We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5752 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Franchise FC » 19 Jan 2020 18:03

bcubed Not watched them for a while but how long has Luke Shaw been so fat?!

Since his first injury I think

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Jan 2020 18:09

Franchise FC
bcubed Not watched them for a while but how long has Luke Shaw been so fat?!

Since his first injury I think

Quality canteen at Carrington!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jan 2020 08:58

Second 2-0 defeat in 4 days then, their 8th of the season yet still somehow 5th.

They will need to win 9 of their last 14 games to avoid recording the fewest number of wins by a United side in the Premier League era.

They will also need to get another 30 points just to equal their worst ever PL season - so W9 D3 L2 or W10 L4.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 09:28

How have they not sacked Ole and offered Poch all the money.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 09:30

NewCorkSeth How have they not sacked Ole and offered Poch all the money.

If you think about it why the hell would Poch want to work with people like Ed Woodward? Would be madness.

If I were Poch I would wait to see what happens with Pep in the summer, could see him leaving City tbh.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2020 09:32

Didn't I hear that there was a rumour that Levy had put something in the terms of his leaving Spurs that he couldn't go to another Prem club?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 09:36

Hendo Didn't I hear that there was a rumour that Levy had put something in the terms of his leaving Spurs that he couldn't go to another Prem club?

It has been rumoured, probably is only for the remainder of the season if that is in place. I think it would be hard to enforce something like that anyway, must be some sort of employment law against it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2020 09:38

Old Man Andrews
Hendo Didn't I hear that there was a rumour that Levy had put something in the terms of his leaving Spurs that he couldn't go to another Prem club?

It has been rumoured, probably is only for the remainder of the season if that is in place. I think it would be hard to enforce something like that anyway, must be some sort of employment law against it.

Yeah, I think it would be until the end of the season. Whether not is actually in his settlement terms or more of a 'gentleman's agreement' could be the thing.
Last edited by Hendo on 23 Jan 2020 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 09:39

But he was sacked? Surely you cant do that.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2020 09:41

NewCorkSeth

It might be compensation related. Remember it is a football contract - normal rules don't necessarily apply.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 09:41

Like Hendo said it could be a deal between Levy and Poch, more a handshake than a written agreement. I wouldn't touch United right now if I were Poch, wait until the end of the season and see whats what. They need a complete top down overhaul, new DoF, chief exec, chairman, chief scout etc etc.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 09:41

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth How have they not sacked Ole and offered Poch all the money.

If you think about it why the hell would Poch want to work with people like Ed Woodward? Would be madness.

If I were Poch I would wait to see what happens with Pep in the summer, could see him leaving City tbh.

I guess because he has a proven track record of improving players and despite how poor United have looked, they have a great academy with lots of players ready to be improved by a proper coach.

Could see him being quite excited to manage Rashford, AWB, James, Greenwood, McTominay etc. Potentially a great team hidden behind the rot.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2020 09:42

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 09:43

Hendo
NewCorkSeth

It might be compensation related. Remember it is a football contract - normal rules don't necessarily apply.

Perhaps yeah. Didnt a former Chelsea manager turn down a load of jobs because he was earning more money from the payoffs from his contract being terminated and if he took a job those payments stopped?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 09:44

NewCorkSeth
Hendo
NewCorkSeth But he was sacked? Surely you cant do that.

Perhaps yeah. Didnt a former Chelsea manager turn down a load of jobs because he was earning more money from the payoffs from his contract being terminated and if he took a job those payments stopped?

Yeah seem to remember something like this. Wasn't it Villas-Boas?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2020 09:44

NewCorkSeth
Hendo

Wouldn't surprise me :lol:

EDIT - AVB when to Spurs right after Chelsea so wasn't him - what a blast from the past though, totally forgot about him!

Wiki says he is managing Marseille, which I didn't know.
Last edited by Hendo on 23 Jan 2020 09:46, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jan 2020 09:45

Hendo
NewCorkSeth

Agreed. as discussed recently on another thread there are sacking and there are sackings. In Italy it is common that a manager is just asked to not to come to work anymore but will still keep getting paid until the end of their contract, unless they get another job, at which point they have essentially volunteered to cancel their contract. This avoids big compensation payouts. There have been clubs who effectively have 3 managers with 2 reported as being sacked over the previous year or 2 but in reality they are sitting at home still being paid for being the manager
Last edited by Winston Biscuit on 23 Jan 2020 09:46, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 09:45

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Hendo

That sounds correct. How long was it before he took the Zenit job?

The Zenit team photo when he was manager there is still the best team photo ever taken.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 09:46

Winston Biscuit
Hendo

Agreed. as discussed recently on another thread there are sacking and there are sackings. In Italy it is common that a manager is just asked to not to come to work anymore but will still keep getting paid until the end of their contract, unless they get another job, at which point they have essentially volunteered to cancel their contract. This avoids big compensation payouts. There have been clubs who effectively have 3 managers with 2 reported as being sacked over the previous year or 2 but in reality they are sitting at home still being paid for being the manager

So gardening leave?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2020 09:47

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Perhaps yeah. Didnt a former Chelsea manager turn down a load of jobs because he was earning more money from the payoffs from his contract being terminated and if he took a job those payments stopped?

That sounds correct. How long was it before he took the Zenit job?

The Zenit team photo when he was manager there is still the best team photo ever taken.

AVB went straight from Chelsea to Spurs.

5752 posts