Undecided - I just don’t know
11%
Ian Royal - all RFC fans are idiots
4%

Total votes: 247
oldebiscuit

Re: Time ticking on Managerial Change

by oldebiscuit » 26 Jan 2018 22:09

Reading4eva We do not want to leave this as late as 1998. We still have time for a manager to come in, kick everyone up the arse and scrape to safety. However remember to when Terry the Taxi Driver was kept on for so long.

Who do we bring in? Straight away my mind goes to managers who have turned clubs around. Megson whilst not being popular would do the job. If we stay up and that IF is become bigger by the day, he wouldn't be able to take us to the next step.

I'd go with Gilkes

Out of interest, do you do drugs?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 26 Jan 2018 22:13

oldebiscuit
Reading4eva We do not want to leave this as late as 1998. We still have time for a manager to come in, kick everyone up the arse and scrape to safety. However remember to when Terry the Taxi Driver was kept on for so long.

Who do we bring in? Straight away my mind goes to managers who have turned clubs around. Megson whilst not being popular would do the job. If we stay up and that IF is become bigger by the day, he wouldn't be able to take us to the next step.

I'd go with Gilkes

No. Do you?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 26 Jan 2018 22:14

strap

Say whatever you say about Tommy Burns' reign here BUT he stood no chance at all of keeping us in Division 1. He had to panic loan to try and keep us up. Our new manager wouldn't even have that.

I'd go with Gilkes or lure Parky back home. He's done a decent job with little resources at Bolton. You need to realise how far Bolton have fallen and there financial plight since Gartside passed away to respect what he's done there.

TBF with the (alleged) FFP issues hanging over us I fear we will only be in the market for managers currently without a club. Not sure if I am 100% up to speed with the list, but would seem that Pearson and Megson are the only 2 possibilities of "named" managers. Other than that it would mean a punt on a foreign manager (and let's face it we've not done well there), or someone from the lower leagues.

Maybe, just maybe, the owners realise this situation and are keeping theor powder dry until the close season when the FFP "season" starts again with a clean slate.

Or more likely they are working up their asset stripping plans. Wish I could find my post regarding a doomsday scenario I posted here a couple/three years back. That "6000 capacity Community Stadium" next to the new Green Park train station, whilst we play in the 4th tier doesn't look so far fetchcd now does it??!?!

If that first one is their plan, then they will have to work out how to get a big club out of League One within the rules. Stam is ruining this club

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: In or Out? New poll.

by Royal Rother » 26 Jan 2018 22:14

JIM GET RID OF THE OWNERS
They promised so much but it seems they came up with nothing,

What do you want them to come up with?

They can’t give any more funds because:

1. We would be in breach of FFP in all likelihood.

2. The Dutch triumvirate has already demonstrated it cannot be trusted with their money in the transfer market.

2a. FFS they paid a club record fee and gave a 4 year contract to Sone Fcuking Aluko.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jan 2018 22:19

Forest Gump This might sound far fetched but I think Stam is deliberately trying to get us relegated.
For me he is not genuinely trying to change things.
I’m not sure why he would try this but we know he is angry that the club failed to
back him in the summer window.
Also he doesn’t like the Reading fans much.

Why do some people have such terrible opinions?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Jan 2018 22:19

The Chinese owners haven't shown any inclination to asset strip their other clubs.

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 26 Jan 2018 22:20

In Still. You can’t get out of your pram about how we’re doing. We are little old Reading, we’ll be fine whatever. Relegation battle or not I still like going, I always will.

I don’t think that Stam or Owners are clueless. They know more about football and sports management than all of our fan base.

I also didn’t think tonight’s 3-1 was a fair reflection. 2 mistakes, one by your spiritual hero GMac, the other by the ring rusty second choice keeper and for me the 1st goal looked offside. Felt like we hit the post and bar 10 times and people didn’t take their chances. It’s just how it is sometimes. Can’t blame Stam for that.

It seems to me that most of the players have a playoff hangover and can’t shift it, combined with a lot of teams strengthening and surpassing our squad.

