CONFIMRED - Charlie Adam

356 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Charlie Adam

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2020 18:36

sandman One bad game in the last 8 or 9 games so let's drop him and bring in Rinomhota who has been shit all season.

Just because someone posts something shit about Adam doesn't mean you have to respond with something equally shit about Rinomhota.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Jan 2020 18:37

Just because he's come through the academy doesn't mean you can't call a spade a spade and say Rinomhota has been shit this season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2020 18:40

sandman Just because he's come through the academy doesn't mean you can't call a spade a spade and say Rinomhota has been shit this season.

I mean you can say it, it doesn't make it true though. He's had some duff games and he hasn't been as good as last season, being asked to do different things. But there's absolutely no need to call him shit just because someone suggests he plays over someone you prefer.

Get a grip.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jan 2020 18:49

Snowflake Royal
sandman Just because he's come through the academy doesn't mean you can't call a spade a spade and say Rinomhota has been shit this season.

I mean you can say it, it doesn't make it true though. He's had some duff games and he hasn't been as good as last season, being asked to do different things. But there's absolutely no need to call him shit just because someone suggests he plays over someone you prefer.

Get a grip.

To be fair, most people including myself are guilty of judging footballers' by the extremes

Rino started off the season very average, got dropped, came back in under Bowen, started off well but ever since he lost his man for the Leeds goal he has been terrible and didn't shine out against Blackpool

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2020 18:59

I’ve only ever seen Adam as a short term option tbh. He has certainly done well and I’ve been impressed - but without Joao I’m not really sure how we get one up top to work (unless we sign a straight replacement)

I do think he’d be the one to go if we did need to go two up front again

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Jan 2020 19:15

Rinomhota been very poor this season. I'm sure if I'd used those words in the first place and moderated my language then Ian wouldn't have reacted the way he did and would have agreed with me.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Jan 2020 19:16

He's been shit.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jan 2020 19:53

I like Charlie, however he`s out of shape, we really need Ovie back in the middle , and Adam back as an impact sub if needed.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 18 Jan 2020 22:26

windermereROYAL I like Charlie, however he`s out of shape, we really need Ovie back in the middle , and Adam back as an impact sub if needed.

Agreed... we should keep him for cameo appearances. He reminded me a bit of Joey today and looked like an accident waiting to happen. I admire his desire and gave him just applause when substituted but do not think he should be starting games.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jan 2020 22:48

windermereROYAL I like Charlie, however he`s out of shape, we really need Ovie back in the middle , and Adam back as an impact sub if needed.

To play who on the left? We have no wingers. Ejaria has been a lot better out on the flank than in the middle and the midfield itself has succinctly improved since the change. Why go back to old failing habits?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2020 22:51

URZZZZ

To play who on the left? We have no wingers. Ejaria has been a lot better out on the flank than in the middle and the midfield itself has succinctly improved since the change. Why go back to old failing habits?

Obita, Richards and Baldock have all done it before, why not one of them? There's also McCleary.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jan 2020 22:55

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Obita, Richards and Baldock have all done it before, why not one of them? There's also McCleary.

They’re not bad options (mediocre)

But why change something to drop a player who has had 4/5 good games in a row to fit someone in that position who has looked a lot more at home on the left of midfield anyway?

We saw the Pele, Swift, Ejaria combo fail time and time again this season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2020 23:10

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

But why change something to drop a player who has had 4/5 good games in a row to fit someone in that position who has looked a lot more at home on the left of midfield anyway?

So firstly, that assumes I agree Ejaria is best on the left.

Secondly it doesn't really take into account Adam's age and fitness... expecting him to start every game is unrealistic.

Thirdly you have a fairly selective memory on that midfield trio. Performance under Gomes is hardly relevant and as far as I can tell they've played one league game as a midfield trio under Bowen and we won it: 1-0 v Preston. Plus we did pretty well with Rino, Swift and Ejaria which is broadly the same set up.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jan 2020 23:21

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

So firstly, that assumes I agree Ejaria is best on the left.

Secondly it doesn't really take into account Adam's age and fitness... expecting him to start every game is unrealistic.

Thirdly you have a fairly selective memory on that midfield trio. Performance under Gomes is hardly relevant and as far as I can tell they've played one league game as a midfield trio under Bowen and we won it: 1-0 v Preston. Plus we did pretty well with Rino, Swift and Ejaria which is broadly the same set up.

With Ejaria, on the flanks, you have a greater opportunity of being 1 on 1 against your marker and hence increases the probability of getting past them, take the Fulham game this season. Infact even when Ejaria was in CM in the season, most of his good pieces of play have indeed come drifting from the left. And most would say Ejaria’s greatest strength is his dribbling which you’d normally associate with a player out wide

I think Adams fitness, whilst is a worry, does give him the potential to play 60 minutes minimum every game which isn’t too much of a worry. And even if Adam was unfit to start, I think it’d be a massive kick in the teeth to Rinomhota that the manager is moving players around before putting a natural replacement in

Your third point is fair but whilst Swift and Ejarias defensive work has undoubtedly improved, I’m not sure I’d be entirely confident with them in a three man midfield, certainly against the stronger teams anyway

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Jan 2020 23:40

Ovie's all round game isn't good enough. Like Meite still gaining experience.

Baldock would be better suited playing there. As links play up well.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Jul 2020 15:50

356 posts