BFTG Millwall Away

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Millwall Away

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jan 2020 14:24

Left a league game early for the first time since I started supporting Reading. Left when the second went in. We were truly hopeless, could have played all night and wouldn’t have had a shot on target. So careless with the ball, wayward passes, poor decisions, weak in possession, little movement. Awful individual performances from most people bar Swift who tried but nothing came off, and Morrison who battled away and seemed to make the fewest mistakes of the back 4. Pele was ok.

I still get excited every time Puscas comes on and then it instantly evaporates the moment he gets muscled off the ball so easily, passes it to one of their players or falls down randomly looking for a foul. Meite did his best at convincing people he’s not a professional footballer, Blackett was abysmal and Gunter was Gunter.

Millwall were organised but we made it so easy for their defence, we just didn’t even remotely test them. Completely outplayed and outclassed and second best to an agricultural Millwall side who thoroughly deserved the win.

To top it off it was freezing and I was sober and I’m not bothered if I never go back to that shit tip.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Jan 2020 16:10

URZZZZ
2 world wars, 1 world cup Blackett showing his liability again. Desperate for a decent left back for years. Puscas losing ball lead to their goal. Meite useless. Ejaria wasted on wing. Millwall fans absolute detestable c*nts as usual, spooked the ref who was utter shite. Defence battled well.

But excuses aside, we were totally shit and deserved to lose by more than 2.

Finally a defeat. No big deal. We had it coming. Onwards and upwards.

To be fair, whilst Blackett was poor, his cross in for Swift was a dream ball in, he does have a really good cross on him

Oh absolutely. His two assists for those two back to back Swift goals recently were great. He has quality. Unfortunately his prime role that he absolutely has to nail is left back. Everything else is gravy.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2020 17:04

Wow, that first goal, such a blatant handball. So unlucky the ref was so close to it he was unsighted and missed it. How the lino missed it too is a bit crazy. One thing VAR certainly would have put right.

Should have dealt with it mind, took long enough to go in afterwards.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 19 Jan 2020 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Jan 2020 17:08

bcubed
Didn't think Adam was as bad as some said. On the ball he was ok but looked off the pace otherwise.

Off the pace = defensive liability.

An industrious no frills box to box player is what's required.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 19 Jan 2020 18:36

Lower West
bcubed
Didn't think Adam was as bad as some said. On the ball he was ok but looked off the pace otherwise.

Off the pace = defensive liability.

An industrious no frills box to box player is what's required.

Yeah Adams good when we control possession in midfield and can give him time in the ball. When we are chasing the game or not in control he isn't any good. I feel like against the better / higher intensity teams rhino and pele would be better that Adam and pele...

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Jan 2020 18:55

No one mentioned the ridiculously obvious handball 2 inches from the ref in the build up to their first?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Jan 2020 18:57

Jagermesiter1871 No one mentioned the ridiculously obvious handball 2 inches from the ref in the build up to their first?

You can't be expecting a Championship referee to spot something that far away.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Jan 2020 19:45

Not to mention the blatant handball for their first goal! :x

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Jan 2020 19:48

2 world wars, 1 world cup Not to mention the blatant handball for their first goal! :x

Um.. I think we're talking about the same handball.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jan 2020 07:58

We lost, we were going to lose again at some point and losing at a side who have only lost 6 times all season is hardly a shock.

Important thing is how we react against Forest - tough game but need an improved performance even if it doesn't lead to points.

Play-offs still acheivable with a decent run in but first target still has to be to get the 5 wins we need to get past 50 points as quickly as possible and see where we are.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Jan 2020 08:59

Jagermesiter1871
2 world wars, 1 world cup Not to mention the blatant handball for their first goal! :x

Um.. I think we're talking about the same handball.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2020 09:32

Stranded We lost, we were going to lose again at some point and losing at a side who have only lost 6 times all season is hardly a shock.

Important thing is how we react against Forest - tough game but need an improved performance even if it doesn't lead to points.

Play-offs still acheivable with a decent run in but first target still has to be to get the 5 wins we need to get past 50 points as quickly as possible and see where we are.

We've had a tricky run (in fact, the fixture list has not been kind at all recently) and still do until around 26th February, tbh. Save for Brizzle and Hull at home which are winnable, we've got Cardiff away, Forest away, Sheff Wed away, Leeds away, West Brom at home. And then it's a bit more plain sailing after that, other than Brentford at home, until the end of the season.

If we pick up a few points over the next month then I can still see us being right in the playoff picture, but I won't stress over it too much. Mid-table is good this year.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Jan 2020 09:40

genome Mid-table is good this year.

What an awful attitude to have. Accepting mediocrity. Are you a supporter?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2020 09:43

John Smith

Hi John.

Nice try.

Sincerely,
Genome

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Jan 2020 09:49

John Smith

Given where we’ve been in the last couple of seasons mid-table mediocrity is progress

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Jan 2020 10:07

Only just got around to watching the highlights. Very eye opening. The Ifollow stream changed camera angles in the second half so I was watching the game from an angle above the Millwall goal (it was awful). I assume they did this to cut out the fans misbehaving from the camera?

Anyway the first goal was very different from that angle. To me it looked very much like Gunter and Meite left a man unmarked, but actually it was very unlucky. Meite did well to close down his man and put in a challenge and it unfortunately went to Peles man who had moved closer to the action leaving Pele adrift. Poor defensive positioning but nowhere near as bad as I originally thought.

The handball is hilarious. Obviously cancelled out by a clear penalty that wasnt given but how the ref didnt see that is beyond me.

Other than the sub of McCleary on for Pele I didnt see much wrong with our tactics. We didnt play well but I dont think Bowen should have lined up differently. Just one of those days.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 20 Jan 2020 10:14

Matchday Review Part 1: The Game

You can get a long way in the Championship with a solid 4-4-2, high work rate and a committed xi. I don't think we were that awful, just outfight, outworked and lacking in an extra gear when it mattered. Just as a case in point, I couldn't parse our formation. It looked like 4-1-4-1 at the start, with Pele as the midfield 1 and Meite and Ejariq wide. But we'd often have a lopsided defence, with Hunter well forward, and Baldock was often isolated. Sadly the subs made things more disjointed, and we got punished.

I've seen worse,we'll see better, still got a tough start to the year to get through.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Jan 2020 11:42

Gunny Fishcake Simply beaten by a far better side on the day . Millwall's work rate was exceptional , they worked their socks off and thoroughly deserved their win. We were very poor constantly giving the ball away and never in the game. Several players were well below par with Blackstock being the pick with a truly nightmare performance. We move on.

Spot on analysis.

Top away day making up for the dross we served up on the pitch.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Jan 2020 11:44

Zammo
Gunny Fishcake Simply beaten by a far better side on the day . Millwall's work rate was exceptional , they worked their socks off and thoroughly deserved their win. We were very poor constantly giving the ball away and never in the game. Several players were well below par with Blackstock being the pick with a truly nightmare performance. We move on.

Spot on analysis.

Such good analysis he's mentioned a player who never played for Reading and retired about 5 seasons ago having a mare. Were you in the pub all day?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Jan 2020 11:59

John Smith
Zammo

Spot on analysis.

Such good analysis he's mentioned a player who never played for Reading and retired about 5 seasons ago having a mare. Were you in the pub all day?

I knew who he meant, m8.

And yeah. I'd had four ales before i left the Mad Bishop at midday. Heavy day 8)