ArsenaLOL

2279 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: ArsenaLOL

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jan 2020 10:47

Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where?
NewCorkSeth You sure you're not watching Luiz?? Guendouzi is a real talent.

I'm amazed Luiz still gets employed by a top club (cue the "he plays for Arsenal" jokes)

Having said that he's always come across as a daydreaming Sideshow Bob impersonator with a total calamity just up his sleeve.

He has actually been alright this season, he isn't the main culprit at Arsenal. That clown Mustafi is so much worse, I have no idea how he is at a big club like Arsenal tbh. Sokratis is also worse than Luiz.

Let's be honest. They're all not good enough in different ways.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2020 10:48

Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where?
NewCorkSeth You sure you're not watching Luiz?? Guendouzi is a real talent.

I'm amazed Luiz still gets employed by a top club (cue the "he plays for Arsenal" jokes)

Having said that he's always come across as a daydreaming Sideshow Bob impersonator with a total calamity just up his sleeve.

He has actually been alright this season, he isn't the main culprit at Arsenal. That clown Mustafi is so much worse, I have no idea how he is at a big club like Arsenal tbh. Sokratis is also worse than Luiz.

Yeah, I don't mind Luiz tbh. Think he does ok, yeah he has a mistake in him, but I think he is, on the whole, a relatively solid defender. Think he would be quality in a team just outside the top-6. Newcastle, Everton, West Ham - a team like that.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 10:48

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where?

Let's be honest. They're all not good enough in different ways.

Yeah they are all pretty awful, Luiz gets a lot more flack though purely because he is David Luiz. Think he would do quite well at Arsenal if he had a partner at CB who knew what he was doing.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jan 2020 10:49

I dunno, maybe I'm biased. I've always thought he's a twat. My overriding picture is of him sauntering around midfield like a lost 5 year old looking for mummy as Germany scored 4 times in 5 minutes

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 10:51

From Despair To Where? I dunno, maybe I'm biased. I've always thought he's a twat. My overriding picture is of him sauntering around midfield like a lost 5 year old looking for mummy as Germany scored 4 times in 5 minutes

Think his problem is he needs to be playing with players who can mop up his mess for him when it goes wrong. That Brazil side was fragile as oxf*rd and had no spine and its the same with Arsenal at times.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jan 2020 12:35

So basically he's a good player as long as he has better players around him to clear up his mess.

A rich man's Elroy Kromheer, if you like.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 12:36

From Despair To Where? So basically he's a good player as long as he has better players around him to clear up his mess.

Yep. I think there are a few players who fall into that catagory.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jan 2020 12:37

Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where? So basically he's a good player as long as he has better players around him to clear up his mess.

AKA a not very good player.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 12:39

From Despair To Where?
Old Man Andrews

AKA a not very good player.

I think you can be a good player but only under the supervision of others, thats kinda where he fits.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2020 13:27

like when Alex Pearce was made to look good when playing alongside a truly great defender in Kaspers Gorkks.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Jan 2020 14:27

WoodleyRoyal like when Alex Pearce was made to look good when playing alongside a truly great defender in Kaspers Gorkks.

I know, KFOGF (keep food off general football), but we have a really good Kaspars - they do some fantastic desserts.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Feb 2020 09:08

NewCorkSeth How do Tottenham sell Mason for 13 million but Gnabry moves for 5? Is Levy just really good at his job or is there some kind of buyback, Barcelona style deal going on?

Just want to bump this again. True ArsenaLOL.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Feb 2020 09:15

NewCorkSeth
NewCorkSeth How do Tottenham sell Mason for 13 million but Gnabry moves for 5? Is Levy just really good at his job or is there some kind of buyback, Barcelona style deal going on?

He didn't look anything like the player he is today in fairness. Some players are just late bloomers or need to go to a certain club where they feel more comfortable.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Feb 2020 10:44

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth

He didn't look anything like the player he is today in fairness. Some players are just late bloomers or need to go to a certain club where they feel more comfortable.

If you can break into the team at Bayern you should be able to break into the team at Arsenal.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 13:05

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Just want to bump this again. True ArsenaLOL.

If you can break into the team at Bayern you should be able to break into the team at Arsenal.

Not necessarily. The Bundesliga is a complete different playing field to the Prem. Gnabry may look a star against the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham, put him against Burnley on a cold winter night?

