FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

UpThePrem

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

by UpThePrem » 02 Dec 2019 22:58

At least they won't want the full 15% allocation so Club 1871 will probably be able to stay where they are.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Dec 2019 23:28

Pleased for the Blackpool fans after all they've been through. Our ticket pricing should ensure a decent away following on the day.

What a change to be at home!

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 Dec 2019 23:34

Old Man Andrews
royalp-we Perfect draw. A chance for the U23’s to show what they can offer and makes the January fixtures splendid, all relatively short trips and more chance of getting a run of form together.

Why are we playing the under 23's? We don't need to rest players, we won't go up and we won't go down either. A cup run could be the only excitement we get all season, play our strongest side.

Because we play 4 games in 10 days before it. This cup game sits right between two very tough fixtures against Fulham (3) and Forest (4).

We would only moan that Bowen risked the likes of Ejaria and Puscas if they picked up injuries in a game where youngsters could, and should be given the opportunity to start really.

We could be around the drop zone or we could be punching for the top half. A lot can happen between now and January.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Dec 2019 00:09

Some funny reactions on their forums, crap draw but winnable is the general feeling. plucked this one out.

25 mins from London, decent stadium, awful team, a town full of pubs and 3hrs away. Some of you must live in Monte Carlo if you think it's the worst draw possible. An over-nighter in Oxford or London and a good chance of R4, easy for me to say given I'm only 20mins away but it is just the luck of the draw. Hopefully we get to see Charlie and progress to the next round.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Dec 2019 01:46

windermereROYAL Some funny reactions on their forums, crap draw but winnable is the general feeling. plucked this one out.

25 mins from London, decent stadium, awful team, a town full of pubs and 3hrs away. Some of you must live in Monte Carlo if you think it's the worst draw possible. An over-nighter in Oxford or London and a good chance of R4, easy for me to say given I'm only 20mins away but it is just the luck of the draw. Hopefully we get to see Charlie and progress to the next round.

It’s probably not far off the worst draw for them to be fair. Can you think of many worse times for them? At least games like Barnsley and Hull aren’t a million miles away for them

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Dec 2019 06:26

royalp-we
Old Man Andrews
royalp-we Perfect draw. A chance for the U23’s to show what they can offer and makes the January fixtures splendid, all relatively short trips and more chance of getting a run of form together.

Why are we playing the under 23's? We don't need to rest players, we won't go up and we won't go down either. A cup run could be the only excitement we get all season, play our strongest side.

Because we play 4 games in 10 days before it. This cup game sits right between two very tough fixtures against Fulham (3) and Forest (4).

We would only moan that Bowen risked the likes of Ejaria and Puscas if they picked up injuries in a game where youngsters could, and should be given the opportunity to start really.

We could be around the drop zone or we could be punching for the top half. A lot can happen between now and January.

No way. Play strongest side, really want clubs at Reading’s level to take the FA Cup seriously rather than get all pretentious like they’re a PL team. Plus a cup run might help league form by getting into a winning mentality.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 03 Dec 2019 06:44

i think its a pretty decent draw. Obviously you want to avoid the 23 teams you are playing twice already this year. Plus Ive never seen the appeal of drawing a much stronger team than you from the top of the Premiership. The key to a run in the cup, IMHO, is to be handed a nice 3rd round draw, and here it is. Ive always liked a home draw for the FA Cup anyway.
We have plenty of time in the competition to lose an early goal and be generally outclassed by the likes of Wolves or Aston Villa.

stealthpapes
windermereROYAL Been drawn away the last trillion times in the FA cup and people moaning cos we are at home for once :shock:

probably different people? also, no one as far as I can see has moaned.

LOL.

*Insert Knock Out Gif*

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Dec 2019 08:28

Yep happy with this - would play a strong side probably throw in a couple of players like Barrett & McIntyre who are on the fringes but otherwise play a strong side and get as far as we can.

