RUMOUR: Rafael

111 posts
Old Man Andrews

RUMOUR: Rafael

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Sep 2020 09:31

Rafael has confirmed there are two Premier League clubs interested in him.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 09 Sep 2020 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

donh99

Re: Rafael

by donh99 » 09 Sep 2020 09:34

Old Man Andrews Rafael has confirmed there are two Premier League clubs interested in him.

Source?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Sep 2020 09:34

Shit. Hopefully can convince him to stay and at least see what happens this season.

Old Man Andrews

Re: RUMOUR: Rafael

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Sep 2020 09:35

donh99
Old Man Andrews Rafael has confirmed there are two Premier League clubs interested in him.

Source?

Himself. :roll:
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 09 Sep 2020 09:51, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Sep 2020 09:36

Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 09 Sep 2020 09:51, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Sep 2020 09:37

Very good keeper but there a lot of very good keepers out there, so if we get a decent bid for him, I will wish him well.

4m is my arbitary figure.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Sep 2020 10:12

Stranded Very good keeper but there a lot of very good keepers out there, so if we get a decent bid for him, I will wish him well.

That is a hell of a lot of money for him. Bear in mind he was a free transfer so anything is a bonus really, especially when you consider his wage and probable replacement, Southwood, saving the club money. Would think the club will take anything north of a million.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Sep 2020 10:26

Good keeper but nowhere near Emi in terms of quality. a loss yes. massive loss no.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Sep 2020 10:28

Old Man Andrews
Stranded Very good keeper but there a lot of very good keepers out there, so if we get a decent bid for him, I will wish him well.

That is a hell of a lot of money for him. Bear in mind he was a free transfer so anything is a bonus really, especially when you consider his wage and probable replacement, Southwood, saving the club money. Would think the club will take anything north of a million.

What he cost has no baring on what they cost - look at some of the figures Brentford are getting - compared to what they paid.

He clearly wants to play in the PL and he will have always seen us as a stepping stone - will be interesting who starts on Saturday.

4m is just an arbitary figure but when you consider Ramsdale went for 16m, it feels fair but we'll see. Would imagine Villa are an interested party as they are clearly on the look out for a keeper but don't want to pay the 20m they are being quoted for Martinez.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Sep 2020 10:29

Would be sad to see him go but he’s not irreplaceable and I’d not be worried if Southwood stepped up and Walker and the youngsters provided back up.
Would expect a fee much nearer to Stranded’s than OMA’s to be honest, a million would be ridiculous and doubt we’d be interested.
Not sure of the logic of the price being based on what we paid for him in any way. When was that ever relevant in transfer deals ? Does that set the level for selling Aluko ?

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Sep 2020 10:33

I suspect a million wouldn't even cover the wages we've shelled out for him over the last 12 months.

Given the regard he's held in, anything south of £3-4m would be disappointing. That article reads a lot like agent talk though.

As other say, he's not irreplaceable, and it's a position where we've got cover, but definitely one of our more consistent performers and I think I'd be sad to see him go.

retro royal

by retro royal » 09 Sep 2020 10:56

A decent fee, think I'd like to see Southwood offered new contract, and sure he'll do a good job for us

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Sep 2020 10:58

Would be disappointed if we lost him, tbh.

Shouldn't really be letting him go for any less than £5m seeing as he is a key player.

I don't understand how "discussions have happened" if we haven't accepted a bid?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 09 Sep 2020 11:42

3-4 million, sign a older back up and give Southwood a chance. I still don't trust Walker and would prefer an experienced back up if things don't go well with Southwood. A Jordan Archer, or David Stockdale ilk player.

Either that or sign Luca Zidane it would at least sell more season tickets to the ladies. as my wife puts it 'he is a dream'

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 09 Sep 2020 11:56

Nuts if we fight to keep swift, who we don't need, but let Rafael go.

All the commenters saying he's not indispensable have short memories. When was the last time we had a decent keeper on a permanent contract?

And what does it matter what we paid for him? Doesn't impact his transfer value one iota. To sell him for anything less than a shit load of money would be a travesty.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Sep 2020 12:02

linkenholtroyal 3-4 million, sign a older back up and give Southwood a chance. I still don't trust Walker and would prefer an experienced back up if things don't go well with Southwood. A Jordan Archer, or David Stockdale ilk player.

Either that or sign Luca Zidane it would at least sell more season tickets to the ladies. as my wife puts it 'he is a dream'

We’ve already got an experienced back up, his name is Sam Walker :wink:

In for signing Luca Zidane for the memes. Just need to get Pele back.

Rafael has been a solid if unspectacular keeper for us. I’d be a little surprised if any bigger clubs wanted to make him first choice. Given that we have a strong alternative, I’d not be disappointed with £1m, but agree with the consensus that £4m is probably closer to a fair fee.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Sep 2020 12:13

JimmytheJim Nuts if we fight to keep swift, who we don't need, but let Rafael go.

All the commenters saying he's not indispensable have short memories. When was the last time we had a decent keeper on a permanent contract?

And what does it matter what we paid for him? Doesn't impact his transfer value one iota. To sell him for anything less than a shit load of money would be a travesty.

Swift is our only creative player who has a strong track record at this level. Meite is a good goalscorer but doesn’t create much. Ejaria and Olise are a long way behind him and each created less than half as many chances per 90 as him last season. Holsgrove is only proven at third tier level, and we might be selling him anyway.

Contrastingly we have a battery of solid young goalkeepers, and in Southwood’s case one who has proven himself at a similar level.

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Sep 2020 12:18

SCIAG
linkenholtroyal 3-4 million, sign a older back up and give Southwood a chance. I still don't trust Walker and would prefer an experienced back up if things don't go well with Southwood. A Jordan Archer, or David Stockdale ilk player.

We’ve already got an experienced back up, his name is Sam Walker :wink:

In for signing Luca Zidane for the memes. Just need to get Pele back.

Rafael has been a solid if unspectacular keeper for us. I’d be a little surprised if any bigger clubs wanted to make him first choice. Given that we have a strong alternative, I’d not be disappointed with £1m, but agree with the consensus that £4m is probably closer to a fair fee.

Looking at it, I can't think of a club besides Fulham or West Brom where he'd have a chance of starting.

Cynic in me wonders, after Blackett's comments yesterday, if this could be his agent looking for an escape route.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Sep 2020 12:22

I doubt being number 1 would be a big deal for Rafael. He’d get a big bike in wages and forever be able to refer to himself as Premier League player.
Hard to see us letting him go cheap and I suspect there are loads of clubs who make vague enquiries about players without actually going on to do anything more.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 09 Sep 2020 12:31

SCIAG
JimmytheJim Nuts if we fight to keep swift, who we don't need, but let Rafael go.

Swift is our only creative player who has a strong track record at this level. Meite is a good goalscorer but doesn’t create much. Ejaria and Olise are a long way behind him and each created less than half as many chances per 90 as him last season. Holsgrove is only proven at third tier level, and we might be selling him anyway.

Contrastingly we have a battery of solid young goalkeepers, and in Southwood’s case one who has proven himself at a similar level.

A handful of games in the SPL is proving yourself now?

We have two other highly-rated players who play in Swift's positions. On the other hand, we have had a recurring nightmare in the GK position for years. You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

111 posts