MATCHWATCH : Wycombe Wanderers (a)

544 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wycombe Wanderers (a)

by CountryRoyal » 25 Feb 2021 14:58

Snowflake Royal He's making them, yet to see him learn from them.

Yeah this. It’s all well and good saying “oh it’s better to make mistakes now”, well true, but what’s to say he doesn’t keep making them?

Pauno has definitely deserved until the end of the season, but at present we are the architects of our own downfall and I’m not sure I’ll feel he deserves longer should we not even make the playoffs from the position we we’re in, because of his tactics or lack there of.

Rino players further forward than Semedo on Saturday I will be gobsmacked.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Feb 2021 15:32

CountryRoyal

Yeah this. It’s all well and good saying “oh it’s better to make mistakes now”, well true, but what’s to say he doesn’t keep making them?

Pauno has definitely deserved until the end of the season, but at present we are the architects of our own downfall and I’m not sure I’ll feel he deserves longer should we not even make the playoffs from the position we we’re in, because of his tactics or lack there of.

I've not really paid much attention to the Rino/Semedo debate. Thought Rino played quite well against Wycombe going forward and Semedo has been ok as a DCM. Whats been the big issue in a nutshell? Is it just breaking up Rino/Laurent?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Feb 2021 15:48

Hound
CountryRoyal

I've not really paid much attention to the Rino/Semedo debate. Thought Rino played quite well against Wycombe going forward and Semedo has been ok as a DCM. Whats been the big issue in a nutshell? Is it just breaking up Rino/Laurent?

You’ve hit the nail on the head really

Why weaken two positions (I.e RW and CM) when you only need to weaken one? Semedo is OK deeper but that’s the limit for him really - whereas Laurent and Rinomhota are a good partnership

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Feb 2021 16:33

CountryRoyal

oxf*rd that, he's earnt until at least November. And as long as we're above 16th I'd give him another full season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Feb 2021 16:37

Hound
CountryRoyal

Breaking up Rino / Laurent partnership.

Playing the least likely to create or score a goal the furthest forward. Rinomhota is a good player. I love him. But his strength is in driving runs from deep, playing quick simple passes under limited pressure, and all the defensive game. He's not going to play a brilliant through ball often. He's not a confident finisher. He's not going to beat someone with some great skill.

It wasn't brilliant, but it worked when it was Semedo further forward. Laurent has been playing much more aggressively in the new year and pushing forward more. Both of them are far more likely to unlock a defence or hit a sweet shot.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 25 Feb 2021 18:24

Snowball
Franchise FC
skipper I do love watching the team, but I've just spent 40 quid to watch 1 win, 3 losses and only one genuinely good game (Brantford). Not that I'm moaning about the City game, because that was a stroll in the park.

We're an odd team really. Absolutely comfortable & pedestrian against City. Just didn't turn up against Millwall and Wycombe, and can go toe to toe with Brantford.

Have you got two a's and no e on your keyboard ?

No that would mean

I do love watching the taam, but I've just spant 40 quid to watch 1 win, 3 lossas and only on a ganuinaly good gama (Brantford). Not that I'm moaning about the City gama, bacausa that was a stroll in the park. Wa're an odd taam raally. Absolutaly comfortabla & padastrian against City. Just didn't turn up against Millwall and Wycombe, and can go toa to toa with Brantford

Top nobbing from the both of you. That's why I come here.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Feb 2021 18:45

skipper
Snowball
Franchise FC Have you got two a's and no e on your keyboard ?

No that would mean

I do love watching the taam, but I've just spant 40 quid to watch 1 win, 3 lossas and only on a ganuinaly good gama (Brantford). Not that I'm moaning about the City gama, bacausa that was a stroll in the park. Wa're an odd taam raally. Absolutaly comfortabla & padastrian against City. Just didn't turn up against Millwall and Wycombe, and can go toa to toa with Brantford

He went to all that effort and missed the first one.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Feb 2021 18:52

Pepe the Horseman
skipper
Snowball

No that would mean

And the second :wink:

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 25 Feb 2021 19:54

Barney
Brain Traysers This game has been the absolute case for resting Joao/Olise/Ejaria, who I still believe must be exhausted and at risk of injury.

With them on the bench we literally couldn't have done worse, and would actually have the option to influence the game with subs.

STOP SAYING THEY ARE EXHAUSTED. THE WORD YOU ARE LOOKING FOR RHYMES WITH "HIT".....JUST ADD AN 'S'.