This season is starting to feel a bit 2009-10 where we started badly, fired the manager when we hit the relegation zone (or close to) then used a good cup run (to QFs) to get on a good league run and finish in the top 10. Would do me nicely.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Dec 2019 08:53

URZZZZ
windermereROYAL Some funny reactions on their forums, crap draw but winnable is the general feeling. plucked this one out.

It’s probably not far off the worst draw for them to be fair. Can you think of many worse times for them? At least games like Barnsley and Hull aren’t a million miles away for them

If Exeter get past Hartlepool, that would be worse. Actually come to think of it, both of those teams wouldn't have been great for them.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 Dec 2019 09:38

I'm a hypocrite when it comes to the FA Cup.

It was the best competition in the world when I was growing up and I can still recite all the finals from 1969-1985. It really pisses me off when teams play their reserves nowadays, plus Cup Final day no longer means very much for the neutral. No idea who the current holders are. Prolly Man City or Liverpool.

Then again, I'd be happy for us to play our reserves v Blackpool/every round. 3 points means more than progressing in the Cup to me.

:|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2019 09:40

LUX I'm a hypocrite when it comes to the FA Cup.

It was the best competition in the world when I was growing up and I can still recite all the finals from 1969-1985. It really pisses me off when teams play their reserves nowadays, plus Cup Final day no longer means very much for the neutral. No idea who the current holders are. Prolly Man City or Liverpool.

Then again, I'd be happy for us to play our reserves v Blackpool/every round. 3 points means more than progressing in the Cup to me.

:|

Where are 3 points going to get us though? Theres no way we are going to go up this season, lets invest everything into a cup run. If we have a bit of luck with the draw as we did a few seasons ago we could get really far.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2019 09:41

I'm liking this period we're having where we're looking good, but other teams still think we're shit.

Makes it a bit sweeter when we beat them.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Dec 2019 09:51

Why is everyone acting like we are through already? Blackpool are a perfectly capable side who are two points off third in League One. I would want to see as strong a side as possible starting. Gnanduillet is a huge threat.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Dec 2019 12:23

John Smith Why is everyone acting like we are through already? Blackpool are a perfectly capable side who are two points off third in League One. I would want to see as strong a side as possible starting. Gnanduillet is a huge threat.

Literally no-one is - all people are saying is they would like us to play some kids and a cup run would be great and this is a great draw to allow that. A home draw to a lower league side is a good draw and we should win - of course we may not.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 03 Dec 2019 12:44

As mentioned on the BFTG Forest thread, took in the Burton v Blackpool 0-0 thriller instead. Blackpool were a reasonably decent, play it around kind of team. Lot goes through Spearing, and their keeper was ok. Wasn't overly impressed with either Delfouneso who started or Gnanduillet who came on. Their best player, by a long shot, was Ben Heneghan who kept them in the game second-half.

Goes without saying that their fans absolutely love Charlie Adam. He married a Blackpool lass and still lives there.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 03 Dec 2019 15:04

Three hours away? Are they all traveling down in Bugatti's? :shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Dec 2019 18:16

'A town full of pubs'? Isn't that any typical town?!

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Dec 2019 18:46

Thread crossover.

It's certainly not true for Blyth.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 03 Dec 2019 19:14

Einstein agogo
KC Royal Would like Gillingham away please, but given I've been waiting 10 years I won't hold my breath!

Will probably be either Man Utd or another Championship club...

Edit - Actually Tottenham home or away would appeal too.

Why Gillingham????

Nearest league team. Seen us a few times there (2002-2005) and there was a time since, in the last decade, when I was going to on average a game a season. Not been for a few years now though, since Dom Samuel was booed off in a truly awful game on the day we won 4-3 at Charlton with Rakels late winner.

At least being local I can sit in the home end rather than then the shite unfinished away stand!

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 Dec 2019 22:29

stealthpapes Thread crossover.

It's certainly not true for Blyth.

:mrgreen: