Rumour- Lewis Gibson

124 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Rumour- Lewis Gibson

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2020 07:52

19 yo CB/LB from Everton. Apparently we are after him on loan. According to one ov the ITK accounts over on Twitter, he's already visited the club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour- Lewis Gibson

by Hound » 19 Sep 2020 08:11

Sounds quite good

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Sep 2020 08:41

Stranded 19 yo CB/LB from Everton. Apparently we are after him on loan. According to one ov the ITK accounts over on Twitter, he's already visited the club, when he was six, on the way to his Grandad's in Thatcham.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Sep 2020 09:11

Was thinking we should try and get Max Kilman from Wolves. Local lad, and can play LB and CB.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 19 Sep 2020 10:01

Hope he is better than the previous Everton loanee.....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Sep 2020 11:57

Lewis Gibson, 20 year old centre back born in Durham

Liverpool Echo says VP impressed during talks(!) Ancelotti rates the lad very highly and was thinking of keeping Gibson around the Everton squad this season.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... n-18961871

9 apps on loan at Fleetwood last season and has represented England at u18, u19 and u20.

Season long loan but there is a “break” clause meaning the player can be recalled in January.

Hope he doesn’t talk to Mr Virginia before arriving ...

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Sep 2020 12:04

CB & LB is valuable versatility given our reliance on Richards. Think this would be a good signing.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Sep 2020 12:13

WestYorksRoyal CB & LB is valuable versatility given our reliance on Richards. Think this would be a good signing.

As long as. It is a simple cover and not pushing our own players out of the side.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Sep 2020 12:58

Nameless
WestYorksRoyal CB & LB is valuable versatility given our reliance on Richards. Think this would be a good signing.

As long as. It is a simple cover and not pushing our own players out of the side.

I’d rather get this guy in and send our lot on loan to get game time.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Sep 2020 13:08

CountryRoyal
Nameless

I’d rather get this guy in and send our lot on loan to get game time.

With McIntyre’s injury plagued start to his short career so far, it makes perfect sense IMO to bring in another body there

Wouldn’t be against sending Holmes out on loan for the season regardless, personally doesn’t look quite ready for me yet but that’s on a limited sample of games

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 20 Sep 2020 17:04

To be honest if this guy is brought in its cover for Richards something we desperately need. If we sign Ng aswell defence can be ticked off as done. First team regulars and Ng, Holmes, McIntyre and Gibson as second string, more than good enough to cover.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Sep 2020 17:17

We seem to be getting linked tolots of players but not actually signing any of them.
Even Riquelme, who has now been here so long he qualifies to play for England, hasn’t actually signed.
Does this suggest many of this connections are in accurate, or are we genuinely struggling to complete these deals.
In the past we’d generally kept deals under wraps until they were done, are we getting a bit sloppy ?
Or is it just a shortage of club scarves which is delaying the public announcement if the 5-6 signings wewere promised ?

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 20 Sep 2020 17:22

Pretty sure it's the scarves.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Sep 2020 17:24

JimmytheJim Pretty sure it's the scarves.

That’s ok then.
Was worried Liverpool were ringing round and turning clubs against us.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 20 Sep 2020 18:05

Seems this one is actually happening supposed to sign early next week. A left footed centre back isn’t easy to find and I think it’s a big risk insisting with Holmes and McIntyre as backups and allows us to adopt a 3 centre back system when we need to. I don’t think we should be considering him as a backup left back though- perhaps try sign a young one from a premier league clubs U23s?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Sep 2020 10:17

TiagoIlori Seems this one is actually happening supposed to sign early next week. A left footed centre back isn’t easy to find and I think it’s a big risk insisting with Holmes and McIntyre as backups and allows us to adopt a 3 centre back system when we need to. I don’t think we should be considering him as a backup left back though- perhaps try sign a young one from a premier league clubs U23s?

Gibson is younger and less experienced than McIntyre and Holmes so surely no less of a risk. Bit of a weird one really.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Sep 2020 10:29

SCIAG
TiagoIlori Seems this one is actually happening supposed to sign early next week. A left footed centre back isn’t easy to find and I think it’s a big risk insisting with Holmes and McIntyre as backups and allows us to adopt a 3 centre back system when we need to. I don’t think we should be considering him as a backup left back though- perhaps try sign a young one from a premier league clubs U23s?

Gibson is younger and less experienced than McIntyre and Holmes so surely no less of a risk. Bit of a weird one really.

Not really, he offers cover across CB and LB and is left footed I believe, which offers a different dynamic to the defenders we currently have. It adds a good option, and if it doesn't work out he heads back to Everton in January.

It's a low cost, sensible answer to a gap in the squad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2020 10:40

SCIAG

They obviously just think he is better. Which is fair enough. Highly rated there I believe

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2020 13:19

Stranded
SCIAG

Not really, he offers cover across CB and LB and is left footed I believe, which offers a different dynamic to the defenders we currently have. It adds a good option, and if it doesn't work out he heads back to Everton in January.

It's a low cost, sensible answer to a gap in the squad.

McIntyre is left footed and can cover fullback at a pinch can't he?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2020 14:17

If we add Gibson, Ng & Riquelme, do we call this a good window? I'd still say we're 1 DM light, but certainly in decent shape.

Also no like for like striker if Joao gets injured, but I'd like to see Paunovic work on a plan B which gets the best out of Puscas (otherwise we may as well sell him now).

124 posts