Correct, exhausted my arse!.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Re

by bcubed » 25 Feb 2021 23:28

Once upon a time . A penalty is taken from 12 yards , I always believed that a decent player should be able to pass the ball accurately over 12 yards . That’s all you have to do ———- just pass the ball into the corner of the net , if the goalkeeper stands in the middle of the goal he can’t reach it , you could even tell him where you’re going to place it . A firm 12 yard pass is easy —— or should be !

If a keeper stays on the line and it's a big if, I think you should be able to side foot it into the top right, if right footed and score at least 9 out of 10.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 25 Feb 2021 23:34

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

oxf*rd that, he's earnt until at least November. And as long as we're above 16th I'd give him another full season.

It's seems remarkable that in a season where relegation was considered likely before it started, not securing a play-off spot would be seen as enough of failure to see the manager sacked.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Feb 2021 09:31

tmesis
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

It's seems remarkable that in a season where relegation was considered likely before it started, not securing a play-off spot would be seen as enough of failure to see the manager sacked.

Who considered relegation likely?

That's not the mood I remember

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Feb 2021 09:34

Snowflake Royal
tmesis
Snowflake Royal oxf*rd that, he's earnt until at least November. And as long as we're above 16th I'd give him another full season.

Some people thought we were going to fold after Bowen left.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Feb 2021 09:40

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
tmesis

Some people thought we were going to fold after Bowen left.

I'm not sure even I thought it was likely.

If I did I was tremendously far from a consensus

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Feb 2021 13:33

Pepe the Horseman
skipper
Snowball

No that would mean

I left the one e because I didn't have enough a's

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Feb 2021 13:35

Franchise FC
Pepe the Horseman
skipper

keeps you busy

I coulda dona saarch and raplaca, but mora fun doing it by hand

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Feb 2021 13:38

Snowball
Franchise FC
Pepe the Horseman He went to all that effort and missed the first one.

keeps you busy

I coulda dona saarch and raplaca, but mora fun doing it by hand

Just makes you sound Italian.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Re

by Westwood52 » 26 Feb 2021 13:57

bcubed
Once upon a time . A penalty is taken from 12 yards , I always believed that a decent player should be able to pass the ball accurately over 12 yards . That’s all you have to do ———- just pass the ball into the corner of the net , if the goalkeeper stands in the middle of the goal he can’t reach it , you could even tell him where you’re going to place it . A firm 12 yard pass is easy —— or should be !

If a keeper stays on the line and it's a big if, I think you should be able to side foot it into the top right, if right footed and score at least 9 out of 10.

Where Jao hit it,left no margin for error.Aim for the bottom corners.If the goalie saves it;well so be it.Occasionally if you see the goalie diving early,hit it right down the middle.Here speaks someone who never took a penalty (or at least a football penalty )in their life.In my lifetime the best penalty takers have been Shearer,Le Tissier and Cantona.Their successful penalty ratios were very high.I cannot recall Kitson missing many either.
What really bugged me was that virtually all our corners and free kicks were unbelievably poor.Be interesting to see whose on corners (and penalties) on Saturday.If it is still Olise and Jao;well you begin to wonder about Pauno.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

MATCHWATCH : Wycombe Wanderers (a)

by morganb » 26 Feb 2021 14:31

Westwood52 What really bugged me was that virtually all our corners and free kicks were unbelievably poor.Be interesting to see whose on corners (and penalties) on Saturday.If it is still Olise and Jao; well you begin to wonder about Pauno.

Yes, all of Olise's set-pieces were exceptionally poor.

There was one occasion where Olise took a corner, it went out for another corner on the other side of the pitch and Ejaria was lining up to take it when Olise ran the width of the pitch and over-ruled him. I was hoping that Ejaria took one just to see the quality (or lack of) of his delivery.

Who would take free-kicks and corners if Olise isn't on the pitch? Aluko has take a few but they've not been great and he's seldom on. Ejaria?

And who do we guess the replacement penalty taker will be?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Feb 2021 14:42

morganb
Westwood52 What really bugged me was that virtually all our corners and free kicks were unbelievably poor.Be interesting to see whose on corners (and penalties) on Saturday.If it is still Olise and Jao; well you begin to wonder about Pauno.

Yes, all of Olise's set-pieces were exceptionally poor.

There was one occasion where Olise took a corner, it went out for another corner on the other side of the pitch and Ejaria was lining up to take it when Olise ran the width of the pitch and over-ruled him. I was hoping that Ejaria took one just to see the quality (or lack of) of his delivery.

Who would take free-kicks and corners if Olise isn't on the pitch? Aluko has take a few but they've not been great and he's seldom on. Ejaria?

And who do we guess the replacement penalty taker will be?

For no particular reason other than I think he's got a cool head, I'd go with Morrison for penalties

544 posts