No
85%

Total votes: 75
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Bowen out rumour

by paultheroyal » 25 Aug 2020 12:25

New manager loaned to us "for free" along with all the backroom staff. All off our wage bill. New way of working, freeing up funds for transfers and players wages - game on!! ;-)

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Aug 2020 12:29

Millsy Erm... wtf is going on?

Noone was expecting this. I suggested possibly Xmas time if we're not doing well but now!???

Anyway, it could be a blessing in disguise for Bowen. The safest thing for his longevity at RFC is to move up to DOF rather than chance another few more months as manager then get sacked and there be no role for him to go back to.

We also don't know what was said when he was appointed. It took us (and him) by surprise when he was appointed didn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case of not wanting to rock the boat too much with financial constraints etc so jsut gettign Bowen in to steady things while they look for the man they want, with th offchance that he may turn into a star manager. And now that he hasn't (not bad but not brilliant) they're thinking they gave it a go and now will get someone else in. i.e. Bowen may well have been aware all along.

Good point...also same re Howe, I'm sure his appointment was only an interim one.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 25 Aug 2020 13:25

SouthDownsRoyal
RFCMod
WoodleyRoyal
Reckon they have a goosey from time to time. I heard on the grapevine DD is Dai’s favourite poster.

Dickie Davis ?

Is Dickie Davis on hna?

You just never know these days

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Aug 2020 13:47

New manager is only the right decision if the right man comes in which no one will know until at least 3-4 months after the appointment. From the fan’s perspective the club needs to give itself the best chance and therefore should be looking to recruit someone with experience in the Championship and who knows the market reasonably well.

IMO stay with Mark Bowen though as, based on his results last season, at least the club looks capable of a top 10 challenge/finish. Plus that means you don’t have to use what meagre funds FFP still allows to pay up the contracts of Eddie Niedzwiecki and other coaches that may no longer be wanted under a new regime.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Aug 2020 14:34

Great time to change manager! Our great community club is now a just hollow shell. Do our owners care? One suspects not. The owners deserve relegation for their mismanagement over recent years.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 25 Aug 2020 14:50

Sutekh New manager is only the right decision if the right man comes in which no one will know until at least 3-4 months after the appointment. From the fan’s perspective the club needs to give itself the best chance and therefore should be looking to recruit someone with experience in the Championship and who knows the market reasonably well.

IMO stay with Mark Bowen though as, based on his results last season, at least the club looks capable of a top 10 challenge/finish. Plus that means you don’t have to use what meagre funds FFP still allows to pay up the contracts of Eddie Niedzwiecki and other coaches that may no longer be wanted under a new regime.

Our results weren’t great after lockdown though were they.I agree however the timing is poor.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2020 17:23

Westwood52
Sutekh New manager is only the right decision if the right man comes in which no one will know until at least 3-4 months after the appointment. From the fan’s perspective the club needs to give itself the best chance and therefore should be looking to recruit someone with experience in the Championship and who knows the market reasonably well.

Our results weren’t great after lockdown though were they.I agree however the timing is poor.

Lots of reasons to write off lockdown.

Virtually safe already
No crowds
Broken rhythm
Fitness issues
Squad full of players leaving

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Aug 2020 17:43

I really don't know what to think any more. I'm lost for words. On the face of it, it all seems so self destructive and arse-brained.

We just seem to be doing absolutely everything that a club in our position shouldn't be doing.

To be fair to Stanojovic though, he does have an OK managerial record and bags of experience working for nutters.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2020 17:53

Gonna save me money on ST and railfare at least.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 25 Aug 2020 17:55

From Despair To Where? I really don't know what to think any more. I'm lost for words. On the face of it, it all seems so self destructive and arse-brained.

We just seem to be doing absolutely everything that a club in our position shouldn't be doing.

To be fair to Stanojovic though, he does have an OK managerial record and bags of experience working for nutters.

Everyone said that it was the apocalypse when Bowen was appointed and now he's as close to our hearts as McDermott or that other one in 2005. I, for one, am really excited about a new manager, and I'm sure Bowen will be delighted to receive a promotion to the board.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Aug 2020 18:04

Sebastian the Red
From Despair To Where? I really don't know what to think any more. I'm lost for words. On the face of it, it all seems so self destructive and arse-brained.

Everyone said that it was the apocalypse when Bowen was appointed and now he's as close to our hearts as McDermott or that other one in 2005. I, for one, am really excited about a new manager, and I'm sure Bowen will be delighted to receive a promotion to the board.

You’re joking, right?

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 25 Aug 2020 18:09

SouthDownsRoyal
Sebastian the Red

You’re joking, right?

No, not at all. I think people definitely hold that one in high regard because he was quite successful.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Aug 2020 09:42

WestYorksRoyal Hope the owners see this poll and take it into account.

Maybe they did :mrgreen:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Aug 2020 09:49

SouthDownsRoyal
WestYorksRoyal Hope the owners see this poll and take it into account.

Maybe they did :mrgreen:

8)

elrey

by elrey » 27 Aug 2020 08:15

The getreading,co.uk has Veljko Paunovic coming in. He's got a 31% win ratio with Chicago Fire. He had one good season, finishing 3rd in the Eastern Conference (some silly thing where they split the league for seemingly no reason, when they all played each other anyway)

Seems after that he just got worse and worse.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Aug 2020 08:17

elrey The getreading,co.uk has Veljko Paunovic coming in. He's got a 31% win ratio with Chicago Fire. He had one good season, finishing 3rd in the Eastern Conference (some silly thing where they split the league for seemingly no reason, when they all played each other anyway)

It is so they can have playoffs at the end of it with East v West in the final. Quite simple really, even for you.

elrey

by elrey » 27 Aug 2020 08:19

Old Man Andrews
elrey The getreading,co.uk has Veljko Paunovic coming in. He's got a 31% win ratio with Chicago Fire. He had one good season, finishing 3rd in the Eastern Conference (some silly thing where they split the league for seemingly no reason, when they all played each other anyway)

It is so they can have playoffs at the end of it with East v West in the final. Quite simple really, even for you.

It's a shame this forum doesn't have a block function.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Aug 2020 08:23

elrey
Old Man Andrews

You don't understand football and I educated you, simple as that.

elrey

by elrey » 27 Aug 2020 08:25

Old Man Andrews
elrey
Old Man Andrews It is so they can have playoffs at the end of it with East v West in the final. Quite simple really, even for you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Aug 2020 08:28

elrey
Old Man Andrews
elrey

FYI

https://blog.betway.com/football/mls/ml ... explained/