January window

339 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: January window

by Royalwaster » 21 Jan 2021 11:32

WestYorksRoyal Maybe teams know there's no chance of signing Joao this window given our league position. Expect the vultures to circle in the summer if we don't go up.

I'm sure if someone bid enough we'd sell him ...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Jan 2021 17:32

Royalwaster
WestYorksRoyal Maybe teams know there's no chance of signing Joao this window given our league position. Expect the vultures to circle in the summer if we don't go up.

I'd let him go for £200,000,000

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 21 Jan 2021 22:15

first time I'm fairly content with a very quiet transfer window. I'd love to get a back-up for LB and a hold-up striker. Still...if no one comes in or goes out, I'm good.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2021 09:37

Royalwaster

What about the owners refusing sizeable fees for star players and saying not at any price two or three times makes you think that?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Jan 2021 18:40

Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster

What about the owners refusing sizeable fees for star players and saying not at any price two or three times makes you think that?

If I was trying or even thinking about selling anything, the last thing I’d do is admit it. By definition it weakens your negotiating position

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2021 22:38

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster

If I was trying or even thinking about selling anything, the last thing I’d do is admit it. By definition it weakens your negotiating position

We're not talking about admitting anything. We're talking about recent history in similar circumstances

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 24 Jan 2021 20:10

Pauno reiterates we are still trying to get 2 incomings over the line before next weeks deadline.

Any ideas who?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jan 2021 20:23

royalp-we Pauno reiterates we are still trying to get 2 incomings over the line before next weeks deadline.

Any ideas who?

I heard that 1 is a defender and the other is a striker/attacking midfielder

Suggest looking at PL clubs for promising youngsters and out of favour players up for a loan move.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Jan 2021 08:01

Seems fairly likely that we are trying to get Reiss Nelson in from Arsenal.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 25 Jan 2021 08:12

Stranded Seems fairly likely that we are trying to get Reiss Nelson in from Arsenal.

Seriously? Would be an excellent addition. Source?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2021 08:38

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded Seems fairly likely that we are trying to get Reiss Nelson in from Arsenal.

Definitely a good player - where does he play exactly though - not quite sure where he fits in. Sort of RWB isnt he?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 25 Jan 2021 09:12

Hound
WestYorksRoyal

Definitely a good player - where does he play exactly though - not quite sure where he fits in. Sort of RWB isnt he?

I think he's more of a winger, exactly what we need. I see it's being reported by a couple of local Arsenal journos. It does make sense; he's fallen behind Smith-Rowe, Saka and Martinelli. And now we're competing at the top, we're in prime position to take advantage of these circumstances when they arise. Would be delighted with this.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Jan 2021 09:59

Hound
WestYorksRoyal

Attacking midfielder/winger. 7 goals in 29 appearances in the Bundesliga.

Given that we’re pretty well stocked in that area I’m surprised Arsenal would consider sending him here. Quality player at this level who should be good enough to start but would we want to disrupt our current four?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jan 2021 10:00

I thought we were looking for a striker and defender but I’d be happy with this, finally add some competition for Ejaria who perhaps may not play 90 minutes every week even in games where he contributes very little

And, of course, he’s closer to that natural winger we all so crave :wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2021 10:02

SCIAG
Hound
WestYorksRoyal Seriously? Would be an excellent addition. Source?

Given that we’re pretty well stocked in that area I’m surprised Arsenal would consider sending him here. Quality player at this level who should be good enough to start but would we want to disrupt our current four?

Yep my thoughts really - if Meite is back fit

Definitely a good option but wouldnt see him as a regular starter

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jan 2021 12:12

Hound
SCIAG
Hound

Think a front four of Meite - Swift - Nelson behind Joao would be tasty. Three different types of players in the attacking midfield area, all bringing different attributes and then you have the likes of Olise and Puscas in reserve too. We don't see eye to eye on Ejaria, feel he's overplayed, but he'd still have a big role to play given Meite's constant injury problems and Swift being injury prone too. Then beyond those, you still have the likes of Aluko, Semedo and Baldock, who, whilst they don't contribute too much, can all play a part as squad players

All very hypothetical of course, and we thought Riquelme could do a similar job and he's barely done anything for Bourenmouth, but I think he could be a very good signing who could slot straight into the XI

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 25 Jan 2021 12:41

Hound
SCIAG
Hound

It's true that if you look at the 3 parties in the transfer, we'd be the ones who come out the best of any loan deal. Arsenal and Nelson would not like the idea of him being a squad option. But from our view, having Meite, Olise, Ejaria and Nelson as wide options would be great.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 25 Jan 2021 21:46

I do wonder whether we are looking at this wrong Pauno did say about players approaching us maybe 1 or both is a free transfer. I know loan players representatives will try to find clubs for there player but just sounded more permenant. Might be wrong.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Jan 2021 21:57

linkenholtroyal I do wonder whether we are looking at this wrong Pauno did say about players approaching us maybe 1 or both is a free transfer. I know loan players representatives will try to find clubs for there player but just sounded more permenant. Might be wrong.

Pretty sure it'll be attached players we are after. Free agents could sign at any point and honestly would offer little immediate boost as would likely be hideously unfit, compared to the rest of the squad if they have been training alone.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 26 Jan 2021 16:51

URZZZZ

I thought we were looking for a striker and defender but I’d be happy with this, finally add some competition for Ejaria who perhaps may not play 90 minutes every week even in games where he contributes very little

And, of course, he’s closer to that natural winger we all so crave :wink:

Exactly, the idea of a winger is to either get in behind the defence using pace or trickery or to get in a quick cross for the forwards to attack. I guess Ejaria only ticks one of those boxes with the trickery, he very rarely puts in a quick cross and very rarely beats the defender with pace and in my opinion he does the oposite and slows the game down.

Ejaria for me is an attacking midfielder who would be best played just behind joao!! which is a shame as thats also Swift's and Oliese's best positions also.

We should be looking for an attacking left midfielder come winger which should really help balance our attacking line up in my opinion.

339 posts