SpuROFLs

884 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: SpuROFLs

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2020 17:15

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ Spurs scored 23 goals in their last six games, including two of these games with them only scoring one, they seem to be on fire offensively

Of course all those who said Mourinho was boring and defensive have crawled away back into their shells and will no doubt reappear if they begin to struggle again

Mourinho is known for having very successful second seasons at clubs so will be interesting to see how they fare this season

What was surprising about Sunday was that Spurs were playing something like their 4th game in 10(?) days and yet were at their very best with Kane looking as fresh as a daisy having played in 3(?) of those games.

Players much prefer playing to training so hopefully this result in particular puts to bed the view that fit athletes need the rest that managers keep moaning about.

It annoys me when managers complain about having so many games. In many cases, these are the same managers who stockpile their squad

Surely, the more games (league cup etc) the better as it allows managers to evaluate the strength of squad depth and whether they could be trusted in bigger environments

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Oct 2020 18:09

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Oct 2020 18:10

Got slammed by vic in the Liverpool thread but I reckon they are very much title candidates.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Oct 2020 18:22

Maybe spoke to soon :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Oct 2020 18:31

Mourinho ho ho ho

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Oct 2020 18:33

Maybe Vic was right about Tottenham’s defence

Aurier, Dier, Sanchez all just so poor
Genuinely think Morrison, Moore and Yiadom are a better trio

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 18 Oct 2020 19:00

Exactly why Spurs are the least unlikeable glory boy team. Great to watch, full of talent, but will never win anything.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Oct 2020 19:03

WoodleyRoyal Got slammed by vic in the Liverpool thread but I reckon they are very much title candidates.

ROFL.....

What moaner Kane is as well. Flattening a West Ham player then staying down injured wasting time. Then in the refs face at the end.
The beauty of this result is that the spuds boss Maureen has no excuse to complain about the goal.
First was rubbish defending.
Second was an own goal.
Third was a wonderful strike.
He manufactured his own downfall today.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Oct 2020 19:09

Well fair play to wet sham great spirit to come back l, the game was done and dusted.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Oct 2020 20:49

The saviour comes on to miss a sitter to wrap up the game and they draw against scum

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Nov 2020 23:14

2nd in the league, top scorers still, Bale got his first goal on his return, looking good for Spurs

All if buts and maybes, but they would have been top if either West Ham or Newcastle didn’t score 95th minute equalisers against then

If they sort out their consistency, especially in defence, they may be in with a shout for the title

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Nov 2020 07:56

URZZZZ 2nd in the league, top scorers still, Bale got his first goal on his return, looking good for Spurs

All if buts and maybes, but they would have been top if either West Ham or Newcastle didn’t score 95th minute equalisers against then

If they sort out their consistency, especially in defence, they may be in with a shout for the title

They needed 2 CB's and a keeper during the window imo, I just don't think they have enough depth especially defensively. The Europa League will take it's toll.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Nov 2020 10:51

I think Spurs will challenge, but will probably ultimately fall short (quelle surprise). I don't think they have a good enough defence - they're missing that big defender/leader at the back that you often find with title winners. Van Dijk, Terry, Vidic etc.

In fact, they remind me a lot of Liverpool just before they bought Van Dijk.

I fancy them to win a cup this year though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Nov 2020 16:42

genome I think Spurs will challenge, but will probably ultimately fall short (quelle surprise). I don't think they have a good enough defence - they're missing that big defender/leader at the back that you often find with title winners. Van Dijk, Terry, Vidic etc.

Aren't everyone though?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Nov 2020 16:47

Pepe the Horseman
genome I think Spurs will challenge, but will probably ultimately fall short (quelle surprise). I don't think they have a good enough defence - they're missing that big defender/leader at the back that you often find with title winners. Van Dijk, Terry, Vidic etc.

Aren't everyone though?

Well Liverpool will obviously miss that this season now. Man City have Laporte... can't really think of any other sides likely to challenge this season. I think Man City will nick it this year.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Nov 2020 17:13

genome
Pepe the Horseman

Aren't everyone though?

Well Liverpool will obviously miss that this season now. Man City have Laporte... can't really think of any other sides likely to challenge this season. I think Man City will nick it this year.

Leeds will probably win it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Nov 2020 18:09

Harry Kane scores his 200th Tottenham goal in the Europa League. Some achievement.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Nov 2020 21:41

Old Man Andrews Harry Kane scores his 200th Tottenham goal in the Europa League. Some achievement.

That’s an incredible achievement given Spurs have only been in the Europa League four times since he’s started playing :D

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2020 07:43

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Harry Kane scores his 200th Tottenham goal in the Europa League. Some achievement.

That’s an incredible achievement given Spurs have only been in the Europa League four times since he’s started playing :D

Jokes aside his record is incredible. I really hope he stays with Spurs his whole career and breaks all their records. Other than Messi it is hard to find a "one club player" in this day and age.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Nov 2020 08:47

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Jokes aside his record is incredible. I really hope he stays with Spurs his whole career and breaks all their records. Other than Messi it is hard to find a "one club player" in this day and age.

I think if he stays with Spurs, he will break Shearer's Prem record, which I never thought would be beaten.

884 posts