The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Simmops » 04 Mar 2020 08:47

According to my sources Dortmund are about to break their club record fee for Jude Bellingham for 30 million.

Not sure what is more mental. The fact that their record fee is 30 mill or that Jude Bellingham at 16 will be playing there and is worth that much.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Jun 2020 19:34

Barca & Juve agree a swap deal for Arthur and Pjanic with Juve paying €10m.

The values of the players are treated as Pjanic being €60m and Arthur being €70m.

Weird deal all round (i see swiss ramble suggesting it may be for accountancy reasons)

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Jul 2020 10:45

Leroy Sane to Bayern for €50M rising to €60M

Sane has reportedly agreed a deal of €425k a week :shock:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Jul 2020 11:26

One to mention when clubs plead poverty after the Covids (no Matt Hancock-o)

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 01 Jul 2020 17:14

If Leeds go up they will have to pay Leipzig 21 million Euros for Augustin. He has played 50 minutes for Leeds so far.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jul 2020 17:20

Simmops If Leeds go up they will have to pay Leipzig 21 million Euros for Augustin. He has played 50 minutes for Leeds so far.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26730/jean-kevin-augustin-loan-comes-to-an-end

:?:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 01 Jul 2020 17:41

Hendo
Simmops If Leeds go up they will have to pay Leipzig 21 million Euros for Augustin. He has played 50 minutes for Leeds so far.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26730/jean-kevin-augustin-loan-comes-to-an-end

I read fake news!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballle ... nited/amp/

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jul 2020 20:24

Simmops
Hendo

I read fake news!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballle ... nited/amp/

One to keep an eye on I guess. Would be funny if they got promoted and they had to buy him even if they didn’t want him.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Jul 2020 19:52

how are players being transferred* if the transfer window is open until July 10th? (iirc)

Sane, Werner etc

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jul 2020 20:27

Nathan Ake to join Man City for £35m.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Jul 2020 21:28

Old Man Andrews Nathan Ake to join Man City for £35m.

Good signing I think, Stones and Otamendi just aren’t good enough
Still reckon they’ll need another top class CB but also depends on how much Pep fancies Garcia

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jul 2020 13:11

Seriously :shock: yes he’s a good player but not £35m in my book.

Nice to see Man City leading by example in these austere times!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jul 2020 13:13

Sutekh

Seriously :shock:

Nice to see Man City leading by example in these austere times - not!

Reckon they will offload Otamendi and Stones though, they also have Garcia playing first team football who will be on very low wages (compared to their other players) and Ake wouldn't be on as much as Stones or Otamendi I wouldn't have thought. Could be very good business.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Jul 2020 13:17

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh

Reckon they will offload Otamendi and Stones though, they also have Garcia playing first team football who will be on very low wages (compared to their other players) and Ake wouldn't be on as much as Stones or Otamendi I wouldn't have thought. Could be very good business.

Laporte was a big loss for them this season.

I think they'll keep Stones, I think you need to have so many domestic players for European registration, and look to move Otamendi on.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jul 2020 13:20

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Sutekh

I think they'll keep Stones, I think you need to have so many domestic players for European registration, and look to move Otamendi on.

Doesn't Ake count as home grown due to being trained as a youngster with Chelsea?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Jul 2020 13:22

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Reckon they will offload Otamendi and Stones though, they also have Garcia playing first team football who will be on very low wages (compared to their other players) and Ake wouldn't be on as much as Stones or Otamendi I wouldn't have thought. Could be very good business.

Doesn't Ake count as home grown due to being trained as a youngster with Chelsea?

Oh yeah, I guess he would. But a club like City might need one or two more :wink:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Jul 2020 15:23

Hendo

One to keep an eye on I guess. Would be funny if they got promoted and they had to buy him even if they didn’t want him.

"Speaking in an interview with Kicker, RB Leipzig sporting director Markus Krösche has stated that Leeds United must exercise their purchase option on Jean-Kévin Augustin following their promotion.

“Leeds have been promoted, which means the purchase option has been activated. When the contractual agreements were negotiated in January, all involved parties were in complete control of their actions. I expect that things will now move in the appropriate decision,” said Krösche.

Augustin’s loan deal expired on June 30 and so the Frenchman returned to Germany after playing just three games. The extension of the football season has created somewhat of a grey area, with reports suggesting Leeds United won’t be paying the €21 million to make Augustin’s loan move permanent after failing to impress.

As our colleagues at Get French Football News note, it will depend on the wording within the contract as to whether Leeds United are legally obliged to exercise their option on Augustin, despite his loan ending on June 30, and Leeds United’s promotion coming after that date"

from the horses mouth so definatley not fake news, this could turn very ugly for leeds, such a shame :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Jul 2020 15:56

WoodleyRoyal
Hendo

"Speaking in an interview with Kicker, RB Leipzig sporting director Markus Krösche has stated that Leeds United must exercise their purchase option on Jean-Kévin Augustin following their promotion.

“Leeds have been promoted, which means the purchase option has been activated. When the contractual agreements were negotiated in January, all involved parties were in complete control of their actions. I expect that things will now move in the appropriate decision,” said Krösche.

Augustin’s loan deal expired on June 30 and so the Frenchman returned to Germany after playing just three games. The extension of the football season has created somewhat of a grey area, with reports suggesting Leeds United won’t be paying the €21 million to make Augustin’s loan move permanent after failing to impress.

As our colleagues at Get French Football News note, it will depend on the wording within the contract as to whether Leeds United are legally obliged to exercise their option on Augustin, despite his loan ending on June 30, and Leeds United’s promotion coming after that date"

from the horses mouth so definatley not fake news, this could turn very ugly for leeds, such a shame :lol:

Ooof, this is one which could rumble on.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Jul 2020 16:04

Chelsea likely to add Kai Havertz to the signing of Timo Werner. Certainly appear to be the only club with any material amount of cash. And difficult to feel they won't challenge next season. They do need a centre-back though (who isn't the returning Matt Miazga).

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jul 2020 15:28

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-retire-number-22-18650110

Birmingham City will retire the number 22 shirt following Jude Bellingham's transfer to Borussia Dortmund

WTAF?! :lol:

10373 posts