Take Di Maria for example

Some players are naturally suited to certain identities/leagues and I'm not sure Gnabry would even have half the success he has had if he had stayed at Arsenal

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Feb 2020 13:17

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews He didn't look anything like the player he is today in fairness. Some players are just late bloomers or need to go to a certain club where they feel more comfortable.

Not necessarily. The Bundesliga is a complete different playing field to the Prem. Gnabry may look a star against the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham, put him against Burnley on a cold winter night?

Some players are naturally suited to certain identities/leagues and I'm not sure Gnabry would even have half the success he has had if he had stayed at Arsenal

Burnley??? BURNLEY????? STOKE IS THE EXAMPLE WE USE ON THIS BOARD. Hang your head in shame.

In reality, I am bot claiming he would have developed the same way. The German league has its advantages. Playing for a team like Bayern does too, particularly when following the likes of Ribery and Robben. He had patience from fans on his side. But the talent was there. It could have been moulded in North London. The premier leagues aversion to taking risks with young players is holding it back from being the truly dominant footballing force it could be. Look at Chelsea this season. Fat Frank is showing how good a player Mount is yet the fans are continually on his back for it. How can he take risks on Reece James when the media spends half it's time shitting on young english talent.

Gnabry was sold without being given a fair shot and was sold well below his market price. That is a fact.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 16:09

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth If you can break into the team at Bayern you should be able to break into the team at Arsenal.

Burnley??? BURNLEY????? STOKE IS THE EXAMPLE WE USE ON THIS BOARD. Hang your head in shame.

In reality, I am bot claiming he would have developed the same way. The German league has its advantages. Playing for a team like Bayern does too, particularly when following the likes of Ribery and Robben. He had patience from fans on his side. But the talent was there. It could have been moulded in North London. The premier leagues aversion to taking risks with young players is holding it back from being the truly dominant footballing force it could be. Look at Chelsea this season. Fat Frank is showing how good a player Mount is yet the fans are continually on his back for it. How can he take risks on Reece James when the media spends half it's time shitting on young english talent.

Gnabry was sold without being given a fair shot and was sold well below his market price. That is a fact.

Think this is a bit away from the truth

13/14 - at the age of 17/18, he was being given starts and appearances. Nothing too much but for a young lad, an impressive feat. Clearly, at this time, he wasn't as good as Podolski, Walcott, Ozil etc and considering Arsenal were pushing for the title this season, it's hard to imagine him playing much more than he did

14/15 - injured pretty much the entire season. That's no-one's fault yet clearly when a player has a long term injury, it takes them a while to get back into the swing of things. Which leads me onto...

15/16 - went to WBA on loan and failed, barely got a kick at a much lower team than Arsenal

So taking those three seasons into account, am I surprised he wasn't playing much at Arsenal? Not really
You could say he was sold below his market price but Wenger still wanted to renew his contract, yet Gnabry didn't want to. Easier for Arsenal to sell him for a little bit rather than nothing at the end of his contract

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Feb 2020 16:12

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

13/14 - at the age of 17/18, he was being given starts and appearances. Nothing too much but for a young lad, an impressive feat. Clearly, at this time, he wasn't as good as Podolski, Walcott, Ozil etc and considering Arsenal were pushing for the title this season, it's hard to imagine him playing much more than he did

14/15 - injured pretty much the entire season. That's no-one's fault yet clearly when a player has a long term injury, it takes them a while to get back into the swing of things. Which leads me onto...

15/16 - went to WBA on loan and failed, barely got a kick at a much lower team than Arsenal

So taking those three seasons into account, am I surprised he wasn't playing much at Arsenal? Not really
You could say he was sold below his market price but Wenger still wanted to renew his contract, yet Gnabry didn't want to. Easier for Arsenal to sell him for a little bit rather than nothing at the end of his contract

Harsh to judge him on his time at WBA, not really the player that springs to mind when considering a Tony Pulis starting XI :wink:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 17:28

Hendo
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth Burnley??? BURNLEY????? STOKE IS THE EXAMPLE WE USE ON THIS BOARD. Hang your head in shame.

Harsh to judge him on his time at WBA, not really the player that springs to mind when considering a Tony Pulis starting XI :wink:

I sympathise with the view point but let’s not forget, he made Berahino look decent for a while :wink:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Feb 2020 23:20

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2279 posts