60%
No
40%

Total votes: 238
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Nick Blackman

by SCIAG » 06 Oct 2015 11:38

CountryRoyal If they were smart enough they'd have finished school and gotten a job that used their brain, instead of their feet.

But then he's earning more than most people in this country so jokes on us.

If you were smart enough to be an academic AND good enough to be a Championship footballer, you'd be a footballer.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Oct 2015 13:07

andrew1957 I think the club can insure a player for their wages up to the end of a contract - so in Blackman's case that would be for the rest of the season - unless he signs a new contract.

But as for the player the general principle of insurance is that you can only insure yourself for loss of earnings and so if he only has a contact until the end of the season then I am not sure he could insure himself for a longer period than that - as he might not be offered work by anyone if his form went and he did not get another contract.

So actors dancers, singers and models can only insure their legs / faces / voices for the duration of their current show / film / album / contract?

I think not.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Oct 2015 13:11

Who cares if Blackman didn't win POTM. It's a stupid award and as soon as anyone wins it or manager of the month, they are instantly rendered useless afterwards.

No curse this time round 8)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Oct 2015 13:11

Ian Royal
andrew1957 I think the club can insure a player for their wages up to the end of a contract - so in Blackman's case that would be for the rest of the season - unless he signs a new contract.

But as for the player the general principle of insurance is that you can only insure yourself for loss of earnings and so if he only has a contact until the end of the season then I am not sure he could insure himself for a longer period than that - as he might not be offered work by anyone if his form went and he did not get another contract.

So actors dancers, singers and models can only insure their legs / faces / voices for the duration of their current show / film / album / contract?

I think not.

You should know, right Ian? x

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Oct 2015 12:51

Ian Royal

I think not.
I agree, future earnings are what you are insuring against the loss of.

I assume for a price a club can insure for loss of future transfer earnings on players they plan to sell.... I imagine they may also have a multi-player policy, a bit like admiral car insurance multi-car.... and maybe, it will be linked to the wage bill/terms of contracts.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 07 Oct 2015 16:21

Forbury Lion
Ian Royal

I think not.
I agree, future earnings are what you are insuring against the loss of.

I assume for a price a club can insure for loss of future transfer earnings on players they plan to sell.... I imagine they may also have a multi-player policy, a bit like admiral car insurance multi-car.... and maybe, it will be linked to the wage bill/terms of contracts.

If Blackman gets injured, do we get a courtesy striker?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 07 Oct 2015 17:21

Ian Royal

I think not.

This is all a bit stupid arguing the what who why. If you approach an insurance company and say i want to buy the right to receive x amount of money if x happens, how much will it cost me.

They will tell you their price, you can either choose to pay it or not. That's what insurance companies do for a living

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 07 Oct 2015 19:35

Greatwesternline This is all a bit stupid arguing the what who why.

You must be new round here.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Oct 2015 11:16

Up for Sky's POTM.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Oct 2015 11:26

I guess this is the official one since it isn't going to the popularity vote, upon looking at the other one, it is called the PFA Fans player of the month, still an award that goes down to public vote is never going to work due to everyone voting for their own player.

Looking at the nominees, Blackman will probably win PotM, Karanka for MotM.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Oct 2015 13:00

Oh ffs. Please don't win Nick!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Oct 2015 13:08

You know the curse isn't actually a real thing right?

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 08 Oct 2015 13:18

The curse of regression to the mean.

It's not the most stupid thing CountryRoyal has said this week, tbf.
Last edited by Ouroboros on 08 Oct 2015 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Oct 2015 13:20

genome You know the curse isn't actually a real thing right?

And it's the manager of the month that's allegedly cursed, not player.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 Oct 2015 13:21

Ouroboros The curse of regression to the mean.

I quite like CountryRoyal FWIW but he's definitely a post first, think second poster.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Oct 2015 13:48

Ian Royal
genome You know the curse isn't actually a real thing right?

And it's the manager of the month that's allegedly cursed, not player.

Even so, curses aren't actually real...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Oct 2015 14:17

Green
Ouroboros The curse of regression to the mean.

I quite like CountryRoyal FWIW but he's definitely a post first, think second poster.

Life would be boring if one thought through everything they said and did :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Oct 2015 07:24

And the winner is... Jordan Rhodes :|

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Oct 2015 09:26

Rhodes scored 5 in 4 games in Sep tbf, Blackman scored 3.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Oct 2015 11:08

Pepe the Horseman And the winner is... Jordan Rhodes :|

Better believe he scores goals, Jordan Rhodes you knoowww

434 posts