2019 Summer Recruitment

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: 2019 Summer Recruitment

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Dec 2019 16:07

On the way to the game we were talking about the January transfer window.
Our conclusion was that there would be no incomings but that Olise and Loader would probably go out on loan.

We certainly have enough players on the books to cover all positions apart perhaps from an out and out left winger.

I think the jury is still out on most of the Summer signings.

Barb

by Barb » 22 Dec 2019 16:52

Victor Meldrew On the way to the game we were talking about the January transfer window.
Our conclusion was that there would be no incomings but that Olise and Loader would probably go out on loan.

We certainly have enough players on the books to cover all positions apart perhaps from an out and out left winger.

I think the jury is still out on most of the Summer signings.

Yeah, the sensible thing to do would be to try and remove a couple of players but I do t think we need any incomings. Just take stock and try and have a solid second half of the season.

No point sending loader out as he won't be here next season anyway.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Dec 2019 17:15

Doesn't Loader have a decent contract offer on the table? If he doesn't sign, ship him out. £1m + good sell on clause would be good business.

Barb

by Barb » 22 Dec 2019 18:06

WestYorksRoyal Doesn't Loader have a decent contract offer on the table? If he doesn't sign, ship him out. £1m + good sell on clause would be good business.

He can move on a free in the summer. He'll sit it out. I firmly believe he'll be a league 1 player. No idea why he is so rated.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Dec 2019 18:20

It’s all about what’s to come

...but you could be right

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 24 Dec 2019 11:07

andrew1957 Being OCD I keep a record (as much as is possible) of the buys and sells of RFC.

Over the last 10 years the significant sales of Academy players have included:
Sig 7M
Antonio 1M
Long 6M
McCarthy 3M
Hector 4M
Tishbola 5M
Stacey 1.2M
Samuel 0.5M
Cooper 1M
Nova 1M
Kelly/Hamer/Henry etc - probably another 0.5M. Several others have gone for small amounts of 50K or so.

I make that a little over 30M - or 3M per annum.

I would say the Academy was one of the most successful aspects of this club. We have had a relatively barren spell recently but there are a lot of good youngsters between 15-18 at the moment and I suspect the next Sig, Hector or Long might well be in the Academy already.

I did say the last 8 years so that is hector forward i believe as said before none of them have really been amazing since that point.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 24 Dec 2019 11:09

Hound Yiadom, Swift and Meite on frees were exceptional signings tbh

Agreed and Moore and Puscas aside are probably the players that are valued the highest out of our squad. cant fault the scouting team as they have found some very good cheap gems in the last few years.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 24 Dec 2019 12:07

linkenholtroyal
Hound Yiadom, Swift and Meite on frees were exceptional signings tbh

Agreed and Moore and Puscas aside are probably the players that are valued the highest out of our squad. cant fault the scouting team as they have found some very good cheap gems in the last few years.

Doesn’t compare with the McDermot years as a scout.