Pedro Mendes

249 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pedro Mendes

by URZZZZ » 25 Jan 2020 23:30

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal URZZZ hating on perfectly decent player shocker.

If “perfectly decent” player is a player bought for 4 million pounds, constantly giving goals away and regularly finding themselves 3rd choice behind Paul McShane and John O’Shea, then I’d like to see your definition of a poor player

Aluko.

I also don't recognise your description of him.

16/17 - barely got a kick, behind Blackett, Moore and McShane in the CB roles
17/18 - rarely played until Jan, even at McShane’s worst, only started playing because of McShane’s injury too
18/19 - actually started the season well, but went back to his usual self, and was dropped for John O’Shea for five or six games before getting injured

I’m not sure which part you don’t recognise?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2020 00:36

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
If “perfectly decent” player is a player bought for 4 million pounds, constantly giving goals away and regularly finding themselves 3rd choice behind Paul McShane and John O’Shea, then I’d like to see your definition of a poor player

Aluko.

17/18 - rarely played until Jan, even at McShane’s worst, only started playing because of McShane’s injury too
18/19 - actually started the season well, but went back to his usual self, and was dropped for John O’Shea for five or six games before getting injured

Well the bit you've conveniently ignored stood out the most.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Jan 2020 13:47

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Aluko.

He constantly made mistakes! Would go from being a world beater one game to being a liability the next two

Three errors leading to goals in one game sort of shows that

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jan 2020 14:02

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

He constantly made mistakes! Would go from being a world beater one game to being a liability the next two

That criticism could be levelled at all of current defenders. Morrison has had mares, Moore's had howlers. Illori had the makings of a decent CB. Must admit I was disappointed when he went but we replaced him well.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Jan 2020 14:32

According to jlow this a no go

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Jan 2020 16:43

WoodleyRoyal According to jlow this a no go

The Ilori argument or the rumoured player?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2020 16:53

Is our late summer spending coming back to haunt us with little wiggle room for more signings? Especially with you know who back?

It seems unusually quiet.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2020 16:58

Snowflake Royal Is our late summer spending coming back to haunt us with little wiggle room for more signings? Especially with you know who back?

Surely the usual state is it is quiet and then we suddenly sign someone no one had anticipated ?

We'll have known well ahead what our finances were for this window and Aluko's return didn't come as a shock, it will have been budgeted for,
I don't think we need to make panic signings anyway, a short term loan centre forward until Joao is back is about all really.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2020 17:06

Nameless
Snowflake Royal Is our late summer spending coming back to haunt us with little wiggle room for more signings? Especially with you know who back?

Surely the usual state is it is quiet and then we suddenly sign someone no one had anticipated ?

We'll have known well ahead what our finances were for this window and Aluko's return didn't come as a shock, it will have been budgeted for,
I don't think we need to make panic signings anyway, a short term loan centre forward until Joao is back is about all really.

It's 26th of Jan, there haven't been many rumours and no signings that I can think of. I'd say that's unusual.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2020 17:14

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

It's 26th of Jan, there haven't been many rumours and no signings that I can think of. I'd say that's unusual.

not sure a lack of made up rumours is a bad thing though !
Probably reflects the fact that we're not really in need of making any signings.
I would say the slightly stranger thing is the lack of outward moves, nothing for Mannone, few of the youngsters going out. Been pretty quiet all round.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Jan 2020 18:00

WoodleyRoyal According to jlow this a no go

Signed by tomorrow lunchtime then.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Jan 2020 19:28

I do wonder if Mannone not oxf*rd off has had an influence on who we can bring in. I mentioned on the the Mannone thread and gaz backed it up. He was the highest earner at the club but Gaz said Moore took that that accolade when he sighed his new deal. From what I heard he was on 30k pw. And before anyone scoffs at that, remember this was a gourlay signing :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2020 19:50

WoodleyRoyal

I do wonder if Mannone not oxf*rd off has had an influence on who we can bring in. I mentioned on the the Mannone thread and gaz backed it up. He was the highest earner at the club but Gaz said Moore took that that accolade when he sighed his new deal. From what I heard he was on 30k pw. And before anyone scoffs at that, remember this was a gourlay signing :roll:

30k seems a bit high, but not crazily so as a former PL keeper and our mental spending.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jan 2020 20:23

I’d suggest Aluko and Mannone still being on the wage bill is indeed having quite a big influence on our dealings

Interesting, someone else pointed this out, that Boye didn’t play yesterday. Do wonder if that’s a loan we’re trying to get back

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Jan 2020 21:43

Hound I’d suggest Aluko and Mannone still being on the wage bill is indeed having quite a big influence on our dealings

Interesting, someone else pointed this out, that Boye didn’t play yesterday. Do wonder if that’s a loan we’re trying to get back

Barrow and McNulty still on the wage bill.

Boye will be on the subs bench next week. Two games in 3 days. Anything could happen.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Jan 2020 23:40

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Well the bit you've conveniently ignored stood out the most.

That criticism could be levelled at all of current defenders. Morrison has had mares, Moore's had howlers. Illori had the makings of a decent CB. Must admit I was disappointed when he went but we replaced him well.

Different extents though

Generally, you know what you’ll get with Moore and Morrison. They’ll make the odd error, but on the whole they’re consistent. I really like them as a duo, although I feel for Miazga who’s fallen victim to formation change/injury

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Jan 2020 07:49

Lower West
Hound I’d suggest Aluko and Mannone still being on the wage bill is indeed having quite a big influence on our dealings

Boye will be on the subs bench next week. Two games in 3 days. Anything could happen.

I don't think we're paying Barrow's wages ...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2020 08:46

Royalwaster
Lower West

it'd have been a really odd transfer if we were. It still confuses me a bit tbh, there were rumours of teams buying him for 2-3m and then we loan him out instead. Would have thought a sale would have been better for us

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jan 2020 09:04

Hound
Royalwaster
Lower West

it'd have been a really odd transfer if we were. It still confuses me a bit tbh, there were rumours of teams buying him for 2-3m and then we loan him out instead. Would have thought a sale would have been better for us

At the time he didn't fit our system. It will be interesting what we do in the summer when he's back considering we play with wingers again.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Jan 2020 10:18

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

May just be me but hasn't the window been pretty quiet across the board - been very little in terms of movement or rumours not involving Inter buying surplus PL players.

249 posts