See ya at Burton, whoever is at the Helm.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 26 Jan 2018 22:23

Reading4eva
oldebiscuit

I'd go with Gilkes

No. Do you?

After 47 years of abstinence, 18 months of Stam football has finally made me succumb to some mind hallucinating stuff, but i still wouldn't come up with suggesting Gilkes if i took a cocktail of every available drug out there.
Is there any reason why you did?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2018 22:34

ronnyroyal In Still. You can’t get out of your pram about how we’re doing. We are little old Reading, we’ll be fine whatever. Relegation battle or not I still like going, I always will.

I don’t think that Stam or Owners are clueless. They know more about football and sports management than all of our fan base.

I also didn’t think tonight’s 3-1 was a fair reflection. 2 mistakes, one by your spiritual hero GMac, the other by the ring rusty second choice keeper and for me the 1st goal looked offside. Felt like we hit the post and bar 10 times and people didn’t take their chances. It’s just how it is sometimes. Can’t blame Stam for that.

It seems to me that most of the players have a playoff hangover and can’t shift it, combined with a lot of teams strengthening and surpassing our squad.

Only one helm here by the looks of it. :roll:

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 26 Jan 2018 22:38

oldebiscuit
Reading4eva
oldebiscuit

No. Do you?

After 47 years of abstinence, 18 months of Stam football has finally made me succumb to some mind hallucinating stuff, but i still wouldn't come up with suggesting Gilkes if i took a cocktail of every available drug out there.

Someone with a bit of bloody passion. Yes he might not keep us up at this point but I would rather someone make a good fist of it. Our side haven't become bad overnight, they aren't playing for the manager

Appoint me. I'd do a better job than Stam and keep us up with this squad. And I'll only ask for minimal wages too.

double d

by double d » 26 Jan 2018 22:41

Reading4eva
oldebiscuit
Reading4eva
No. Do you?

Someone with a bit of bloody passion. Yes he might not keep us up at this point but I would rather someone make a good fist of it. Our side haven't become bad overnight, they aren't playing for the manager

Appoint me. I'd do a better job than Stam and keep us up with this squad. And I'll only ask for minimal wages too.

It makes me laugh when armchair fans genuinely think they will do a better job then actual football managers.

double d

by double d » 26 Jan 2018 22:43

CountryRoyal
ronnyroyal In Still. You can’t get out of your pram about how we’re doing. We are little old Reading, we’ll be fine whatever. Relegation battle or not I still like going, I always will.

:lol:

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 26 Jan 2018 22:58

CountryRoyal

That was awesome.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2018 23:00

Thanks x

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 26 Jan 2018 23:01

CountryRoyal Thanks x

So clever, I don’t know how you do that.

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 26 Jan 2018 23:03

double d
CountryRoyal

:lol:

Zing.

That was so good. To do that with an emoji.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 26 Jan 2018 23:05

From Despair To Where? The Chinese owners haven't shown any inclination to asset strip their other clubs.

Do we know what assets their other clubs have then?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 27 Jan 2018 00:02

Often the case when someone who’s been wronged will choose a moment to come out just when they feel justice is about to be served.
https://twitter.com/Olliebroad18RFC/status/957006839236976640

more interesting is the Steven Reid comment
https://twitter.com/EmjayG89/status/957008055635456001 I've been saying it all season

double, double edit... I'm STAM OUT in case anyone is unsure of my contempt for Stam

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 27 Jan 2018 11:11

Depressingly lifeless with Stam as a the wet blanket.
Gimme the passion of Parky or Murty anyday.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2018 11:21

glenroyal Depressingly lifeless with Stam as a the wet blanket.
Gimme the passion of Parky or Murty anyday.

You're aware the two most successful managers in our history were quiet thoughtful types right?

And people wanted Coppell sacked for not showing enough passion and going on a bad run?

With people like you in charge we'd be in League Two with Martin Allen as manager.

Edit:Sorry that's excessively grumpy and shitty, the first two paragraphs stand but ignore the third.

423 posts