Ejaria`s body language.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Ejaria`s body language.

by windermereROYAL » 29 Nov 2020 09:58

It might not be anything, but his body language is something I`ve noticed a bit recently, he scored at WBA last season and he was celebrating wildly in front of the away fans, first game of this season at Derby running over to the corner flag.
The first time I notice there might be a potential issue was Wycombe, Joao scored the winner and there was no reaction while all the other players ran to Lucas, he then missed a number of games for some kind of mystery illness/injury.
Then yesterday his face was a picture of gloom when he scored the first, and again no celebration for Meite`s goal.
Maybe it`s just the way he is but it just doesn`t look right.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ejaria`s body language.

by royalp-we » 29 Nov 2020 10:01

Just wants to look like a boss when we play in front of the Sky cameras 8)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Nov 2020 10:30

I have heard he’s a bit of a complex character. Nothing bad or problematic, just quite shy and not as ‘confident’ as many other young millionaire sportsmen.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Nov 2020 10:36

Yeah I think people are reading a bit too much into this. He’s playing well and contributing to the team, if he’s a bit more reserved than most, that’s fine.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2020 10:36

We just need to enjoy watching this young man play. His work-rate and ability on the ball was outstanding yesterday. If that’s how he plays when he’s in a sulk heaven help the opposition when he is in a good mood. There are a lot of Championship clubs who would love him at their club.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Nov 2020 10:40

windermereROYAL It might not be anything, but his body language is something I`ve noticed a bit recently, he scored at WBA last season and he was celebrating wildly in front of the away fans, first game of this season at Derby running over to the corner flag.
The first time I notice there might be a potential issue was Wycombe, Joao scored the winner and there was no reaction while all the other players ran to Lucas, he then missed a number of games for some kind of mystery illness/injury.
Then yesterday his face was a picture of gloom when he scored the first, and again no celebration for Meite`s goal.

:roll:

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 29 Nov 2020 10:44

Zip We just need to enjoy watching this young man play. His work-rate and ability on the ball was outstanding yesterday. If that’s how he plays when he’s in a sulk heaven help the opposition when he is in a good mood. There are a lot of Championship clubs who would love him at their club.

Bit like Martial,although he usually smiles if he scores.Maybe like Martial he doesn’t like the criticism?He was very good yesterday,but has he improved that much,from when he first came here ?Still tries the Hollywood tricks,which rarely come off.Against that the opposition do gang up on him and try to smash him as near the start of the game as possible.O Dowda or whatever his name is,had that job yesterday.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Nov 2020 10:48

I thought the lack of goal celebration was a little odd. Like the sort when you’ve just scored a consolation or extended your lead to 6. Not what expect from the opening goal in a 6-pointer after a horrendous run. Add to that the other observations about lack of celebration that I’d not noticed and yeah an interesting question.

But tbh I just put it down to the shot being deflected and other observations just down to being tired. I didn’t use to run up to the goal scorer when my teams scored because I was just too damned tired. I’d enjoy a few moments as a breather.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2020 10:50

Westwood52
Zip We just need to enjoy watching this young man play. His work-rate and ability on the ball was outstanding yesterday. If that’s how he plays when he’s in a sulk heaven help the opposition when he is in a good mood. There are a lot of Championship clubs who would love him at their club.

Bit like Martial,although he usually smiles if he scores.Maybe like Martial he doesn’t like the criticism?He was very good yesterday,but has he improved that much,from when he first came here ?Still tries the Hollywood tricks,which rarely come off.Against that the opposition do gang up on him and try to smash him as near the start of the game as possible.O Dowda or whatever his name is,had that job yesterday.

I think he’s improved. He was arguably our least effective loan signing when he first came here but he had probably the most potential. He is scoring goals and crucially adding more assists to his name this season plus improving defensively.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 29 Nov 2020 11:31

I too thought it was odd, but it can't be down to anything in the dressing room. Velcro has the squad, and they seem to be working hard for each other.

It might be something off field for him. I just trust the club look after players,and he is absolutely giving it on the pitch.

Let's get behind them when we can go back and make sure they know they're appreciated.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 29 Nov 2020 11:41

windermereROYAL It might not be anything, but his body language is something I`ve noticed a bit recently, he scored at WBA last season and he was celebrating wildly in front of the away fans, first game of this season at Derby running over to the corner flag.

Maybe he had a cold sore

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 29 Nov 2020 11:47

Maybe he has the same mindset as Balotelli?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Nov 2020 11:53

royalp-we Maybe he has the same mindset as Balotelli?

I was a postman, i was ecstatic when a customer said thank you. granted it wasn`t very often.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Nov 2020 11:54

Yeah but postmen often whistle cheerfully whilst dropping elastic bands everywhere.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Nov 2020 12:12

He’s just a bit cool that’s all

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Nov 2020 12:15

I wouldn’t read too much into it. I’m generally not keen on reading too much into body language. But I think Ejaria’s maybe just a little more introverted than most players.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Nov 2020 12:29

LOL

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Nov 2020 15:26

Our does. But then he supports the fake hoops so not much else to celebrate!

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 30 Nov 2020 17:38

For as long as he genuinely wants to play for us which doesn’t appear to be the case given he waited so long to join us and his work rate is much better nowadays couldn’t care less. I think he knows full and well we are the only club that truly believed in his potential and helped develop him.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Nov 2020 20:28

TiagoIlori For as long as he genuinely wants to play for us which doesn’t appear to be the case given he waited so long to join us and his work rate is much better nowadays couldn’t care less. I think he knows full and well we are the only club that truly believed in his potential and helped develop him.

:|

He didn’t “wait so long to join us”.