BFS - Bristol City (H)

209 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFS - Bristol City (H)

by windermereROYAL » 28 Nov 2020 18:07

CountryRoyal Going back to the Chris Martin incident am I right in saying he can’t be cited because the ref game him a yellow?

Very lucky if so.

No because the ref gave him a yellow.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 28 Nov 2020 18:21

What a goal from Holmes that would have been, edge of the box header almost top corner. Similar to Gunnarson a few years ago

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Nov 2020 18:25

windermereROYAL Some very complimentary posts on their forum.

Oh cmon....do tell.....

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Nov 2020 18:33

Ascotexgunner

Oh cmon....do tell.....

Page 21 onwards. maybe someone wants to dig up the opposition back from the game thread.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/209770-reading-–-sat-28th november-1230-–-what-can-we-expect/page/21/

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Nov 2020 18:37

It makes a change but it would be daft if they weren’t. Unlike past wins perhaps you couldn’t say “lost to a poor team” “Reading were crap but we were worse”. We were undeniably the better team, dominant in all areas and deservedly won. Had it not been for their keeper and poor finishing it would have been worse for them.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Nov 2020 18:50

Great performance to bounce back and about time we won. We've played well enough in most of the matches we lost to get a result and we blew Bristol City away second half. Could and perhaps should have been more comfortable than it was but a win is a win.

What impressed me more about today is we didn't crumble when they equalised like Bournemouth did. Bristol City were going for it, we soaked up the pressure and scored twice more. Seem to be getting better at the right time of the season as well.

Everyone played well today.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 28 Nov 2020 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Nov 2020 18:51

marlowuk Not sure if someone has already mentioned this but the City Fans Forum preceded their discussions on the game with a 'summary' of their opponents. I have never seen such a comprehensive essay on our team by an opposition website before!! If you haven't done so yet, take a look at - https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/209770-reading-%E2%80%93-sat-28th%C2%A0november-1230-%E2%80%93-what-can-we-expect/

It's only failing is that it concludes that Bristol will beat us 2 - 0!!
WOW :shock: that’s amazing.

Sutekh, you’ve got some work to do :wink:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Nov 2020 19:02

2 points off the top and 40/1 to win the league. :?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Nov 2020 19:40

AthleticoSpizz
marlowuk Not sure if someone has already mentioned this but the City Fans Forum preceded their discussions on the game with a 'summary' of their opponents. I have never seen such a comprehensive essay on our team by an opposition website before!! If you haven't done so yet, take a look at - https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/209770-reading-%E2%80%93-sat-28th%C2%A0november-1230-%E2%80%93-what-can-we-expect/

What a sad fucker. Probably a virgin. Certainly needs to get out more.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Nov 2020 19:41

WoodleyRoyal
AthleticoSpizz

What a sad fucker. Probably a virgin. Certainly needs to get out more.

Unprovoked attacked on Sutekh, but spot on tbf.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 28 Nov 2020 19:42

Had a gripe yesterday that our tempo and build up play is slow and lethargic and Ejaria keeps running around in circles and slows the play down.
Well today was the exact opposite!! our build up play and tempo was quick and incisive and Ejaria had a great game and looked to attack and play forward at every oppertunity.
That was on par with the Blackburn game and is the level we need to perform at week in week out to achieve our goal.
Joao's hold up play is unbelievable, and when in the box with his back to goal you just know he's gonna score!! Ejaria was class second half, and the final mention goes out to Olise. The guy is young and a raw talent. He makes mistakes and is a bit naive at times but wow is he some talent!! his crossing into the box and that pass for Meite and our second is what we have been missing, enjoy him whilst we can, as he'll be gone in either the next window or preferably the one after for big money!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Nov 2020 19:43

@ Wooderz

Yes, well....there’s a few on here too, but nobody capable of that, pretty darned good tbh...we’re honoured

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Nov 2020 19:55

AthleticoSpizz @ Wooderz

Yes, well....there’s a few on here too, but nobody capable of that, pretty darned good tbh...we’re honoured

Oh for sure, no denying it’s pretty impressive. If he put that much effort into finding a lady he would probably be drowning in vag.

JR

by JR » 28 Nov 2020 19:56

Just bloody brilliant - a lunchtime TV game sets the tone for the weekend and so happy we bounced back from last week.

All round great performance - very excited for getting back in the ground now!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Nov 2020 19:58

I did wonder why Ejaria looked so miserable when he scored, maybe the coaching staff have given him a rocket up the backside.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Nov 2020 19:59

WoodleyRoyal
AthleticoSpizz @ Wooderz

Oh for sure, no denying it’s pretty impressive. If he put that much effort into finding a lady he would probably be drowning in vag.
Lol, yeah....can only imagine that Sutekh is up to his ‘nuts in guts‘ in comparison :lol:

yuomi

by yuomi » 28 Nov 2020 19:59

Second game in a row we've been done by a free kick that wasn't, and this time they were offside too. Have to admit my heart sank at that point, especially seeing as it was Wells, but the team's response was FANTASTIC.

I criticised Ejaria after Millwall, but he was well and truly at the races today, if still unable to force a smile :D He, Richards and Olise linked up brilliantly up and down the left and I think there is a lot of potential in Ovie and Olise interchanging.

Holmes is such an upgrade on Esteves defensively that I don't really mind his lack of attacking threat, which we more than make up for in other areas. If his header had gone in (or Morro had scored the tap in he set up) I don't think anyone would have a bad word to say about him.

Brilliant to see what this team is capable of when everything clicks. On our day we really are as good as anyone in this division.

p.s. Chris Martin is pcunt.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Nov 2020 20:02

windermereROYAL I did wonder why Ejaria looked so miserable when he scored, maybe the coaching staff have given him a rocket up the backside.

I guess when you’re actually good and know you are you feel a bit embarrassed scoring with a lucky deflection.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Nov 2020 21:06

Just watched the goals again and it’s such a brilliant run by Meite for the third, plus a fantastic run, control and turn by Joao. Don’t tell anyone but he scuffed the shot a little, as if I care.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Nov 2020 21:08

Half watching the game on replay. Couple of things

The Martin foul was utterly premeditated. Nasty piece of work

The foul for their goal was ridiculous. Laurent just tackled him

Holmes though not offering a threat down the line is a huge threat from set pieces. What you lose from Esteves down the wing you’re probably gaining from Holmes height

209 posts