Jobi

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Jobi

by Archie's penalty » 19 Feb 2013 10:46

Genuinely surprised at the amount of h8erz Jobi has attracted this year. He loses the ball and gets slated, he's a winger, he's supposed to take people on
this means he will lose the ball sometimes!

I think he's given a lot of very disciplined performances this year, playing out of position quite often. Offensively he's set up a few goals and scored a very good goal last night.

Defensively he closes down, presses and tracks back.

So get off Jobi's back, seriously what do you expect?
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 19 Feb 2013 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Jobi

by reading_fan » 19 Feb 2013 10:50

Jobi is such a confidence player too. On the pre-season tour to Portugal we were chatting to Brian about him and Brian was saying that he spends a lot of time trying to get into the head of Jobi, to make him believe he's as good as he should be.

I've often thought that you generally judge how good a game Jobi is going to have by his first battle with his opposing full back. If Jobi wins the first battle (gets past him, good bit of skill, puts a cross in etc) then his confidence is up and he'll play well. If he doesn't do so well in the first battle, then his head drops a bit and is more likely to not play well.

He did well in the first battle last night against Buttner (I think) in the opening two minutes and this set him up for a pretty decent game, topped off by his goal.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Feb 2013 10:52

thought he played really well, worked incredibly hard, and caused them some real problems.

blinkered h8ers will h8 him no matter what he does.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Feb 2013 11:01

I think the real frustration with Jobi is no only does he lose the ball (Accepted valid points about being a winger) but that too often he doesn't look up before he swings a ball into the box.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Feb 2013 11:05

no body's perfect!

although, agreed, lol at the early ball he put into the box( a great ball by the way) when there was no one within 25 yards

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Feb 2013 11:15

melonhead no body's perfect!

although, agreed, lol at the early ball he put into the box( a great ball by the way) when there was no one within 25 yards

Yes, a bit of a rush of blood there.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 19 Feb 2013 11:46

Don't get the hate with McAnuff, puts in a good shift and is a better captain than people give him credit for.

Who would you replace him with? McCleary was awful last night and has been so inconsistent since he arrived here.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 19 Feb 2013 11:52

Archie's penalty Genuinely surprised at the amount of h8erz Jobi has attracted this year. He loses the ball and gets slated, he's a winger, he's supposed to take people on
this means he will lose the ball sometimes!

I think he's given a lot of very disciplined performances this year, playing out of position quite often. Offensively he's set up a few goals and scored a very good goal last night.

Defensively he closes down, presses and tracks back.

So get off Jobi's back, seriously what do you expect?

+1 never understood why all the mongs on this site hate him so much!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 19 Feb 2013 11:57

I find him frustrating, but hate is a strong word

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Feb 2013 12:04

wingers frustrate. he is better than most weve had

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 19 Feb 2013 12:07

melonhead thought he played really well, worked incredibly hard, and caused them some real problems.

As someone who has watched about 2 games all season on tv and has no agenda with anyone, i thought he was pants. He's too slow to react to anything and the yard of real pace he had seems to have gone. To be honest, championship player playing a league above his level. He gives you a shift though and it's all you can ask from players like him.

i think Morrison will go for a lot of money to one of the big clubs in the Prem, he's got loads of potential and already looks comfortable. Mariappa was excellent, McLeary anonymous, hunt willing, Le Fondre is Curo which isn't a bad thing.

Reading actually have the core of a half decent Premiership team, if they can stay up this year and add a bit of quality out wide and in the middle of midfield they could become a West Brom.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Feb 2013 12:15

i thought he was pants

honestly dont get how you could possibly think that after last night

but different strokes for different folks and all that

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Feb 2013 12:27

Alan Partridge
melonhead thought he played really well, worked incredibly hard, and caused them some real problems.

As someone who has watched about 2 games all season on tv and has no agenda with anyone, i thought he was pants. He's too slow to react to anything and the yard of real pace he had seems to have gone. To be honest, championship player playing a league above his level. He gives you a shift though and it's all you can ask from players like him.

i think Morrison will go for a lot of money to one of the big clubs in the Prem, he's got loads of potential and already looks comfortable. Mariappa was excellent, McLeary anonymous, hunt willing, Le Fondre is Curo which isn't a bad thing.

Reading actually have the core of a half decent Premiership team, if they can stay up this year and add a bit of quality out wide and in the middle of midfield they could become a West Brom.

I think you're wrong about Mcanuff.

Nice that you say that we could become a West Brom. Who are the premier league players in your opinion?

jumpers for goalposts

by jumpers for goalposts » 19 Feb 2013 12:32

Alan Partridge

Pretty much agree with all of this.

It's blindingly obvious to anyone that knows anything about football, that if we stay up and we want to progress, we will need to phase Jobi, Leg, N.Hunt out of the team. These players are clearly playing above their level, so I can't get too annoyed with them for their performances, provided the effort is there, which it clearly is.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Feb 2013 12:39

jumpers for goalposts
Alan Partridge

Pretty much agree with all of this.

It's blindingly obvious to anyone that knows anything about football, that if we stay up and we want to progress, we will need to phase Jobi, Leg, N.Hunt out of the team. These players are clearly playing above their level, so I can't get too annoyed with them for their performances, provided the effort is there, which it clearly is.

I agree with you regarding Legs and Hunt but think that Jobi could still cope with another season in the big league. It would help if he had better players around him.
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 19 Feb 2013 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Feb 2013 12:40

He put it right on Hunty's head!Unfortunately Hunt was off the pitch having treatment at the time hence the enormous gap.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 19 Feb 2013 12:59

ZacNaloen I find him frustrating, but hate is a strong word

Likewise.
I thought he was just about the main man last season and have always liked him going back to his Wimbledon days.
This season at this higher level I feel he has been ordinary and he has gone too much for the theatrical-diving and watching the game move on when a decision has gone against him.
He seems a very likeable and articulate bloke but if we stay up this could be his last season as the pace is no longer there and ,despite what some others have posted,I don't think he does enough defensively which is such an important part of our game when we play with two wingers.
Jimmy has learned to defend and if he can anybody can.

Hate?
Never
Frustrating?
Yes

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Feb 2013 13:05

McAnuff is solid. He hasn't had many match winning performances this season, but he's reliable and one of our only sources of creativity.

AJ_urz9

by AJ_urz9 » 19 Feb 2013 13:36

ZacNaloen I find him frustrating, but hate is a strong word

Exactly the way I'd describe him too. He boarders on being more inconsistent than Kebe which is really saying something!
Decent player with a good attitude on the pitch whose earned his time in the Prem but unfortunately I can see why after all those years in the Championship, no Premier League team did sign him.
If we do actually stay up then I think the first sign of progressing would be phasing out players like McAnuff and Legs, because there are better players out there that would give you more consistent performances. However I believe that Hunt still has a part to play beyond this season.
Last night Jobi was okay. He did the hard bit by getting past the man, he just kept on tripping up on the ball after he'd actually passed him. Good to see him get a goal.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Feb 2013 13:39

Maguire

He put it right on Hunty's head!Unfortunately Hunt was off the pitch having treatment at the time hence the enormous gap.

I think it was way before that Mags.

If I've ruined a weak joke I can only apologise.