13:22

RoyalBlue
windermereROYAL

And is quite embarrassing when all you see on the TV is empty seats in the home end. Move C1871 to ED Stand would be a solution - there would be minimal disruption to existing ST holders there as...well...they don’t exist!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 27 Nov 2019 18:41

Notts Royal
RoyalBlue
windermereROYAL

And is quite embarrassing when all you see on the TV is empty seats in the home end. Move C1871 to ED Stand would be a solution - there would be minimal disruption to existing ST holders there as...well...they don’t exist!

Not sure why there should be embarrassment seeing empty seats on the TV - happens to most clubs courtesy of Sky.

Keep Club 1871 where it is. It's not broken so why try to fix it and probably break things in the process! It has had the desired effect of breaking down the wall of sound that we used to get from quite a few visiting teams' supporters; even the most rowdy and vociferous have been turned down a few notches since we've had a pretty full Club 1871. And for all their whinging, it's now been confirmed that the mighty Leeds, Leeds, Leeds (copyright A Williams) didn't use all of their allocation in the away end!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Nov 2019 21:17

Notts Royal
RoyalBlue
windermereROYAL

And is quite embarrassing when all you see on the TV is empty seats in the home end. Move C1871 to ED Stand would be a solution - there would be minimal disruption to existing ST holders there as...well...they don’t exist![/quote]

They do and I'm not having them sit near me. I'd rather have Cat AIDS, thank you.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Nov 2019 21:37

I understand the apparent impossible logistics about where C1871 is located, if you took a good look last night Leeds fans probably took up two third of the south stand. if that's 2200 when the capacity is 4000 I`m a Dutchman.
Nothing will ever chance until C1871 can interact with Y25/26. if the club wanted this they could make it happen, moving seats and barriers really isn`t no big deal and not too expensive.
Moving the away support over t the other side with no aggression from the east stand woud save lots of manpower ours,

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2019 01:01

Notts Royal
RoyalBlue
windermereROYAL

There's not many things worse than gimps on Twitter who bring up attendance

Of course, a higher attendance is preferable but in reality, I don't actually care if we bring 200 fans to some northern, grubby dump, it's our choice how we spend our time and money

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Nov 2019 09:42

URZZZZ There's not many things worse than gimps on Twitter who bring up attendance

Of course, a higher attendance is preferable but in reality, I don't actually care if we bring 200 fans to some northern, grubby dump, it's our choice how we spend our time and money

windermereROYAL I understand the apparent impossible logistics about where C1871 is located, if you took a good look last night Leeds fans probably took up two third of the south stand. if that's 2200 when the capacity is 4000 I`m a Dutchman.
Nothing will ever chance until C1871 can interact with Y25/26. if the club wanted this they could make it happen, moving seats and barriers really isn`t no big deal and not too expensive.
Moving the away support over t the other side with no aggression from the east stand woud save lots of manpower ours,

Two good posts. The away fans always used to be in the half nearer to the West Stand - moving them there would solve the whole Y25/Club1871 debate as it would just be one large mass of singers.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Nov 2019 09:43

John Smith
URZZZZ There's not many things worse than gimps on Twitter who bring up attendance

windermereROYAL I understand the apparent impossible logistics about where C1871 is located, if you took a good look last night Leeds fans probably took up two third of the south stand. if that's 2200 when the capacity is 4000 I`m a Dutchman.

Two good posts. The away fans always used to be in the half nearer to the West Stand - moving them there would solve the whole Y25/Club1871 debate as it would just be one large mass of singers.

I don't think they have been in that half of the stand since the 2nd year the stadium opened :|

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Nov 2019 09:46

Hendo I don't think they have been in that half of the stand since the 2nd year the stadium opened :|

Oh well excuse me for highly inaccurate details. Why don't you post something more productive, Hendo?

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 28 Nov 2019 12:44

URZZZZZZZZ I was cringing at the ‘We all hate Leeds scum’ chanting today, embarrassing.

You mean like when Leeds sing "We are the champions, champions of Europe".

A competiton they have NEVER won.

Not many fans sing/chant about their team winning a competition....when they haven't. Or are they still harping on about their 1975 loss to Bayern Munich.? Lost on the night. Didn't even score a goal. But hey...they then continue to chant that they DID win it, even though they lost.

Now THAT is embarrassing.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Nov 2019 14:16

URZZZZZZZZ I was cringing at the ‘We all hate Leeds scum’ chanting today, embarrassing.

I was disappointed by the Jimmy Saville chants from Club1871

2100 posts