The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8673 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Franchise FC » 02 Dec 2019 19:52

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Stranded Rumours that Woodgate will be sacked by Boro this week and replaced by Warnock.

Presuming Mr Warnock really doesn’t decide to retire

Mrs Warnock probably has other ideas about retirement.

Exactly. The last thing she wants is him around all day

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 03 Dec 2019 12:08

According to my Boro supporting colleague Warnock has always said that missing out on managing Boro is something he's always regretted. So basically add Boro to a list of about 91 clubs Warnock has always been desperate to manage. We may well be the only club he doesn't want to manage. He would of course say yes if asked.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 04 Dec 2019 08:50

6ft Kerplunk According to my Boro supporting colleague Warnock has always said that missing out on managing Boro is something he's always regretted. So basically add Boro to a list of about 91 clubs Warnock has always been desperate to manage. We may well be the only club he doesn't want to manage. He would of course say yes if asked.

Why is/was he so keen to manage Boro?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Dec 2019 08:51

Brum Royal
6ft Kerplunk According to my Boro supporting colleague Warnock has always said that missing out on managing Boro is something he's always regretted. So basically add Boro to a list of about 91 clubs Warnock has always been desperate to manage. We may well be the only club he doesn't want to manage. He would of course say yes if asked.

Grim town, grim club, grim players. Perfect fit for Warnock.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 04 Dec 2019 14:53

Brum Royal

That is a mystery to my colleague. He doesn't think there's any particular connection there at all.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Dec 2019 13:43

With Everton now in the relegation zone, Silva surely gone in the next couple of days. Moyes to return?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Dec 2019 13:46

Stranded With Everton now in the relegation zone, Silva surely gone in the next couple of days. Moyes to return?

That bottom half of the Prem is so close, a win could take them up too 12th.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Dec 2019 13:49

Hendo
Stranded With Everton now in the relegation zone, Silva surely gone in the next couple of days. Moyes to return?

Sig for player/manager

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Dec 2019 13:53

FC Saarbrucken, of the German fourth tier, sacked their manager despite being top of the league. Dirk Lottner was given the boot after two consecutive league defeats, with his record prior to that having been 13 wins and one draw, as well as the side beating FC Koln of the Bundesliga in the cup. Clearly an ambitious club, the directors said he was sacked 'to protect promotion'.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Dec 2019 13:59

Sanguine FC Saarbrucken, of the German fourth tier, sacked their manager despite being top of the league. Dirk Lottner was given the boot after two consecutive league defeats, with his record prior to that having been 13 wins and one draw, as well as the side beating FC Koln of the Bundesliga in the cup. Clearly an ambitious club, the directors said he was sacked 'to protect promotion'.

Klopp will be shaking in his boots if Liverpool somehow lose a couple :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 05 Dec 2019 14:02

Franchise FC
Sanguine FC Saarbrucken, of the German fourth tier, sacked their manager despite being top of the league. Dirk Lottner was given the boot after two consecutive league defeats, with his record prior to that having been 13 wins and one draw, as well as the side beating FC Koln of the Bundesliga in the cup. Clearly an ambitious club, the directors said he was sacked 'to protect promotion'.

Klopp will be shaking in his boots if Liverpool somehow lose a couple :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why does every post you make on the general football have to be about Liverpool? it's really noticeable, you seem obsessed?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Dec 2019 14:03

Sutekh
Hendo

Sig for player/manager

I think we should give Bowen more time

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Dec 2019 14:04

Promotion from the 4th tier in Germany is notoriously difficult, though it has got easier now there are 4 promotion spots (3 league winners go up and one play-off for the final spot).

Saarbrucken were coasting the South West division but their drop in form of late means they only have a 2 point gap now - no room to slip. Sure I read they have built a relatively expensive squad at that level to get back into the national league system, so not winning the league could be a massive issue for them.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Dec 2019 14:05

WoodleyRoyal
Franchise FC

why does every post you make on the general football have to be about Liverpool? it's really noticeable, you seem obsessed?

In this case it's simply that the 13 wins 1 draw is remarkably similar.

Anyway, given the fantastic start (is it a start any more) they've made, no-one should be surprised that there's a lot of chatter about them.
Besides, there's almost nothing posted on any of the other teams threads on GF

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Dec 2019 14:41

Franchise FC
WoodleyRoyal
Franchise FC Klopp will be shaking in his boots if Liverpool somehow lose a couple :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, given the fantastic start (is it a start any more) they've made, no-one should be surprised that there's a lot of chatter about them.

You're replying to Woodley Royal, I wouldn't bother

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2019 15:00

URZZZZ
Franchise FC
WoodleyRoyal

Another example of Urzzz disagreeing with someone but not having the intelligence to debate.....

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Dec 2019 15:07

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Franchise FC In this case it's simply that the 13 wins 1 draw is remarkably similar.

Another example of Urzzz disagreeing with someone but not having the intelligence to debate.....

No debate needed here buddy. Franchise makes a perfectly reasonable point and Woodley Royal as usual comes up with an arsey and irrevelant comment

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Dec 2019 15:09

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

No debate needed here buddy. Franchise makes a perfectly reasonable point and Woodley Royal as usual comes up with an arsey and irrevelant comment

Watch out - agreeing to someone, anyone, is somehow whiteknighting
Disagreeing, by the way, is because whoever is disagreeing is stupid, or worse

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 05 Dec 2019 15:56

6ft Kerplunk
Brum Royal

That is a mystery to my colleague. He doesn't think there's any particular connection there at all.

Reading the OP, it suggests he came close to getting the job in the past but either chose not to take it or missed out narrowly.

A quick google gets me

"It's one of my disappointments, I suppose, that I haven't worked for him. But he's so passionate about his club, he spends a fortune - you can't fault him.

"He's been unbelievable. (Boro) isn't one of the most amazing areas wealth-wise, but he keeps putting his money where his mouth is - he's done a fantastic job.

"I think Boro have to hope he stays there for a long time."

Pressed whether he had been close to joining Boro down the years, Warnock added: "Yes I've been close a few times.

"I keep telling (Gibson) about the mistakes he's made over the last few years!"

which hints at him knowing Steve Gibson quite well.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Dec 2019 15:06

Leicester taking steps to dissuade any interest in Rodgers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50684861

As mentioned on the Arsenal thread, I'd see someone like Rafa as a good choice for either of Everton (his family still live up there don' they?) or Arsenal.

I'd love for a British manager to get the chance at Arsenal, with Eddie Howe being the obvious option if they were bold enough to go down that route.

I think I said previously that I thought Dyche would be a decent fit for Everton too, but it seems they're more in the market for a foreign coach who will attempt to deliver a more attractive style of play.

8673 posts