MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by Martin Hicks

147 posts
JR

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by Martin Hicks

by JR » 07 Dec 2019 17:16

In his brief period Charlie Adam showed us exactly what we were missing - some class and creativity in midfield.

Quite rare that can directly blame tactics for a result, but today the switch to 4-4-2 was disastrous.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Dec 2019 17:16

Hound
P!ssed Off Match was lost by Bowen at half time.

Didn’t think the change made much of a difference to the balance at all tbh. Was a more open game but both sides had many more chances

My app makes it 7 Birmingham attempts after half time before we had our 1st.

Torbay Royal

by Torbay Royal » 07 Dec 2019 17:17

Five at the back against a team who have scored 3 goals in their previous 4 games and hadn't won in five.

Ambition?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Dec 2019 17:21

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth I'd like to repeat my opinion that Boye is a fraud. Everything he touches turns to shit.

Apart from winning the penalty last week?

I said it in that match thread too. Hes shite.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Dec 2019 17:21

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
It worked last week didn't it?

Our 5 at the back formation has yielded one goal in four games now, and as I said last week, the majority just come from set pieces or on the counter. It's a horrible formation to watch unless the balance is there which is clearly wasn't

We didnt switch to a 4-4-2 last week. We switched to a 4-3-3.

No we didn't

Yes we did. This is fun.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Dec 2019 17:25

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth We didnt switch to a 4-4-2 last week. We switched to a 4-3-3.

No we didn't

Yes we did. This is fun.

Nope

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Dec 2019 17:25

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth I'd like to repeat my opinion that Boye is a fraud. Everything he touches turns to shit.

Yeah. Still waiting to be impressed.

HE made a big difference when he came on at Wigan.

yuomi

by yuomi » 07 Dec 2019 17:29

To be honest that could have been the first time any/all of that 11 had set eyes on each other.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Dec 2019 17:30

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

So not "everything he touches turns to shit"

Whilst admittedly being very poor, it's different to watching Meite and Puscas play 100 yards away from each other, then running half the length of the pitch to chase their touch

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 07 Dec 2019 17:31

Shocking, normal business resumed Pucas, Boyle, Meite,, must, must go in Jan, no skill, no passion, no fight, no hope mercenaries.

Hopefully with Brexit more restrictions will apply to unskilled foreign imports.

Charlie Adams (motm) and Chris Gunter has to start, if only we had kept Mackie, Long, Kebe, Kanu etc.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 07 Dec 2019 17:32

karbota Shocking, normal business resumed Pucas, Boyle, Meite,, must, must go in Jan, no skill, no passion, no fight, no hope mercenaries.

Hopefully with Brexit more restrictions will apply to unskilled foreign imports.

Charlie Adams (motm) and Chris Gunter has to start, if only we had kept Mackie, Long, Kebe, Kanu etc.

You fukking tw@

Torbay Royal

by Torbay Royal » 07 Dec 2019 17:33

Why play five at the back when the opposition have scored three in four and not won in five?

Really poor today and a bounce is needed in the next two games against Barnsley & Stoke. Those games are winnable. Six points and the world is a happier place..........two defeats and we're in for a long winter.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Dec 2019 17:42

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

Whilst admittedly being very poor, it's different to watching Meite and Puscas play 100 yards away from each other, then running half the length of the pitch to chase their touch

Nope. They're not mutually exclusive. He can be shite and have everything he touches turn to shite at the same time.

His first touch is just as bad as Meite and Puscas but at least they can occasionally pass or shoot or not foul.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Dec 2019 17:53

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth I said it in that match thread too. Hes shite.

Nope. They're not mutually exclusive. He can be shite and have everything he touches turn to shite at the same time.

His first touch is just as bad as Meite and Puscas but at least they can occasionally pass or shoot or not foul.

It really isn't, his first touch is OK, his disease is spending too long on the ball and not releasing it quick enough

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Dec 2019 17:59

JR In his brief period Charlie Adam showed us exactly what we were missing - some class and creativity in midfield.

Quite rare that can directly blame tactics for a result, but today the switch to 4-4-2 was disastrous.

It’s a shame he can’t last 90 minutes on that form. But he is ideal for the last 30 if you have something to chase though if I wanted to change things at half time, as MB did today, I would have started by bringing Adam on not Boye!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Dec 2019 18:05

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

It really isn't, his first touch is OK, his disease is spending too long on the ball and not releasing it quick enough

Dunno man. Theres a reason he is the worst rated player in our squad on Whoscored to have played more than 200 minutes. I'm not saying their stats are perfect or that stats in general are perfect but it certainly shows how many dribbles he fails, touches he oxf*rd up, passes he misplaces and fouls he commits. He simply isnt good enough. He is this seasons Josh Sims and we should send him back in January. Would rather see Barrett play.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Dec 2019 18:13

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal And that ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't change shape or make a sub at HT. And why we don't play 4-4-2.

So brainless from us.

Our 5 at the back formation has yielded one goal in four games now, and as I said last week, the majority just come from set pieces or on the counter. It's a horrible formation to watch unless the balance is there which is clearly wasn't

There's a difference between changing for the last 20 minutes a goal down and playing it from the start /HT when even.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Dec 2019 18:15

URZZZZ

He didn't win anything, the defender gave it away, Boye just happened to be Johnny on the spot.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Dec 2019 18:25

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth Nope. They're not mutually exclusive. He can be shite and have everything he touches turn to shite at the same time.

Dunno man. Theres a reason he is the worst rated player in our squad on Whoscored to have played more than 200 minutes. I'm not saying their stats are perfect or that stats in general are perfect but it certainly shows how many dribbles he fails, touches he oxf*rd up, passes he misplaces and fouls he commits. He simply isnt good enough. He is this seasons Josh Sims and we should send him back in January. Would rather see Barrett play.

But we don’t give him a chance. There is zero point in starting him one week, dropping him for two, then starting him for one again etc...it really doesn’t help

Since Bristol, he’s made an impact almost every time. Was good there, looked lively against Brentford, less so Leeds, did well at Wigan. Yet he finds himself on the bench every time behind a dreadful partnership. Like Sims last year, give him a run of games now, and if he’s no good, send him back in January

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Dec 2019 18:27

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal And that ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't change shape or make a sub at HT. And why we don't play 4-4-2.

So brainless from us.

There's a difference between changing for the last 20 minutes a goal down and playing it from the start /HT when even.

It’s all well and good saying that but the first half performance was as bad as the second. The only difference is we scored our chance at 1-0 down from a set piece, whereas we hit the crossbar at 2-1 down from a set piece

An awful performance all round, but you can’t just pin it to tactics considering how bad the first half was too

147 posts