MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (a) sponsored by Andy Rogers

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (a) sponsored by Andy Rogers

by windermereROYAL » 27 Oct 2018 17:45

Hound We cannot keep a clean sheet seemingly against any opposition. Nor do we ever really look like it

This to me is the biggest single failing - always chasing the game

9 clean sheets in the last 61 league games.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Oct 2018 17:59

The squad the size Reading has and yet a midfield with about as much bite as a budgie with no teeth and as much guile as a family of Gumbys

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Oct 2018 18:00

Hound We cannot keep a clean sheet seemingly against any opposition. Nor do we ever really look like it

This to me is the biggest single failing - always chasing the game

P|ssing about with defence every game with no consistency doesn't help.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Oct 2018 18:15

Ahhh, X player / manager couldn't do worse... the mantra of the last five years continually proved false.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Oct 2018 18:24

Any truth in the rumour Clement applauded the home fans but blanked the away fans?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Oct 2018 18:26

genome Any truth in the rumour Clement applauded the home fans but blanked the away fans?

I find that incredibly unlikely.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Oct 2018 18:28

Clement knows he has had a pretty easy ride from the fans. Can’t imagine he would have blanked them - not really a PC type thing to do

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Oct 2018 18:29

genome Any truth in the rumour Clement applauded the home fans but blanked the away fans?

Well the home fans where singing you`re getting sacked in the morning so unlikely i would say.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 27 Oct 2018 19:58

Hound Clement knows he has had a pretty easy ride from the fans. Can’t imagine he would have blanked them - not really a PC type thing to do

I see what you did there...

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 27 Oct 2018 20:14

Emeraldroyal
Ascotexgunner
oldebiscuit What are you morons on? Step forward Mick McCarthy/Steve Bruce/I would rather waitfor the right man?
We aren't actually looking for a manager, we have one and he has not long started the job, give him a chance.
Sir Alex had 4 fruitless and average years at Manchester United before he picked up a trophy. Do you think they would have acheived anything other than what they were doing without him?
Dream on.

Sir Alex never got relegated or even flirted with or played sh+t football. SAF had actually won trophies so had a proven track record. Clement has no track record and never even lasted a full season at any of the 3 (including us) clubs he's been at and we show no signs of of even looking like a side that can get out of this mess.

Spot on

I would give my left bollock for Big Mick McCarthy right now.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2018 18:53

Marcus Crassus 12 points from 15 matches, on course for around 37, so nailed on for relegation.

The most baffling aspect is that PC doesn’t seem to learn anything from one match to another.

How many times have we played well with Kelly and Swift in midfield? Pele Clement hasn’t kicked a ball in the league this season so could he do any worse?

Dropping Illori for O Shea against a team with a bit of pace also doesn’t make much sense.

Unfortunately, I think PC has got to go, and go now, because I just can’t see where any improvement is going to come from.

I agree with most of what you say. Pelle Clement is the forgotten man. He cannot be worse than our current central midfielders. We know Kelly and Swift cannot play in the same midfield. Surely to God the manager now realises this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2018 19:17

Zip
Marcus Crassus 12 points from 15 matches, on course for around 37, so nailed on for relegation.

The most baffling aspect is that PC doesn’t seem to learn anything from one match to another.

How many times have we played well with Kelly and Swift in midfield? Pele Clement hasn’t kicked a ball in the league this season so could he do any worse?

Dropping Illori for O Shea against a team with a bit of pace also doesn’t make much sense.

Unfortunately, I think PC has got to go, and go now, because I just can’t see where any improvement is going to come from.

I agree with most of what you say. Pelle Clement is the forgotten man. He cannot be worse than our current central midfielders. We know Kelly and Swift cannot play in the same midfield. Surely to God the manager now realises this.

He really can. He's done less than any of the them to earn a place and you're only saying that because he hasn't been playing and proving it.

With Ezatolahi injured, Bacuna, Swift and Kelly really are our best midfielders.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2018 20:01

Snowflake Royal
Zip

He really can. He's done less than any of the them to earn a place and you're only saying that because he hasn't been playing and proving it.

With Ezatolahi injured, Bacuna, Swift and Kelly really are our best midfielders.

Sadly probably agree. Which is why it’s prob best to play only 2 of them, go 4-4-2 and start to play a longer ball game

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2018 21:33

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Don’t agree. None of our current starting midfielders is doing enough to justify their places. We have not seen enough of Clement to know if he is any worse.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2018 23:45

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Don’t agree. None of our current starting midfielders is doing enough to justify their places. We have not seen enough of Clement to know if he is any worse.

Clement has. FFS Pelle isn't even a proper midfielder, he's one of these poncy positionless attacking midfielders.

Just because those playing are doing badly doesn't mean they're not the best available. Sometimes the choice is shit or shitter.

It's not like under Stam when he'd play Kermorgant over Bodvarsson, despite Bod having the better scoring record last season.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Oct 2018 19:07

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal He really can. He's done less than any of the them to earn a place and you're only saying that because he hasn't been playing and proving it.

Clement has. FFS Pelle isn't even a proper midfielder, he's one of these poncy positionless attacking midfielders.

Just because those playing are doing badly doesn't mean they're not the best available. Sometimes the choice is shit or shitter.

It's not like under Stam when he'd play Kermorgant over Bodvarsson, despite Bod having the better scoring record last season.

Id like to see Pelle in a more advanced role. He really could never shine in a Clement or Stam team, we just don't get the ball forward quick enough. I've seen glimpses of what he's capable of and your right he is a poncy positionless attacking midfielder but he's just not getting the chance with the right tactics. He should be picking the ball up just outside the box and he is picking it up virtually on the halfway line when we go forward which is no good for him..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Oct 2018 20:31

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Id like to see Pelle in a more advanced role. He really could never shine in a Clement or Stam team, we just don't get the ball forward quick enough. I've seen glimpses of what he's capable of and your right he is a poncy positionless attacking midfielder but he's just not getting the chance with the right tactics. He should be picking the ball up just outside the box and he is picking it up virtually on the halfway line when we go forward which is no good for him..

He's not good enough to build a team around, and this squad of players don't seem capable of moving the ball forward quickly like you say, it's not like under Stam when the manager was actively encouraging them to play slow and cautious... Clement clearly wants us to go forward quicker.