New Manager

1436 posts
Barcelona Blue

Re: New Manager

by Barcelona Blue » 21 Dec 2018 13:22

My excitement/expectation level with Jovanovic would have been an 8, with Ainsworth an 8 too,....with this guy its a 1 but ill give him a 2 , so maybe could be presently surprised .

expecting more portuguese mid range players coming through the door through same agent any lets hope im wrong

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Dec 2018 13:26

genome I’m not sold on this guy, but I’m certainly not going to hold a grudge against him for the entirety of his time here, like some supporters undoubtedly will. Get behind him and give him some support.

Yeah, why hold a grudge against the bloke? If anyone has an issue, it should be with those that appointed him.

Snowball If you think a manager can be successful while hated by fans, that's a new one

If he's successful, why should he be hated?
Last edited by Denver Royal on 21 Dec 2018 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Dec 2018 13:26

Nameless We’re treated like shit are we ?
Check how much we pay for tickets, not many clubs where you pay less and they’ve kept prices for STH and kids lowfor several years.
We’ve had huge subsidy of expensive cup tickets.
In what way do the club treat us badly ?
Crowds have dropped because we’ve not been winning or playing well, but neither of those are deliberate policies of the owners.

Agreed.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Dec 2018 13:30

The only companies asking for my opinion on how they should be run are ones where I am a shareholder.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 21 Dec 2018 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 21 Dec 2018 13:31

Zip
Check how much we pay for tickets, not many clubs where you pay less and they’ve kept prices for STH and kids lowfor several years.
Crowds have dropped because we’ve not been winning or playing well, but neither of those are deliberate policies of the owners.

Agreed.

I retract the word sh*t , but still think the rubbish food and drinks at ripoff prices , rip off parking at the club is poor

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Dec 2018 13:36

Gunny Fishcake
Zip

Agreed.

I retract the word sh*t , but still think the rubbish food and drinks at ripoff prices , rip off parking at the club is poor

The parking at the Stadium has been a rip off. However you have other options. I use the Mereoak park and ride and think it’s an excellent service. The price is £5.50 return for me and my lad. I can’t fault that. Yes the food and drink prices are steep but they are at every football club. Our season ticket prices are superb especially for younger fans.
There is a lot to be critical of especially on the pitch but let’s give the club credit when it’s fully deserved.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Dec 2018 13:44

Zip
Gunny Fishcake
Zip
Agreed.

The parking at the Stadium has been a rip off. However you have other options. I use the Mereoak park and ride and think it’s an excellent service. The price is £5.50 return for me and my lad. I can’t fault that. Yes the food and drink prices are steep but they are at every football club. Our season ticket prices are superb especially for younger fans.
There is a lot to be critical of especially on the pitch but let’s give the club credit when it’s fully deserved.

Don't even need to pay.....I walk from the same carpark.....only 15 mins......unless it's raining...then I'm lazy.
Most away grounds are the same walk. If you park by the ground expect to pay more....simples. as you say Mereoak is excellent value and you miss the queues back to the M4.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Dec 2018 13:47

Gunny Fishcake
Zip

Agreed.

How many grounds do you go to expecting good food ? It’s almost universally awful stuff. Easily avoided though, I can’t understand why anyone would not just have a sandwich at home or bring something with them rather than fork out a fiver for a pie that probably costs 50p wholesale.
Do West Berks brewery still operate outside the East Stand ? Do many other clubs have a local real ale on sale at games ?
Agree about parking costs but on the flip side there are excellent local bus services. I get a bus from the top of my road right to the ground and am usually at home 40 mins after the final whistle.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 21 Dec 2018 13:48

Zip
Gunny Fishcake
Zip
Agreed.

Top post Zip.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Dec 2018 13:51

Ascotexgunner
Zip
Gunny Fishcake

Don't even need to pay.....I walk from the same carpark.....only 15 mins......unless it's raining...then I'm lazy.
Most away grounds are the same walk. If you park by the ground expect to pay more....simples. as you say Mereoak is excellent value and you miss the queues back to the M4.

Absolutely. I drive up from the Cotswolds and it’s brilliant exiting the M4 and arriving at Mereoak five minutes later. Can’t fault it.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 21 Dec 2018 14:25

Ascotexgunner
Zip
Gunny Fishcake

Google maps says that it's almost 2 miles from Mereoaks carpark to the Mad Stad. You can walk a mile in 7.5 minutes?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Dec 2018 14:29

Gunny Fishcake
Zip

Agreed.

Why don't you eat before going? Why is the food that important to you?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Dec 2018 14:55

Elm Park Kid
Ascotexgunner
Zip

Google maps says that it's almost 2 miles from Mereoaks carpark to the Mad Stad. You can walk a mile in 7.5 minutes?

I walked it once after the Bristol City game last season and it took me thirty minutes. By that time I would have got back via the park and ride. So to do it in fifteen minutes is going some.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Dec 2018 15:28

Zip
Elm Park Kid
Ascotexgunner

I walked it once after the Bristol City game last season and it took me thirty minutes. By that time I would have got back via the park and ride. So to do it in fifteen minutes is going some.

I do it quite often as well and I would say 30 minutes is about right.

boycey

by boycey » 21 Dec 2018 15:37

Hendo
Zip
Elm Park Kid

cool story

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Dec 2018 15:46

boycey
Hendo
Zip

cool story

No problem, got plenty more.

Used to park in the old HP Car Park, that was about 15 minutes I would say.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Dec 2018 15:59

Zip
Gunny Fishcake
Zip
Agreed.

Has Mereoak substantially improved in the last 18 months?

I stopped using it when it became apparent that unless you left the ground on 85 mins you'd have to wait at least 30 mins for the next bus. Waiting 45 mins in the pissing rain with the jnr leons 2 games running was the final straw.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Dec 2018 16:02

leon
Zip
Gunny Fishcake

I stopped using it when it became apparent that unless you left the ground on 85 mins you'd have to wait at least 30 mins for the next bus. Waiting 45 mins in the pissing rain with the jnr leons 2 games running was the final straw.

I would say it has, they have an employee at the front of the queue now with a walkie talkie making sure that there are plenty of buses on their way/managing it a lot better.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Dec 2018 16:16

leon
Zip
Gunny Fishcake

On average the wait is about twenty minutes after the game. It takes around ten minutes to get back to the carpark once you get on a bus with the bonus that I am back on the motorway within five minutes thereafter. It would take me longer to get back to the motorway parking at the Stadium or other parking sites close to the ground so I’m happy with it and it’s cheap.
Yes the queues can be long but they go down pretty quickly. I don’t want no jnr leons running amok whilst I’m waiting for my bus back btw.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Dec 2018 16:56

Meanwhile looks like compensation talks have hit a few glitches and Mr Gomes will not be announced before Monday. It's either that or he's been diverted and gone missing in the Gatwick aftermath.

Debut game. Millwall away.

1436 posts