VAR

1731 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: VAR

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 00:43

Re the Everton decision at the end, you have to question why Sigurdsson was on the floor in the first place. You can see he was clearly taken out by AWB just before he shot, so should surely have been given a penalty. Then the decision itself is questionable

Utter farce once again

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 10:11

URZZZZ Re the Everton decision at the end, you have to question why Sigurdsson was on the floor in the first place. You can see he was clearly taken out by AWB just before he shot, so should surely have been given a penalty. Then the decision itself is questionable

Utter farce once again

It wasn't, he was offside.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 12:39

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Re the Everton decision at the end, you have to question why Sigurdsson was on the floor in the first place. You can see he was clearly taken out by AWB just before he shot, so should surely have been given a penalty. Then the decision itself is questionable

Utter farce once again

Was he blocking De Gea’s line of sight?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 12:42

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

Utter farce once again

Doesn't need to be blocking it. He potentially caused the goalkeeper to be distracted whilst in an offside position.

Are you arguing with all the ex-professional referees who say this was the right call? Do you know more than them?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 12:44

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews It wasn't, he was offside.

Doesn't need to be blocking it. He potentially caused the goalkeeper to be distracted whilst in an offside position.

Are you arguing with all the ex-professional referees who say this was the right call? Do you know more than them?

I wasn’t particularly arguing, I was just generally asking the question because I’m not too sure of the rules around the offside rule

Point still stands that the reason Sigurdsson was on the floor was because he was fouled by AWB and hence a penalty should have been given

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Mar 2020 14:33

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

I wasn’t particularly arguing, I was just generally asking the question because I’m not too sure of the rules around the offside rule

Point still stands that the reason Sigurdsson was on the floor was because he was fouled by AWB and hence a penalty should have been given

Do not take notice of OMA. He is wrong as per usual.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Mar 2020 14:40

Simmops
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Doesn't need to be blocking it. He potentially caused the goalkeeper to be distracted whilst in an offside position.

Not on this one he isn't.
Sadly, it was rightly chalked off.

Separately, all this clamour about the Man City corner from which they scored. Where's the clamour when a goal kick is wrongly given when the corner may have led to a goal ?
If we use VAR for that, then we may as well not have a pitch referee at all and simply officiate via the tv screens

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 14:45

Simmops
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Doesn't need to be blocking it. He potentially caused the goalkeeper to be distracted whilst in an offside position.

Think you can go a day without trying to bait him and mention his name?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Mar 2020 14:46

URZZZZ
Simmops
URZZZZ

Think you can go a day without trying to bait him and mention his name?

Okay tomorrow and the rest of the day

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 14:47

The answer is no Urzzz, he shouldn't be here really. We might not agree on anything but at least we can have a discussion. He is on ignore for everyone's sake, he isn't worthy of a response.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Mar 2020 15:41

Franchise FC Separately, all this clamour about the Man City corner from which they scored. Where's the clamour when a goal kick is wrongly given when the corner may have led to a goal ?

As VAR is supposed to fix clear and obvious errors that lead to goals it doesn't apply if there's no goal

Obvs

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Mar 2020 19:56

Silver Fox
Franchise FC Separately, all this clamour about the Man City corner from which they scored. Where's the clamour when a goal kick is wrongly given when the corner may have led to a goal ?

As VAR is supposed to fix clear and obvious errors that lead to goals it doesn't apply if there's no goal

Obvs

Oh, it's the GPS (goal prevention system)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Mar 2020 12:45

VAR has got to go...really wasn't sure if that goal counted or not. It looked like a push tbf

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Mar 2020 13:25

Clear push, don’t know if it’s worse if the VAR ref missed it or if they’ve decided it was before the attacking phase :roll:

Also, VAR meaning the linesman didn’t bother to flag Mané offside when Trent smashed the ball across the goal, fortunately for Bournemouth, Liverpool didn’t score from the subsequent corner

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 07 Mar 2020 14:35

BR0B0T VAR has got to go...really wasn't sure if that goal counted or not. It looked like a push tbf

Very fair of you Brobot-I can't believe that a free-kick wasn't given for the blatant push.
As the commentators said, the game was played as if pushing was now allowed as part of the game.
Dreadful refereeing performance by Tierney.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Mar 2020 15:00

Obvs I was delighted it stood...but you just can't celebrate goals now*

Was pretty sure it was going to be chalked off...a little bit confused to what was going on with the process...then they restarted

It's total vvank

*not like you could before the EU

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Mar 2020 15:01

...and VAR has been brilliant for Utd in the last 5 or 6 games!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Mar 2020 17:58

It’s ok because it’s Spurs, but how does the Burnley goal stand when O’Neill clearly has the ball hit his arm before the cross from which they score.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 08 Mar 2020 17:17

more VAR bullshit

Otamendi kicks Fred...Fred gets booked for diving.

May not have been a pen but defo not a dive

Maybe have a look at it!

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 08 Mar 2020 17:36

[quote="BR0B0T"]more VAR bullshit

Otamendi kicks Fred...Fred gets booked for diving.

May not have been a pen but defo not a dive

Maybe have a look at it![/quote]

If Fred was kicked, why can it not be a pen?

1731 posts