Sir John on Radio 4

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
download

Sir John on Radio 4

by download » 18 Mar 2015 12:35

Very enjoyable interview on BBC Radio 4 Today's programme with Sir John. They combined a bit of Sir John's view on the Budget and Reading getting through to the Semi finals.

Sir John gets really irritated with Mishal Husain pronouncing the J in Madejski twice and in a very growly way pronounces the name correctly when he refers the Stadium. Shame its radio as I imagine he was looking daggers at her.

Couple of other bits, calls Bradford, Bradfield and Phil Parkinson Michael Parkinson.

Said he wasn't donating to the Conservative Party any because he didn't have any spare money left.

Happened at 8:25 if you want to go to the BBC Radio iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b055g9mq

Sports guy asked some questions about why Championship sides don't seem to stay up in the Premier Ship and made a point of calling him Sir John.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Sir John on Radio 4

by ZacNaloen » 18 Mar 2015 12:37

He did that on the TV as well, bless him, he's getting old

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 18 Mar 2015 14:17

At least Bradfield is closer than Barnsley which he used before the game the other night on the Radio.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Mar 2015 15:18

UpThePrem At least Bradfield is closer than Barnsley which he used before the game the other night on the Radio.

Not to Bradford, it isn't.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Mar 2015 16:47

So he has come out of hibernation now that there is a bit of glory around and was on TV on Monday night with the Thai woman.
Did the interviewer ask him "where were you at Watford ?" or any of the other games where we have flopped and in previous years made semi-regal walks around the ground with arms aloft?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Mar 2015 16:52

Victor Meldrew So he has come out of hibernation now that there is a bit of glory around and was on TV on Monday night with the Thai woman.
Did the interviewer ask him "where were you at Watford ?" or any of the other games where we have flopped and in previous years made semi-regal walks around the ground with arms aloft?

went to huddesfield away for the 3-0 defeat http://i2.getreading.co.uk/incoming/art ... 757183.jpg

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 18 Mar 2015 17:01

Victor Meldrew So he has come out of hibernation now that there is a bit of glory around and was on TV on Monday night with the Thai woman.

I couldn't answer that, but I do know that SIR John attended most of the away games when he was majority shareholder for many years. The man is past retirement age now, is not the majority shareholder, and considering the lack of recognition from some, I wouldn't blame him for not bothering that much.
SJM has served RFC very well over the past 25 years, I remember going to a youth game once and Sir John was there supporting it, so you couldn't doubt his commitment .

old woman

by old woman » 18 Mar 2015 17:39

To be fair he's not that keen on football either.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Mar 2015 19:07

I imagine the media aren't overly keen on talking to the Chairmen of mid-table Championship sides going nowhere under normal circumstances.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Mar 2015 19:10

old woman To be fair he's not that keen on football either.

Which is why he supports Reading

boom-tish

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1